So while shopping this past weekend I decided to do an informal walk-by survey to see who had Z30s out and where they were placed

Of course Rogers had no Z30s and neither did Fido which is also a Rogers brand. But they both had BB phones prominently displayed with active demo on some phones ( Seems they will have Z30 soon in the stores).

Bell and Telus have the prominently displayed as well and Wireless Wave and The Source had them in the Bell sections on their displays.

What was missing was any posters or other promotional info, stands or special display cases.

So they are out, available, up front in display cases ... but nothing to draw special attention to them. Like the large Apple 5c posters some stores had up.

It is about what I would expect but looks light on corporate push to me
    10-22-13 11:17 AM
    This is how they always done it. I have never seen the print materials ie ads ad the stores.
    10-22-13 11:27 AM
    I bought mine outright at Bell and had a great experience! The two young guys were both saying that after going to Blackberry for training that they were going to be ditching their Iphone 4S for the Z30. Forst time in Bell that there was excitment on BB
    bigbadben10 and cdnrower like this.
    10-22-13 11:49 AM
    "Marketing" is a cost... with a company that wants to be sold in higher price (as much as possible), "devaluation" of assets should be avoided...

Posted via Z10
    10-22-13 12:35 PM
    "Marketing" is a cost... with a company that wants to be sold in higher price (as much as possible), "devaluation" of assets should be avoided...

Posted via Z10
    There have been reports and photos (I have posted some) of banners in stores and representatives from BB showing off the Z30 and giving away free buttons, pens, and screen cleaners. So there is some activity in certain stores in certain locations. I've also seen online advertising about the Z30. I haven't noticed any TV commercials for a month or two, though.
    cdnrower likes this.
    10-22-13 12:53 PM
    Not saying it is a big problem. I think BB has to plan around a steady gradual uptake on all the BB10 products so a lot of advertizing might not help much.

What will help is getting phones out there and people seeing other people with them. BB10 users truly love the experience so they will encourage others to give it a try.

Got an iPhone user twitchy this week. When I showed him replying to a BBM message from the hub and hey look, no app opened and no app to close after. He's a busy business guy and he really got that.
    10-22-13 01:17 PM