But seriously...

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:29 AM
    I. Am. Running 10.31.2267 on my verizon. Z30 and on my Z10 it running. Great but on my Q10 the notification volume is low

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:54 AM
    Yes, it's better, android apps operate better. It's up to you though.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 03:45 AM
    Update: I spent quite a bit of time reading the forums , trying to objectively review the new OS. I pulled out my Q10, which has the new OS, and played around. Most of my fears were alleviated. Remember has settings for note view as default. The calendar, although it doesn't have the growing dates and more elegant bar style appointment view, is functional and not difficult to adjust to. The install was absolutely painless. No issues at all.
    The only problem I discovered is my tried and true password app Vault, no longer works. Goodbye old friend. All in all the new OS is truly a polished upgrade. If you haven't upgraded your Z30 yet, I suggest you grab a beer, a glass of wine or a dram of scotch and fly at it!! You WILL like it!

Z30-Z10-9900-Playbook
    I use Password Keeper from BlackBerry. Would that be the same as Vault? Password Keeper is a native BlackBerry App so it works great.

Look! It's Zedzilla 30!
    CindyCracker likes this.
    02-27-15 07:33 AM
    Personally, I'm going to be sticking with 10.2.1 on my Q10 simply for the better Calendar. It's more important to be efficient than have all the new window dressings. I'll be testing my current Classic against a new unlocked Q10 that arrives today.

I'd recommend waiting on the 10.3.1 update until the bugs are worked out, at least.

It's funny, all the old 10.2 users are cropping up now that the 10.3 updates are being pushed. Every forum is filled with older BB10 users complaining about the new Calendar app. I've been complaining about this since pre-Passport from leak testing. It's truly an awful change, and I'm extremely glad to see more threads about users being upset by the changes. Maybe BlackBerry will finally take notice.

Posted via CB10
    KR2013 likes this.
    02-27-15 08:47 AM
    I have been on 10.2 since July. It's an awesome phone. Up to you, the benefits are countless. Depends on how or if you want to use the new features. IMHO.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    02-27-15 11:11 AM
    Posted from 10.2. Soon 10.3. Looking for more info on new calendar.
    Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    02-27-15 11:13 AM
    Personally, I'm going to be sticking with 10.2.1 on my Q10 simply for the better Calendar. It's more important to be efficient than have all the new window dressings. I'll be testing my current Classic against a new unlocked Q10 that arrives today.

I'd recommend waiting on the 10.3.1 update until the bugs are worked out, at least.

It's funny, all the old 10.2 users are cropping up now that the 10.3 updates are being pushed. Every forum is filled with older BB10 users complaining about the new Calendar app. I've been complaining about this since pre-Passport from leak testing. It's truly an awful change, and I'm extremely glad to see more threads about users being upset by the changes. Maybe BlackBerry will finally take notice.

Posted via CB10
    Come on, it's the new simplified look, like flat icons, Calendars without any additional frills, like NO appts showing is just so much more elegant!
    02-27-15 03:18 PM
    I updated my Z10 to 10.3 and really like it. Don't have a problem with the calendar. I have noticed a lot of complaints from people running 10.3.1 on Z30's and that's why I'm a little hesitant to upgrade it from the 10.2 it came with. I personally prefer the 10.3.1 on my Z10. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet. Still using my Z10 for right now.

STL100-4 / 10.3.1.2267
    02-27-15 05:50 PM
    You'll be fine on the z30 too...just do it...
    The flat apps and all...just the style now. The Mac OS, Yosemite, same thing, flat icons, but who am I to rail against the machine...
    10.3.1 is a faster Os...noticeably.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:57 PM
    10.3 is awesome. I would never go back to 10.2.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-27-15 09:37 PM
    Updated my Z30 to 10.3.1.2267 and it's as awesome on the 30 as it is on my Z10! One thing I have noticed a big difference on is the speed between the Z30 and the Z10. Not saying it's just because of loading 10.3 but the Z30 seems much faster and more fluid. I haven't completely changed from my Z10 yet because I don't quite have the Z30 fully set up yet. Will take a little getting used to the size also. Anyway, back to the subject of the OP, I definitely think it is worth upgrading to 10.3. I like the appearance better, the advanced interactions, and it just doesn't feel "choppy" to me like 10.2 did. Better upgrade for Z10 and Z30 in my opinion...

STL100-4 / 10.3.1.2267
    02-28-15 05:05 PM
    I have an updated z10 since on launch date the new OS was ready for download. The new OS made my z10 look new. For my z30 it was different, the update didn't show up until the other day. And i was thinking ill keep the 10.2.1 since i have 10.3.1 in my other phone. I finally gave it a go yesterday. Update went smoothly and the issues reported here were nonexistent, though flash is not supported anymore. Battery seemed to have improved a little bit also. I'm planning to keep my z30 for the long haul.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:16 PM
    If you do update. Don't let your battery die. Every day there's a few more people with the same issue. Z30 and 10.3 and a screen that stays black. Won't wake up. Phone still works, if into hdmi and it's fine but won't wake up

I've got this one to the point where it works now, when plugged in. Not much of an bile phone anymore

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:33 PM
    Hopefully I can avoid that. I've been two weeks now on 10.3 and I've got to say the more I use it the better I like the OS. It's just faster and I have it tuned now so that the battery is even better than before. Also the notifications are back to normal after frigging around a bit..
    I'm really happy with this device.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:38 PM
    You'll be fine on the z30 too...just do it...
    The flat apps and all...just the style now. The Mac OS, Yosemite, same thing, flat icons, but who am I to rail against the machine...
    10.3.1 is a faster Os...noticeably.

Posted via CB10
    No, flat was a Windows Phone thing. They brought it back (as it was also a graphic design thing throughout the past century, off and on).

Apple is doing flat wrong. Microsoft is doing it pretty okay. Bb10 wasn't super 3d before. It's a relatively flat OS already. 10.3.1 is nice in some respects, but insane in others. The giant circle buttons are infuriating, for one. The transparency of action bars is a 3D technique. Such a backwards ui design

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 10:03 PM
    Does Google Maps run straight out of box with 10.3.1 without any patches?
    03-03-15 10:48 AM
    Read this before you update.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

I wouldn't update a z30 until this update is fixed

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-03-15 11:09 AM
    Read this before you update.

KB36766-BlackBerry 10 smartphone Screen appears blank or black and will not power on after software update

I wouldn't update a z30 until this update is fixed

Posted via CB10
    WOW. That's insane. I don't think this was reported very often, someone mentioned this but they said it came back to life after restart.
    Can't we recover from this with Autoloader or something? I guess the problem would be if it is stuck at USB storage mode..
    I believe there are a lot of people with Z30 running 10.3.1 without this issue and in fact it was released by some carriers to Z30 already?
    03-03-15 03:01 PM
    WOW. That's insane. I don't think this was reported very often, someone mentioned this but they said it came back to life after restart.
    Can't we recover from this with Autoloader or something? I guess the problem would be if it is stuck at USB storage mode..
    I believe there are a lot of people with Z30 running 10.3.1 without this issue and in fact it was released by some carriers to Z30 already?
    Your right, lots and lots of people are fine with update. Seems to die if you let the battery drain to dead. I've tried autoloader of 10.3 and 10.2 but nothing will bring it back to working properly. It's fine if I leave it plugged in but that's not really a mobile phone then.

On BlackBerry support forums the list of users affected by this bug is growing by the hour. Here to

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:07 PM
    Your right, lots and lots of people are fine with update. Seems to die if you let the battery drain to dead. I've tried autoloader of 10.3 and 10.2 but nothing will bring it back to working properly. It's fine if I leave it plugged in but that's not really a mobile phone then.

On BlackBerry support forums the list of users affected by this bug is growing by the hour. Here to

Posted via CB10
    Oh wow, so the issue is present if it drains battery and never wakes up again?
    This is really a serious issue, one that can leave someone without a phone. So when you plug it, it wakes up and screen turns on?
    03-03-15 03:14 PM
    Oh wow, so the issue is present if it drains battery and never wakes up again?
    This is really a serious issue, one that can leave someone without a phone. So when you plug it, it wakes up and screen turns on?
    Yea. When phone is plugged into power, it works but it took 2 days of messing around to get it to that point. At first it was just black, never woke up

I had to charge it full while off. Till green light. Then turn on, wait 5 min and do hard reset. Do this over and over till I finally saw BlackBerry across the screen in white. I thought it was fixed. Haha. No, not even close. Then I plugged into link and did a backup. Then a restore. Still the same. Then autoloader to 10.2 and still the same. Now back to 10.3. Same

But I will say, it might be slowly coming back. Over last couple days, it is waking up after unplugging it but only for 30 min. Longest so far was 92 minutes. But it's not growing, it goes up and down.

I wish I had known, would have never updated.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 03:25 PM
    Yea. When phone is plugged into power, it works but it took 2 days of messing around to get it to that point. At first it was just black, never woke up

I had to charge it full while off. Till green light. Then turn on, wait 5 min and do hard reset. Do this over and over till I finally saw BlackBerry across the screen in white. I thought it was fixed. Haha. No, not even close. Then I plugged into link and did a backup. Then a restore. Still the same. Then autoloader to 10.2 and still the same. Now back to 10.3. Same

But I will say, it might be slowly coming back. Over last couple days, it is waking up after unplugging it but only for 30 min. Longest so far was 92 minutes. But it's not growing, it goes up and down.

I wish I had known, would have never updated.

Posted via CB10
    This is seriously annoying. Which phone are you using now?
    Do you have a link to BB forums where this is being discussed? I am surprised it didn't raise hell in CB so far.
    03-03-15 03:35 PM
    This is seriously annoying. Which phone are you using now?
    Do you have a link to BB forums where this is being discussed? I am surprised it didn't raise hell in CB so far.
    http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

I have a sta100-5

I've posted it here a few times In threads but the apologists have been shooting it down, saying it's a bad screen and other be. Now that BlackBerry has admitted it that isn't happening anymore. I've been in tech support almost 20 years. I k.ew this was going to grow and get bigger as soon ss it happened to this pgone
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-03-15 03:37 PM
49 12