If you have a poorly developed, memory eating, battery sucking operating system, you can put as many cores as you want, the system will still perform poorly.
    You mean android?

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    emtunc likes this.
    07-12-13 05:46 AM
    BlackBerry A10 = Dead on Arrival.
    All I wanted was a phone to succeed my silky smooth Z10, and what do you give me? A device with better specs, a sleeker appearance, larger battery, updated operating system and a larger screen.

I'm devastated.

/s
    Will customers pay $800 for it though when they can have an Optimus G2 for the same price? I don't think so.
    BB simply needs to price this realistically.
    07-12-13 05:48 AM
    What was better than NEC turbo grafix16

Posted via CB10
    except in this case it's going to be like trying to launch the Turbographix 16 AFTER the Super Nintendo Entertainment System is already on the market.
    07-12-13 05:51 AM
    If the phone is fast and the screen is crisp, then what the he'll does it matter what the specs are?

Posted via CB10
    emtunc and SDTRMG like this.
    07-12-13 07:34 AM
    If the phone is fast and the screen is crisp, then what the he'll does it matter what the specs are?

Posted via CB10
    It matters to gamers (better, faster graphics) and people with 4k TVs .
    People still think more power is going to fix the OS when Android has proven it not being the case.
    07-12-13 07:43 AM
    First.

Posted via Z10
    07-12-13 07:50 AM
    Nerd......you're second. trying to start that junk again
    07-12-13 07:51 AM
    People are over-complicating this, most consumers don't understand specs but they know that 1080 is a higher number then 720 so it is 'better' - consumers buy on wowware not what they will actually do with devices - so an argument about how BB10 works fine on dual-core is irrelevant outside nerd forums like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    BBThemes likes this.
    07-12-13 07:57 AM
    People are over-complicating this, most consumers don't understand specs but they know that 1080 is a higher number then 720 so it is 'better' - consumers buy on wowware not what they will actually do with devices - so an argument about how BB10 works fine on dual-core is irrelevant outside nerd forums like this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Exactly.
    What are people buying in the market? Specs you say? Oh well let's not focus on that then. BlackBerry Business 101.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:48 AM
    You nailed it. Those specs are just a fancy thing, the Z10 already does wonders and most of us don't need anything else.

But there is a lot of uneducated folks out there, which are easier to please than to educate, who can't look past specs and will make a decision based on them. So, no matter what you or everyone says, the A10 needs tomorrow's specs, not yesterday's.

That is the thing you guys do not get.
    The way things are now, this phone is just marketed towards us (the hardcore blackberry fans)

One last and unrelated thing:
    Get rid of the ridiculously huge bezels, now.
    redk likes this.
    07-12-13 08:57 AM
    I would prefer SLCD

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:33 AM
    I would prefer SLCD to the super amoled. One of the reasons I switched to the Z10 from a Galaxy S3 was the performance (or lack thereof) of the SAMOLED display while outdoors. I need a good display outdoors.

Posted via CB10
    szlevi likes this.
    07-12-13 09:36 AM
    BlackBerry will be dead in 3 months, true story.
    07-12-13 12:47 PM
    What was better than NEC turbo grafix16

Posted via CB10
    not having one ?
    07-12-13 12:50 PM
    I would prefer SLCD to the super amoled. One of the reasons I switched to the Z10 from a Galaxy S3 was the performance (or lack thereof) of the SAMOLED display while outdoors. I need a good display outdoors.

Posted via CB10
    SOOOO TRUE and don't forget OLED's oversaturated and horrific colors.

I just posted about it in the other topic, here's my post from there:

Does not really matter, all OLED screen colors are horrible. They are ALWAYS oversaturated and ALWAYS incorrect eg Samsung phones usually having some heavy yellow-ish overcast on everything.

On a phone I MUCH-MUCH prefer the latest-gen LCD tech eg Sony's latest iteration of their LCD panel-tech called Triluminos (successor of their older SuperLCD) over any OLED I've seen so far: it's a combination of quantum dots film and blue LED backlight, resulting in ~50% wider gamut, more precise colors and excellent brightness.
    07-12-13 01:10 PM
    For a bit, I thought you were being serious. :P

To be honest, the only improvements I wanted was Stereo Speakers (win, we got it), and a better camera. I take a lot of photos on both my Z10 and Q10 and get the 'you took that with a phone!?!?' but a beefed up camera would still have been good.

Also, quad core would boost performance of BB10 how!?!? Needing more cores is purely an Android game, as it needs help running its 13,000,000 lines of code, opposed to our 100,000. We legitimately have 130 times LESS code and people think we need better specs than the S4. Goes as the same principle as to why they have multiple freight trains pulling cargo and not an Aston Martin.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    Lol if you think all of BB10 has less code than Angry Birds.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    07-12-13 01:24 PM
    Needing more cores is purely an Android game, as it needs help running its 13,000,000 lines of code, opposed to our 100,000. We legitimately have 130 times LESS code and people think we need better specs than the S4.
    Less code, but is that a good thing? Personally I'd like a few extra lines so I could have custom notification profiles, and maybe a few extra so protect works like in bbos, and maybe a few extra lines so the media app has feature parity with bbos
    ..... ever considered less code means less features?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 02:07 PM
    Less code, but is that a good thing? Personally I'd like a few extra lines so I could have custom notification profiles, and maybe a few extra so protect works like in bbos, and maybe a few extra lines so the media app has feature parity with bbos
    ..... ever considered less code means less features?

Posted via CB10
    I believe those numbers are just for the QNX and Linux kernels.
    07-12-13 02:11 PM
    I believe those numbers are just for the QNX and Linux kernels.
    But here, QNX and BB10 are interchangeable.

I have a nuclear reactor to prove it.
    MasterOfBinary, Saiga and bekkay like this.
    07-12-13 02:16 PM
    The note 3 is rumoured to have 3GB ram so bb need to top the competition before any others

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-12-13 02:17 PM
    But here, QNX abs BB10 are interchangeable.

I have a nuclear reactor to prove it.
    Oh right. That nuclear reactor with peek and flow and a hub.
    Tre Lawrence and bekkay like this.
    07-12-13 02:18 PM
    Whoever started this post, you need to do a side by side comparison with a Z10 and a S4 with regards to performance. Bigger is not always better

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 02:22 PM
    Whoever started this post, you need to do a side by side comparison with a Z10 and a S4 with regards to performance. Bigger is not always better

Posted via CB10
    mountainman likes this.
    07-12-13 02:35 PM
    Leonard Hofstadter: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon Cooper (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?
    mountainman likes this.
    07-12-13 02:37 PM
    I get that this is meant to be sarcastic, but if it is released with those specs, it will be dead on arrival. It is all what the consumers' perception of the device is. And when the GSIV and HTC One were released months earlier with much better specs, what will they think about BlackBerry and the A10? These are regular consumers I am talking about here, not the CrackBerry community. Even though they probably don't need top of the line specs, if the competition is doing it, so does BlackBerry. They will just compare the phones side by side, and the A10 would lost almost every time. And just like that, the BlackBerry brand will be tarnished again. They are just starting to become relevant and if their "high end phone" isn't high end, BlackBerry will be the laughing stock.
    07-12-13 03:56 PM
64 123