Anyone out there whose rocking a Z30, please if you don't mind, can u take a screen shot of the fully loaded Web page phonearena.com and post it here? It should be zoomed out, I just wanna see the "ppi" stuff!
    Thank you
    Am posting a screen shot of Z10(356 ppi) and Samsung galaxy grand(187 ppi) in which Z10's is 1000 times clearer and I can read every single line and grand is sh*t!

A small favour from any Z30 owner, please?-img_20131091.png

A small favour from any Z30 owner, please?-samsung-galaxy-grand-duos-review-039-internet.jpg

Posted via My Black BlackBerry Zed-10
    rally5464 likes this.
    11-16-13 05:27 AM
    Or just email me the screenshot, so I can see it in its original size nd detail
    Email ID: [email protected]

11-16-13 05:32 AM
    Sending now!

Posted via CB10
    jevinzac likes this.
    11-16-13 05:35 AM
    Sending now!

Posted via CB10
    Downloading it now, Am using 2g network! So u know :P
    And btw, thanks a lot for ur effort (y)

11-16-13 05:38 AM
    How's this?
    What should we compare?

A small favour from any Z30 owner, please?-img_00000034.png

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:38 AM
    How's this?
    What should we compare?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000034.png 
Views:	1636 
Size:	363.5 KB 
ID:	221372

Posted via CB10
    Am comparing the text readability to get a slight idea of the clarity on Z30

11-16-13 05:40 AM
    Am comparing the text readability to get a slight idea of the clarity on Z30

I know that this will be hard to believe, but...
    The Screenshot doesn't do anything for you if you want to know how bad/good the readability of the display is.

You need a photo of the screen, not a screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 05:56 AM
    Thanks guys I checked out the screenshot and I didnt find the "OMG the screen is so pixelated" stuff some people have been telling about the Z30's display, the clarity difference between a Z10 and Z30 is not that easily noticeable and I can read the content from Z30 with minimal or no difficulty at all! The difference is there if u check clearly by putting ur face close to the display like for example: under the home tab, check the the "verizon" text, on the z10 it's pretty clear but on the Z30 the "eri" of the verizon is not that easily visible and check the text "will Google and Microsoft ever play nice?", the edges of the texts are slightly unpolished or "jagged"! And these jaggedness exist in almost all the small fonts but it doesn't mean I can't read it, I was able to read the contents without any difficulties!
    So I don't know what people are complaining about! I can live with this kind of display on a phone! It's pretty clear according to me!
    But the weird thing I noticed is that
    For Z30: dimensions of the screenshot is 720*1280 and size is 855 KB
    For Z10: 768*1280 and size is 705 KB
    For grand: 480*800 and size 123 KB
    Why is the size of the screenshot from Z30 more than the Z10's? I thought Z10 should be having the largest size among these cuz of the highest resolution and ppi! I know this is not a big deal but am curious to why it is like this!

Edit: wait! I think the difference in size is because of the 5in display vs the 4.2in display?
    11-16-13 06:03 AM
    I know that this will be hard to believe, but...
    The Screenshot doesn't do anything for you if you want to know how bad/good the readability of the display is.

You need a photo of the screen, not a screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    Well screenshot does show the difference for me! If u want I'll mail u all the 3 screen shots and you can see the difference if u look closely!

11-16-13 06:04 AM
    The resolution difference is not noticeable, the screen is dimmer than a Z10 at max brightness (not a deal breaker for me). That's all you need to know.
    11-16-13 06:56 AM
    The resolution difference is not noticeable, the screen is dimmer than a Z10 at max brightness (not a deal breaker for me). That's all you need to know.
    I can notice it without looking too hard and it's especially obvious when you compare it side by side with another 5 inch device using a 1080p screen.
    Not to forget that the Z30 uses a pentile matrix which further lowers the perceived PPI.

The screen would be reason enough for me not to buy the device.
    When I now factor in the price that is far too high for what the device offers on the spec front, it's a no-brainer for me to completely ignore the phone as my next one.

It's a fine mid-range device though.

Well screenshot does show the difference for me! If u want I'll mail u all the 3 screen shots and you can see the difference if u look closely!

I don't know what you have seen, but a screenshot will not show you how the display itself performs considering PPI, because a screenshot only shows you what the device thinks it should display, not the grid of pixels you perceive in real-life.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:07 AM

I don't know what you have seen, but a screenshot will not show you how the display itself performs considering PPI, because a screenshot only shows you what the device thinks it should display, not the grid of pixels you perceive in real-life.

Posted via CB10
    A screenshot captures the exact stuff displayed on the screen like a photocopy so when viewed through a display with higher resolution and ppi, u can see how the page was on that device u took the screenshot from! And no I don't see the grid of pixels on the screenshot but I do see the jaggedness!

11-16-13 07:19 AM
    A screenshot captures the exact stuff displayed on the screen like a photocopy so when viewed through a display with higher resolution and ppi, u can see how the page was on that device u took the screenshot from! And no I don't see the grid of pixels on the screenshot but I do see the jaggedness!

Now that makes more sense, and I think that I may have misunderstood what you wanted to do.
    But a photography of a Z30 with a Z10 side by side of the same browser page open would still show you more, when done right.

(grid of pixels=the matrix of the display. I didn't mean that you should really see it, but just how it performs)

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:48 AM
    Lol.... ur wrong... how can a screen shot show you the clarity of the screen? it's an image taken and saved in the device... has nothing at all to do with the screen. Think about what you are saying for a minute.

Posted via CB10... Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    11-16-13 07:54 AM
    I can notice it without looking too hard and it's especially obvious when you compare it side by side with another 5 inch device using a 1080p screen.
    Not to forget that the Z30 uses a pentile matrix which further lowers the perceived PPI.

The screen would be reason enough for me not to buy the device.
    When I now factor in the price that is far too high for what the device offers on the spec front, it's a no-brainer for me to completely ignore the phone as my next one.

It's a fine mid-range device though.

Posted via CB10
    Lol dammit marsupilami! You always have to give everyone "the talk" when they say that 720p looks fine on the z30! Aghhh!

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-16-13 08:14 AM
    Now that makes more sense, and I think that I may have misunderstood what you wanted to do.
    But a photography of a Z30 with a Z10 side by side of the same browser page open would still show you more, when done right.

(grid of pixels=the matrix of the display. I didn't mean that you should really see it, but just how it performs)

Posted via CB10
    Yeah but I have seen photos of them together but none were clear, so I can't make any judgement like that. Only if the camera is too good and the photo is focused properly, then only I think I can come to a conclusion. But still it won't be a perfect method to find out. That's why I asked for the screenshot, as u can see the browser Web page of Samsung grand was unreadable, and that is how u see that page from that mobile.

11-16-13 08:22 AM
    Lol.... ur wrong... how can a screen shot show you the clarity of the screen? it's an image taken and saved in the device... has nothing at all to do with the screen. Think about what you are saying for a minute.

Posted via CB10... Z10STL100-1/10.2.0.1803
    Pass me ur email ID, I'll send those 3 screen shots and then you prove me wrong

11-16-13 08:24 AM
    Lol dammit marsupilami! You always have to give everyone "the talk" when they say that 720p looks fine on the z30! Aghhh!

I am the counter-Bluenoser63, what shall I do?
    It's not like I would be searching for such posts all day long (or maybe I am?)...

In any case, the Z30 is an awesome BlackBerry and a really good midrange device.
    I would totally buy one just for fun, if it has the same price as a Nexus 5.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:25 AM
    I am the counter-Bluenoser63, what shall I do?
    It's not like I would be searching for such posts all day long (or maybe I am?)...

In any case, the Z30 is an awesome BlackBerry and a really good midrange device.
    I would totally buy one just for fun, if it has the same price as a Nexus 5.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I think you are Hmmmm........
    I was reading, "awesome BlackBerry" yes finally something positive from you about the z30, and then I read"i would buy one just for fun if it was the same price as the nexus 5"
    Dammit just pay the damn 600$ for the premium device!!!! Idc if it's too much! You're gonna buy it and you're gonna enjoy every single pixel of that 295 pixel screen! Lol end rant....

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-16-13 10:06 AM
    a tad dimmer than z10 perhaps, but far better than Q10's screen. Can't really do a direct compare LCD vs SuperAMOLED

so compared to another similar device with similar screen technology -
    the Z30 has far better "readability" and contrast than Q10 - especially outdoor and in sunlight
    11-16-13 10:41 AM
    a tad dimmer than z10 perhaps, but far better than Q10's screen. Can't really do a direct compare LCD vs SuperAMOLED

so compared to another similar device with similar screen technology -
    the Z30 has far better "readability" and contrast than Q10 - especially outdoor and in sunlight
    Yes, and compared with a Galaxy S4, that has about the same screen size and uses an AMOLED display, the Z30 is worse.

Lol I think you are Hmmmm........
    I was reading, "awesome BlackBerry" yes finally something positive from you about the z30, and then I read"i would buy one just for fun if it was the same price as the nexus 5"
    Dammit just pay the damn 600$ for the premium device!!!! Idc if it's too much! You're gonna buy it and you're gonna enjoy every single pixel of that 295 pixel screen! Lol end rant....

Let's say it like this:
    I prefer BB10 over every other OS (with iOS being on the last place), I am able and willing to buy more than one high-end phone a year off-contract and I have no problem with the Z10/30's design.

But I am not willing to buy hardware from last year for the price of hardware from tomorrow.
    The Z30 is a superb BlackBerry, and it's a very nice upgrade coming from the Z10 I use right now.
    But when I compare it with the Note 3, I just can't justify the price of the Z30.
    When I look at the Nokia Lumia 1520, it's the same scenario....

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:46 AM
    Here.
    A small favour from any Z30 owner, please?-img_00000046.png

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 11:17 AM
    Nice little chart comparing z30 display to z10 and sg4

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Bl...-Review_id3452

Posted from my 295ppi super amoled s stripe 720p Z30
    11-16-13 11:18 AM
    Yes, and compared with a Galaxy S4, that has about the same screen size and uses an AMOLED display, the Z30 is worse.

Interesting - perhaps there are individual differences...
    having them side by side - G4 is brighter indoor - have more pixels to work with,
    but when outdoor in sunlight - the Z30 is at least just as good... but again - perhaps there are differences - and we have always bright sunlight...and perhaps it's from different use - I don't play games on the device - I do take pictures, write and read - and I still prefer the Z30 with BB10 ... combination of OS/Apps/screen - does it for me... - but then again - the world is big enough for choices - one device don't fit all. Some like the daughter, some the mother - some like them both :-)
    11-16-13 11:20 AM

Let's say it like this:
    I prefer BB10 over every other OS (with iOS being on the last place), I am able and willing to buy more than one high-end phone a year off-contract and I have no problem with the Z10/30's design.

But I am not willing to buy hardware from last year for the price of hardware from tomorrow.
    The Z30 is a superb BlackBerry, and it's a very nice upgrade coming from the Z10 I use right now.
    But when I compare it with the Note 3, I just can't justify the price of the Z30.
    When I look at the Nokia Lumia 1520, it's the same scenario....

Posted via CB10
    Mhm i mean I see your point I'm not disagreeing. Personally the only specs i really care about is the screen,at not really the ppi, but the type of screen. I have a nexus 7 last year's model and at 720p you can see pixels and jagged edges BUT it's very usable and doesn't hinder the experience, the screen doesn't really look all to bad a whole except for the blacks the blacks are horrid. I'm sure the new one looks sweet in 1080p.
    Now as far as the z30 goes, I'm forgiving about the amoled because of its power saving technology, other than that I'd rather have lcd any day. I'm sure the 295 ppi doesn't look THAT bad lol, 1080p would be nice but for me it's definitely not necessary. As for the pricing 500 i think would've been a fair price, but they aren't in the best position to price it that low.
    As for the processor, as long as the phone is smooth then I have no quarrels with it. I know what you mean though, why pay 600 for an under specd phone when you can get a nexus 5 for half the price and double the specs. I understand where you're coming from.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-16-13 11:28 AM
33 12