Just heard back from a Fido rep on Facebook - looks like they are officially saying that they will not carry the Z30.

Here's a link to the conversation:

https://www.facebook.com/fidomobile/...t=feed_comment
    2cats1dog likes this.
    10-15-13 08:23 AM
    Sucks for those on Fido looking to get it for cheap but at least Rogers got it.
    10-15-13 08:27 AM
    Sucks for those on Fido looking to get it for cheap but at least Rogers got it.
    True - it's just that my plan is sooooo good that it would never make sense for me to leave Fido. Guess I'll get an iPhone 5S, sell it, then buy it off contract at Rogers. There's always a way!
    spiculated likes this.
    10-15-13 09:17 AM
    give it a bit of time. Patience is a vertue.

It took Fido a few weeks to carry the Z10, and then a few more weeks to adjust the price plan they offered with it.

Also, when I ordered the Z10 from Fido - they shipped the handset COD with Fedex. I had to make out the cheque to Rogers, and Rogers was the return address of the parcel. So If Rogers has the Z30 available, there's a good chance it'll be available to Fido clients aswell.
    10-15-13 02:49 PM
    When I left Fido for Rogers, my plan carried over for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 03:51 PM
    I've heard some talk that Wind Mobile won't be carrying the Z30 either.
    10-15-13 05:18 PM
    For those people buying from Rogers and using it on the Fido network you may not have to unlock them.
    10-15-13 07:08 PM
    For those people buying from Rogers and using it on the Fido network you may not have to unlock them.
    That's what I was going to point out...just like with the Z10. The phones are identical, and they get locked to the first sim card inserted.
    10-15-13 07:11 PM
    Fido is carrying only one BB10 series phone - the Q5.

That is it.
    10-15-13 07:12 PM
    True - it's just that my plan is sooooo good that it would never make sense for me to leave Fido. Guess I'll get an iPhone 5S, sell it, then buy it off contract at Rogers. There's always a way!
    Funny, when I was plan shopping after hearing that Rogers wouldn't carry the Z30 (which logically extended to Fido), I figured out that Telus was somehow cheaper for me. And they're going to have the Z30, of course.
    10-15-13 08:00 PM
    I've heard some talk that Wind Mobile won't be carrying the Z30 either.
    I suppose it's a good thing the Telus version covers Wind clients in terms of network compatibility... but it really would be a shame for this device to not be available via Wind as it should be available via every Canadian carrier, not just Bell, Telus, Rogers, MTS, and SaskTel.
    10-17-13 10:05 PM
    Anyone on a Bell contract? I'm thinking of switching because of the whole handset bs....looks like what Rogers is doing is to control the Fido handsets so that they don't lose subscribers to the cheaper Fido packages.

Total garbage!!!
    10-18-13 07:52 PM