I was seeing it gathering dust, thought "I should use this again for a week or so and remember what it's like, just to compare".

So I did the online switch thing, got my HTC One going again, it did some updates since it's been sitting so long. This morning, turned it on, used it some, got a voicemail, phone never rang, argh. Used it's clumsy email a few times, looked at my BB Z30 sitting there. Thought, 'why am i torturing myself'....

Back to Verizon's website, switched back to Z30, ahhh much much better. I made it a few hours with the Android before I missed my Z30 too much.

Blackberry, you BETTER stay with us, , now I know for sure Android just won't cut it
    07-08-14 12:26 PM
    I have an HTC one m7 as well as a BlackBerry z30 and very much agree about the email app on HTC. It blows. I don't know why android has not done better with email and notifications. It seems like something so easy. After using a BlackBerry device, androids are incredibly unintuitive and clumsy.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 12:32 PM
    I hear ya, I even tried using Aqua mail on my HTC, it's much better than the stock email client, I can even have a full screen widget that 'looks' like the hub. I can type faster with swype, but still, it's got no flow. Swinging into the hub, reading, deleting, etc. just smokes any other mobile email/messaging I've ever used. Androids look VERY cool if you pimp out the screen with launchers, widgets and custom icons, but I'm finding, what's under the hood is what REALLY counts.

Kinda like this....
    Attached Thumbnails So last night I re-activated my HTC One....-comp.jpg  
    Last edited by ronpfid; 07-08-14 at 12:55 PM.
    07-08-14 12:41 PM
    Question: isn't the HTC a 4G phone? Why are you using the website to swap? I just pop my sim from my N3 to Q10 or Z30, no issues
    07-08-14 01:07 PM
    I was seeing it gathering dust, thought "I should use this again for a week or so and remember what it's like, just to compare".

So I did the online switch thing, got my HTC One going again, it did some updates since it's been sitting so long. This morning, turned it on, used it some, got a voicemail, phone never rang, argh. Used it's clumsy email a few times, looked at my BB Z30 sitting there. Thought, 'why am i torturing myself'....

Back to Verizon's website, switched back to Z30, ahhh much much better. I made it a few hours with the Android before I missed my Z30 too much.

Blackberry, you BETTER stay with us, , now I know for sure Android just won't cut it
    Hardware wise the Z30 cannot compare to the HTC one. the z30 screen is so inferior...I agree on the email but the gmail app is very good
    07-08-14 01:13 PM
    Oh wow, I thought you had to do the website thing first, then swap sim cards, you can just swap the sims and that does the trick?
    07-08-14 01:14 PM
    Hardware wise the Z30 cannot compare to the HTC one. the z30 screen is so inferior...I agree on the email but the gmail app is very good
    I know, spec-wise the HTC one should really be slamm'en, but using them side by side, I get less delays, pauses and hiccups with my Z30. I think it's kinda like a killer PC but it's running windows so it's always going to be glitchy

Now I myself, prefer the Z30 screen, my HTC is punchier and brighter, but it's smaller with a narrow aspect ratio. I would love the Z30 to be brighter and contrastier, but....
    07-08-14 01:17 PM
    I know, spec-wise the HTC one should really be slamm'en, but using them side by side, I get less delays, pauses and hiccups with my Z30. I think it's kinda like a killer PC but it's running windows so it's always going to be glitchy

Now I myself, prefer the Z30 screen, my HTC is punchier and brighter, but it's smaller with a narrow aspect ratio. I would love the Z30 to be brighter and contrastier, but....
    I don't agree with this at all. My HTC one is soooo much faster and smoother than my z30. It's really the swiping into the hub and email experience that make the z30 my device of choice. Even when you compare the way recipients see my emails composed on the z30 vs the HTC one the z30 kills it.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 01:40 PM
    Maybe it's because I have so many tweaks on my HTC, nova launcher, widget locker, aquamail w/ widget, custom icons, etc etc. I'll have to try it stock and see if it can keep up with my z30
    07-08-14 01:47 PM
    But they're talking about functionality here. A phone with a 1080p screen is nothing if you can't even send a simple email with it.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Abrar0z likes this.
    07-08-14 02:04 PM
    Oh wow, I thought you had to do the website thing first, then swap sim cards, you can just swap the sims and that does the trick?
    I guess it depends. I swap the IMEI on my carriers website to continue using Visual Voice Mail, but if I just swap the SIM card it will work fine without VVM. I like VVM so I just quickly swap the IMEI on my account when switching phones, but that's me. You could just switch the SIM without worrying.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 02:28 PM
    I guess it depends. I swap the IMEI on my carriers website to continue using Visual Voice Mail, but if I just swap the SIM card it will work fine without VVM. I like VVM so I just quickly swap the IMEI on my account when switching phones, but that's me. You could just switch the SIM without worrying.

Posted via CB10
    Just tried it, your right, and that is MUCH easier.

BTW, I removed a bunch of stuff like aquamail and some other oddball things I had running, going to just use the old HTC today and see for sure how it feels. So far, the browser on my Z30 seems faster to load some pages. I do also like that my Z30 does push with my work Imap account. My HTC fetches only.
    07-08-14 02:30 PM
    Depends on the user. I can see where the a BB10 device would be a better device for some people.

I'd struggle mightily if I tried to switch from the M8 to iOS, WP8 or BB10 with respect to staying productive.
    07-08-14 03:29 PM
    What makes your Android more productive for you?
    07-08-14 05:06 PM
    Just tried it, your right, and that is MUCH easier.

BTW, I removed a bunch of stuff like aquamail and some other oddball things I had running, going to just use the old HTC today and see for sure how it feels. So far, the browser on my Z30 seems faster to load some pages. I do also like that my Z30 does push with my work Imap account. My HTC fetches only.
    Do a security wipe on the HTC then run it only with installed apps compared to a z30 in the same state. It smokes the z30

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 05:28 PM
    Oh man too much on my to wipe it, yikes! I do remember though when I first got it, it was a bit faster but still didn't impress me like the z30 does
    07-08-14 05:40 PM
    I have an HTC Evo 3D & Samsung Galaxy Nexus.....the Samsung smokes the Evo 3D in CPU and screen resolution but the battery makes the Z10 look like the Droid Razr Maxx! I do have it overclocked (so is my Evo 3D) and the battery went from 100% down to DEAD in 8 hours while I was ASLEEP!! I underclocked it BIG TIME (down to 384Mhz) to get the charge back up!
    07-08-14 05:41 PM
    Sell me the HTC
    07-08-14 05:47 PM
    I hear ya, I even tried using Aqua mail on my HTC, it's much better than the stock email client, I can even have a full screen widget that 'looks' like the hub. I can type faster with swype, but still, it's got no flow. Swinging into the hub, reading, deleting, etc. just smokes any other mobile email/messaging I've ever used. Androids look VERY cool if you pimp out the screen with launchers, widgets and custom icons, but I'm finding, what's under the hood is what REALLY counts.

Kinda like this....
    Don't know where you got this photo from but that is not a McLaren on the right. It is a Koenigsegg CCX.
    07-08-14 06:11 PM
    What makes your Android more productive for you?
    I rely heavily on stuff like Google Now and Tasker to automate activities and get stuff accomplished. Most people don't need that level of functionality. Voice commands and location-based tasks in the background tied into the system are invaluable to me.

Communication? All my emails -- work and personal -- are Gmail/Gapps-based. Android Gmail, which has plenty of room for growth, is currently the best email tool for me with complete IMAP sync of mail and folders across 7 accounts (one of which I administer remotely). Also, I have to be able to reach people on any social network 24/7... meet with people on their turf, so to speak, including group chat via
    Hangouts.

Further to communication... I have a very unique keyboard that I need to use on multiple devices. Android allows me to use my custom dictionary across devices on the go.

Then there are things, again, that most people don't need... things like not dealing with desktop software and the ability to save complete backups on the device, OTG storage and the cloud. Never had a crash, but if I did, I'm prepared. I could go on and on.

Android has plenty of room for improvement, but the ecosystem and developer community are its strongest features, IMHO.

Again, I have very specific needs that most people would call persnickety, but I do feel a mobile platform should adapt to me. I think I could be reasonably productive on any of the major four platforms, but am happy I can be picky.
    07-08-14 06:30 PM

Kinda like this....
    By the way, that is not a McLaren on the right in your photo, it is Koenigsegg CCX but your point is still valid.
    07-08-14 06:44 PM
    Don't know where you got this photo from but that is not a McLaren on the right. It is a Koenigsegg CCX.
    I typed in McClaren, Google fetched that
    07-08-14 11:13 PM
    I used my HTC all day, torture...
    It updated to sense 6, they completely ruined hdr in the camera. You can't drop exposure enough with exposure lock now, so the photos are full of blow outs. That was it's best feature. They screwed the image gallery all up too with the update.
    Last edited by ronpfid; 07-09-14 at 10:53 AM.
    07-08-14 11:15 PM
    ...I agree on the email but the gmail app is very good
    Unless you hate having emails grouped as convos. Which I do. Or have they changed that yet?
    kthhrrsn and spikesolie like this.
    07-08-14 11:23 PM
    It does for me. On Verizon.
    07-08-14 11:25 PM
43 12