I meant Z30. I've been dealing with Thinkpads so I got confused.

Has anyone made a go with a smart watch? I like the Martian but don't think you get functionality apart from phone calls on BB OS10. This is just based on my Internet searches.

The Pebble steel looks nice but not as good as the Martian.
    Last edited by markmall; 02-10-14 at 03:14 AM.
    02-10-14 02:57 AM
    There a quite a few apps that give you pebble integration, I think. I don't know anything about "Martian".

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 04:15 AM
    I meant Z30. I've been dealing with Thinkpads so I got confused.
    No problem, thread title fixed for you.

Has anyone made a go with a smart watch? I like the Martian but don't think you get functionality apart from phone calls on BB OS10. This is just based on my Internet searches.

The Pebble steel looks nice but not as good as the Martian.
    I knew a few of the other Moderators have a Pebble, but not sure what the functionality is.
    Here's the 3rd party native BB10 Pebble client:

Check out Talk2Watch in BlackBerry World! You can find it at Talk2Watch - BlackBerry World
    02-10-14 04:35 AM
    I know it doesn't help you yet, but I did the same post a while back and decided, along with my own research, to go with the Pebble Steel. A lot of people said that Talk2Watch is a great app for BB10 that gets you a lot of the Pebble functionality, and I just love the look of the Steel.

Mine is in the next batch to ship (mid-to-late February) so once I get it and start playing I will definitely post my thoughts and findings here!

Kev
    02-10-14 08:47 AM
    I have a Martian paired with a Z30. You don't get email or SMS notification, but you do get phone call functionality (take. make and talk from the watch), notification when your phone battery is low, notification when you are "out of range" (helps if you forget your phone when you leave) and some other goodies. Download the Martian Watch Alerts app from Snap - it helps.
    02-10-14 08:53 AM
    A lot of people said that Talk2Watch is a great app for BB10 that gets you a lot of the Pebble functionality
    Talk2Watch is a great app for BlackBerry 10 pebble users.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 10:55 AM
    Thanks all.i have to send my regular watch in for service. I think I might get a pebble steel. The speakerphone of the Martian is not so great for urban environment. Better off with fuller functionality of pebble.

Did not realize the original phone by this maker was made for BlackBerry os 7.
    02-10-14 10:58 AM
    Ya pebble started out with another named product, "impulse" or something for BlackBerry just as they were dying off back when.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 11:03 AM
    Thanks all.i have to send my regular watch in for service. I think I might get a pebble steel. The speakerphone of the Martian is not so great for urban environment. Better off with fuller functionality of pebble.

Did not realize the original phone by this maker was made for BlackBerry os 7.
    Let us know how long it takes to get your Steel - I ordered mine on Jan. 28th - still processing and saying mid-to-late Feb
    02-10-14 01:29 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking about going a Martian, so I want to know more about compatibility, has anyone emailed them about a BB10 app? Or general compatibility?

Check Out TechCraze
    07-27-14 11:44 AM
    I want to get the Moto 360!!!

Posted via CB10 using my beautiful white Z30
    07-27-14 04:51 PM
    I know it doesn't help you yet, but I did the same post a while back and decided, along with my own research, to go with the Pebble Steel. A lot of people said that Talk2Watch is a great app for BB10 that gets you a lot of the Pebble functionality, and I just love the look of the Steel.

Mine is in the next batch to ship (mid-to-late February) so once I get it and start playing I will definitely post my thoughts and findings here!

Kev
    Agreed I have talk2watch installed on my pebbles steel and the sync is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 04:05 PM
    I have a Z30 and a pebble smart watch. I use talk2watch pro and smartwatch companion and power tools. It is great get weather and BBM notifications and email, twitter and even Facebook chat. You need the pebble app to add watch faces but that is OK. I just remove after. Hope this helps. I wear mine always, not at bed but most other times. Water proof helps also. It has a great design in my eyes. Others can't talk about only pebble haven't tried any other.

Posted via Z30 10.2.1.2977
    07-28-14 04:18 PM