So now that Blackberry has begun rolling out BBM and the Z30. Notice how it hasn't hit the US yet. This is smart marketing by BlackBerry. With the huge successful release of BBM, the US is surely to be reminded of the once glorious BlackBerry. And with the eminent release of the Z30 in the US, it should help rack up some more interested consumers. 10.2 is just the start of it all.

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    10-23-13 12:24 PM
    Agree. PLUS the OS rollouts today, which will HOPEFULLY coincide with the US. release.
    Otech#CB likes this.
    10-23-13 12:30 PM
    I think everyday your dont have your device on sale you are losing sales. They dont have all the control over when its in the US. Carriers have to test and such and that is probably what they are doing now.
    10-23-13 12:30 PM
    I think everyday your dont have your device on sale you are losing sales.
    I think that is the point a lot of people miss. Most smartphone just upgrade their phone when their contract is up or their phone breaks. If the new BlackBerry is not in the store when they go to upgrade, how are they going to get it?
    10-23-13 12:47 PM
    BlackBerry is launching the devices in parts of the world where people aren't Americans. Most Americans clearly have no clue what BlackBerry is all about, so BlackBerry makes their products available first in other areas of the world.

In other words, BlackBerry doesn't care a lot about the USA right now.

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    10-24-13 03:18 PM
    Why would they launch their newest phones in a country that doesn't want to buy them? LOL... and the testing by carriers is not more strict in the USA as it is everywhere else, that's no excuse either.

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    10-24-13 03:20 PM
    I think its too early to tell. We really have no idea what plans do BB company has.
    10-24-13 03:21 PM
    It's not about Americans... it's about Marketing.. like try to visit an apple store anywhere in the us. 90% of the visitors are kids.. so they are missing that market..

Posted via CB10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    10-24-13 04:04 PM
    "smart marketing" and "BB" in the same sentence? Now that's a first.
    SoCalRedbird and Otech#CB like this.
    10-24-13 06:04 PM
    I think BBM on other platforms will yield neither positive nor negative results for BB. Zero gain,....or loss.

JMDZ10
    10-24-13 06:55 PM
    So now that Blackberry has begun rolling out BBM and the Z30. Notice how it hasn't hit the US yet. This is smart marketing by BlackBerry. With the huge successful release of BBM, the US is surely to be reminded of the once glorious BlackBerry. And with the eminent release of the Z30 in the US, it should help rack up some more interested consumers. 10.2 is just the start of it all.

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    Smart marketing and BlackBerry are two things that never go together.

Sadly, it will likely be hard even find a Z30 in a US store and when you do in a Verizon store it will be over priced. $299 on a two year. Ya rite!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 07:19 PM
    I think it'd be a pointless battle to fight in the USA right now for BlackBerry.

So much to gain but so much to do that I doubt they possess the budget or adequate marketing brains to even consider staging a good USA marketing campaign.

The strategy of stripping down, streamlining, and focusing on a dedicated customer base (ie. "prosumers") is a good one in my opinion.

You need to build yourself up before completely throwing yourself into the ring. Train before the fight yenno?
    Otech#CB likes this.
    10-25-13 12:49 AM
    I think BlackBerry is right to narrow their focus. The devices they make and have made have a learning curve and focus which is not everyone 's priority. So be it. Do what you do best and focus on the segment that appreciates and wants your product. The cool factor crowd is not BlackBerry niche market.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 12:57 AM
    BlackBerry is launching the devices in parts of the world where people aren't Americans. Most Americans clearly have no clue what BlackBerry is all about, so BlackBerry makes their products available first in other areas of the world.

In other words, BlackBerry doesn't care a lot about the USA right now.

Posted via CB10
    I agree to a point. BlackBerry is launching devices in parts of the world that haven't outright rejected their brand. US is downright hostile toward BlackBerry at the moment. The average consumer doesn't care to know how much better the devices are now. They're happy with their iPhones & Galaxy's.

BlackBerry still wants in on the US market, so they care. They just want to/need to start where they'll be able to demonstrate some success & then build on that story.

Keith H. Posted using CB10.
    Otech#CB likes this.
    10-26-13 07:43 AM
    I think BBM on other platforms will yield neither positive nor negative results for BB. Zero gain,....or loss.

JMDZ10
    Time will tell...

10-26-13 07:45 AM

JMDZ10
    BBM has been trending on Twitter in Toronto for almost 5 days...i think a lit of people will be very surprised after the numbers come out. now is they can launch a successful campaign in the US focused on its security American should eat that stuff up after the whole NSA deal.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    Otech#CB likes this.
    10-26-13 07:52 AM

JMDZ10
    This is highly inaccurate, I think it will help them gain way more brand name recognition then BlackBerry has ever gotten, especially from the younger crowd. I mean, its definitely not a 0 loss 0 gain situation. Not after 20+ million have downloaded the app.
    11-06-13 01:47 AM
    Smart marketing and BlackBerry are two things that never go together.

Sadly, it will likely be hard even find a Z30 in a US store and when you do in a Verizon store it will be over priced. $299 on a two year. Ya rite!

Posted via CB10
    Verizon has customers who already get ripped off, so I wouldn't be surprised if they would pay a higher price tag. But anyways I'm a T-Mobile guy and I've always loved BlackBerry and I know their pricing isn't going to be way over board like Verizon.
    11-06-13 01:49 AM
    I think it'd be a pointless battle to fight in the USA right now for BlackBerry.

So much to gain but so much to do that I doubt they possess the budget or adequate marketing brains to even consider staging a good USA marketing campaign.

The strategy of stripping down, streamlining, and focusing on a dedicated customer base (ie. "prosumers") is a good one in my opinion.

You need to build yourself up before completely throwing yourself into the ring. Train before the fight yenno?
    Well I stayed quiet for this long, and now look, they're not disappearing and they will change up their marketing methods, especially in the US. Hopefully you're feeling pretty confident yourself. I think they were already pretty built up but their marketing lacked a lot.
    11-06-13 01:51 AM
    I agree to a point. BlackBerry is launching devices in parts of the world that haven't outright rejected their brand. US is downright hostile toward BlackBerry at the moment. The average consumer doesn't care to know how much better the devices are now. They're happy with their iPhones & Galaxy's.

BlackBerry still wants in on the US market, so they care. They just want to/need to start where they'll be able to demonstrate some success & then build on that story.

Thank you, for such a great explanation. That is what I am saying. Don't go put inventory in a country that's not interested yet because they're too blinded, and the marketing has been week to gain their attention. However, BBM is sure something that gain some directed some attention at the company. And the Z30 will hopefully be a success around the world and make its way to a successful launch with U.S. carriers aside from Verizon.
    11-06-13 01:55 AM