Hi all! Z30 on the new 10.3. 1.1565. When typing a message on 10.2, and requiring just a single symbol (for example an open bracket or an apostrophe) one could hold in the ?123 key to bring up the symbol screen, tap the symbol you needed, and simply release the ?123 key to continue typing the regular letters. Great for productivity. On 10.3 this is broken, and requires an extra keypress of the ?123 key to return to the regular letters. Anyone else missing this feature? Or did I miss something? Is it an option?

Edit: when swiping down on the keyboard to bring up the symbols, the action is correct, i.o.w. after typing the required symbol, the keyboard returns to default letters.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by miched2; 02-23-15 at 04:24 PM.
    02-23-15 04:11 PM
    i don't know if it's broken. That's how mine seems to work. is one extra tap too much?
    02-23-15 08:51 PM
    This keyboard is all about the 'flow'. It's about moving swiftly and accurately along, and maintaining the excellence of this great keyboard. I wish they wouldn't drop such neat features as they develop. We want to move forward, after all! Why remove it?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:34 PM
    i don't know if it's broken. That's how mine seems to work. is one extra tap too much?
    Condescending much...
    One extra step from something that required one less step can be a huge annoyance.
    That said, I didn't know you could ever do that on a Z30. Holding the symbol button usually just locked 'symbols' for me
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    02-23-15 11:37 PM
    Just checked and this is missing. Oh common, this is not good in terms of moving forward. I believe a whole lot of us was use to doing it. It's not about the one extra rap. It's about having benefits and intuitive response which stands the blackberry apart from rest. Where the added benefits now. Some more cool and intuitive feature went missing here in 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:51 PM
    I'm pleased someone else also uses (used) the feature. I'm sure those who are familiar with it will agree that it really makes the typing a slick affair. Hope we can get it back.

Where can one report bugs like this, or add them onto a wishlist for future updates?

The workaround now is to swipe down over the keyboard. Once you've tapped your symbol, the letters return so that you can type normally.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 05:01 AM
    I'm pleased someone else also uses (used) the feature. I'm sure those who are familiar with it will agree that it really makes the typing a slick affair. Hope we can get it back.

Where can one report bugs like this, or add them onto a wishlist for future updates?

The workaround now is to swipe down over the keyboard. Once you've tapped your symbol, the letters return so that you can type normally.

Posted via CB10
    I've always swiped down. It's as fast, might take a day to get used to it
    02-24-15 09:08 AM
    Thanks, Mx!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 01:02 AM
    Strange, it works exactly same way as it was in 10.2.1. Touch the symbol and slide it over.

Posted by BlackBerry Z30
    02-26-15 02:32 AM
    What's that saying, "Can't please..."?

I, OTH, absolutely love this feature!! Because oftentimes I want to do that - !! - and not have to go back and forth. Guess what? Other times, it's a PITA that it doesn't automatically go back to letters from symbols after hitting one symbol.

You know what annoys me? When I hit the spacebar, it automatically sends me back to letters. Maybe I want to do this: * * *, not ***.

Hmmm..... I am SO disappointed!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-26-15 10:41 AM