Leonard Hofstadter: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon Cooper (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Ok that should be a meme....

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    07-13-13 06:05 AM
    SOOOO TRUE and don't forget OLED's oversaturated and horrific colors.

I just posted about it in the other topic, here's my post from there:

Does not really matter, all OLED screen colors are horrible. They are ALWAYS oversaturated and ALWAYS incorrect eg Samsung phones usually having some heavy yellow-ish overcast on everything.

On a phone I MUCH-MUCH prefer the latest-gen LCD tech eg Sony's latest iteration of their LCD panel-tech called Triluminos (successor of their older SuperLCD) over any OLED I've seen so far: it's a combination of quantum dots film and blue LED backlight, resulting in ~50% wider gamut, more precise colors and excellent brightness.
    Agreed. I am outdoors a lot and I could barely read the gs3 screen. I was looking forward to the A10 though.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:36 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the Android OS. Runs smooth on all the flagships. Stop being ignorant and actually use one then realize BB can't compete at the hardware OR software level. The A10 IS DOA.
    bekkay likes this.
    07-14-13 06:10 AM
    There is nothing wrong with the Android OS. Runs smooth on all the flagships. Stop being ignorant and actually use one then realize BB can't compete at the hardware OR software level. The A10 IS DOA.
    I've used Android display tablets in a store that lagged like hell. Just sayin'.
    07-14-13 11:04 AM
    I've used Android display tablets in a store that lagged like hell. Just sayin'.
    You can do about anything you want with most display units.. and you can also make about anything you want with the Android OS. Please, our OS is locked up like no tomorrow, so you can't really do much harm to it.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer BlackBerry 10, but I also have a Nexus 4 and it doesn't lag.

My brain dead cousin's SGS3 lags like no tomorrow, but that is because he is stupid.
    07-14-13 11:22 AM
    This is just my opinion and of course everyone is entitled to their own but I find these threads funny. I see a lot of people demanding 'octo-cores' and 8 core phones with more than 2GB RAM and all of these other crazy specs without really knowing why they want them... personally I think most want it to show off or because they think it looks or sounds cool.

I think a lot of people assume that the more hardware you put in, the better the performance will be. That is not necessarily true. If you have a poorly developed, memory eating, battery sucking operating system, you can put as many cores as you want, the system will still perform poorly.

It is more beneficial to completely optimise the system before upgrading the underlying hardware as it would simply provide very little back to the user... it's just another thing for Samsung and co to brag about imo.
    Please let's not compare BlackBerry to Samsung ok. BlackBerry is a company which is barely still alive and meanwhile Samsung sells more phones than they can make. So tell me who's doing it right? Specs or optimization?
    07-16-13 08:21 PM
    BlackBerry will be dead in 3 months, true story.
    I agree! And all the high paid executives at BlackBerry and all the people on these forums defending them could say, "man I wonder what happened. Our phones were optimized so well. If only someone would have brought it to our attention that people buy based on Specs."
    07-16-13 08:30 PM
    People are over-complicating this, most consumers don't understand specs but they know that 1080 is a higher number then 720 so it is 'better' - consumers buy on wowware not what they will actually do with devices - so an argument about how BB10 works fine on dual-core is irrelevant outside nerd forums like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    I don't think that's true. Nobody that I know who isn't a phone nerd has any clue what is under their hood. And most didn't buy the highest specs when they bought their phone. These companies don't even discuss how many cores they have in their commercials. I don't think I've ever met an average consumer who cared about specs.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-16-13 09:33 PM
    Most people care about the experience. Only the tech die hards care about and actually understand specs. Most people that do care about specs don't even understand them. Funny, isn't it?
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-16-13 10:12 PM
    Are you sure? I have used these so called flagship devices by Android, and there are some problems therein. It happens. No device is perfect. A10 is DOA? Oh okay.
    07-23-13 10:27 PM
    Where's my Home Button damnit! I didn't pay this POS phone just not to be able to navigate back by pressing a button. I would love holding the button to quit an app rather than swiping it.. I'll press it long that the button breaks. Where's the fun of it?
    07-24-13 01:29 AM
    Satirical tag ruins the post

douevenCB10?
    higherdestiny likes this.
    07-24-13 01:34 AM
    Whoever started this post, you need to do a side by side comparison with a Z10 and a S4 with regards to performance.
    Yep. I would love to see a comparison of the Google Edition S4 (or a good custom ROM) and the Z10. Maybe some people here will start using the blanket statement "Android is sluggish" a bit less frequently
    07-24-13 01:41 AM
    SOOOO TRUE and don't forget OLED's oversaturated and horrific colors.
    I hope you know that this is a thing of the past. The S4 has a few presets that makes the colors true.
    Also, though the screen is not as bright as the one on the Z10 or iPhone 5 for example, it is still plenty usable in the sunlight. I believe it's about 400 nits.
    But I agree, the S3 screen was a let down.
    07-24-13 01:48 AM
64 123