BlackBerry A10 = Dead on Arrival.

That's right. It's dead. I mean how can it not be. A dual core processor with a moderate speed improvement over the Z10? 2GB ram? a 5" Super amoled display? Surely not.

I don't know about you, but for my day to day work and play, I need AT LEAST 8 cores. Anything less is DOA. And ram??? Come on - surely they could put 4 or 8GB ram in these.

Way to fail, BlackBerry. I mean seriously. Here I am, all happy with my Z10 and how it performs, how it serves me in my day to day living and then you go and leak specs of the A10 which is faster and has a much bigger battery, and you RUIN MY DAY! Because YESTERDAY I was happy with the specs of my Z10, and TODAY I need QUAD CORES and SIXTEEN GIGS OF RAM. Oh, and if the A10 doesn't have something to rival Nokia's 41MP Camera, I don't know what I'll do. My 600px * 600px instagram shots will be USELESS unless they're taken on a 41MP shooter.

All I wanted was a phone to succeed my silky smooth Z10, and what do you give me? A device with better specs, a sleeker appearance, larger battery, updated operating system and a larger screen.

I'm devastated.

/s
    LWKING, tatail, jafrul and 15 others like this.
    07-12-13 01:11 AM
    First.

Posted via Z10
    Essoo likes this.
    07-12-13 01:14 AM
    Now,now, you'll get over it. BY BUYING ONE, just like me:-)
    07-12-13 01:16 AM
    If the A10 can't run W8 in an active frame while I play WiiU games in another, I won't bother with it.

And where is the nuke control pannel? I wanna be able to fire nuclear weapons from my phablet!!

/s

/j
    riyanast1 likes this.
    07-12-13 01:17 AM
    - hahaha ... Nice one ..
    07-12-13 01:20 AM

That's right. It's dead. I mean how can it not be. A dual core processor with a moderate speed improvement over the Z10? 2GB ram? a 5" Super amoled display? Surely not.

I don't know about you, but for my day to day work and play, I need AT LEAST 8 cores. Anything less is DOA. And ram??? Come on - surely they could put 4 or 8GB ram in these.

Way to fail, BlackBerry. I mean seriously. Here I am, all happy with my Z10 and how it performs, how it serves me in my day to day living and then you go and leak specs of the A10 which is faster and has a much bigger battery, and you RUIN MY DAY! Because YESTERDAY I was happy with the specs of my Z10, and TODAY I need QUAD CORES and SIXTEEN GIGS OF RAM. Oh, and if the A10 doesn't have something to rival Nokia's 41MP Camera, I don't know what I'll do. My 600px * 600px instagram shots will be USELESS unless they're taken on a 41MP shooter.

All I wanted was a phone to succeed my silky smooth Z10, and what do you give me? A device with better specs, a sleeker appearance, larger battery, updated operating system and a larger screen.

I'm devastated.

/s
    For a bit, I thought you were being serious. :P

To be honest, the only improvements I wanted was Stereo Speakers (win, we got it), and a better camera. I take a lot of photos on both my Z10 and Q10 and get the 'you took that with a phone!?!?' but a beefed up camera would still have been good.

Also, quad core would boost performance of BB10 how!?!? Needing more cores is purely an Android game, as it needs help running its 13,000,000 lines of code, opposed to our 100,000. We legitimately have 130 times LESS code and people think we need better specs than the S4. Goes as the same principle as to why they have multiple freight trains pulling cargo and not an Aston Martin.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    tatail and SDTRMG like this.
    07-12-13 01:24 AM
    Dba* dead before arrival. More like dul* dead upon leak. I bet thorstein was the guy with a turbo graphics 16.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 01:25 AM
    Dba* dead before arrival. More like dul* dead upon leak. I bet thorstein was the guy with a turbo graphics 16.

Posted via CB10
    You know that the OP was joking, right?

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    07-12-13 02:40 AM
    I really hope they can give it 4 gb, which bb10 could actually make use of. But they probably won't.

I think it would make sense to make it a spec monster. Why make a z10 with a bigger screen? There should be real differentiation between the models

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 02:46 AM
    Ahh, I see what you did there!
    07-12-13 03:07 AM
    At first I thought "another thread about this? Mehh."

Then I read about instagram and the 41mp cam. Lol. Saw what the op did there.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    07-12-13 03:13 AM
    Great way to start the day with a big spoonful of sarcasm! Love It! ; )

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 03:23 AM
    What was better than NEC turbo grafix16

Posted via CB10
    SuperionMaximus likes this.
    07-12-13 03:34 AM
    I really hope they can give it 4 gb, which bb10 could actually make use of. But they probably won't.

I think it would make sense to make it a spec monster. Why make a z10 with a bigger screen? There should be real differentiation between the models

Posted via CB10
    Right? I'm hopping they come out with a slider (torch) kind of a phone.
    07-12-13 03:35 AM
    Its not out yet OP. this is some leaked info only.
    07-12-13 03:48 AM
    I love your sarcasm but, the irony is, if these specs are true, it IS dead on arrival, unless 10.2 has some updates that make use of the screen estate lol

Let me tell you why, the Z10 HAS stuff to shout about (marketing):

1) Time Shift
    2) Cool a$$ keyboard
    3) Peek & Flow

Samsung S4 - 8 cores

From cores to eye tracking, its got stuff to market.

A10 adverts / marketing?

Hey guys keep moving, because remember the Z10 that we sold only slightly over a million of, but had unique Point Of Sale unlike the A10? Well because it was SUCH a huge success, we've made the screen bigger, so... Keep moving

So the moral of the post is, they barely got far with the Z10, the A10 is hardly ground breaking in comparison, looks the same, smells the same, runs the same, same OS, just a tad bit bigger.
    Last edited by mr_zed10; 07-12-13 at 04:58 AM.
    07-12-13 03:48 AM
    Or how about if you farm two A10 then you really have supercomputer in your pocket. Or pockets.

BB definitely should consider mounting Thunderbolt on these babies so we can daisy chain them to run next edition of Evernote and Angry Birds in HD! Hell yeah!
    07-12-13 03:57 AM
    Right? I'm hopping they come out with a slider (torch) kind of a phone.
    +1 for Palm Pre replacement! Would buy it in a heartbeat!
    mestrada likes this.
    07-12-13 03:59 AM

I'm devastated.

/s
    Well played, sir. I tip my hat.
    07-12-13 04:15 AM
    O, well Idc anymore. I know BB has already lasted 6 months into bb10 launch (5.5 w.e) and that I normally use phones for 2-3 years but I can switch in 1.5-2 years (so 1-1.5 years from now) after BB fails if this is its path.

I highly doubt it though, because knowing them this may be a future z5, as they released the playbook with top specs and the z10/q10 with top specs as well.

Today the z/q10 are only beaten in benchmarks by the s4/htc one and even then barely and I would bet that both are smoother and more function able than either.

Let's see how bb goes, either way I'm done caring.
    07-12-13 04:15 AM
    I love this thread.
    higherdestiny likes this.
    07-12-13 04:20 AM
    Based on rumored specs? Hahahhaha

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    07-12-13 04:25 AM
    The A10 was such a disappointment compared to the Z10. The next Q10 better have at least four times as many keys!
    eldricho and higherdestiny like this.
    07-12-13 04:30 AM
    The A10 was such a disappointment compared to the Z10. The next Q10 better have at least four times as many keys!
    And TWO track pads!!!! Because the majority if smartphones owners DEMAND their track pads, dammit!!!!!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 07-12-13 at 07:44 AM.
    Masahiro likes this.
    07-12-13 04:49 AM
    This is just my opinion and of course everyone is entitled to their own but I find these threads funny. I see a lot of people demanding 'octo-cores' and 8 core phones with more than 2GB RAM and all of these other crazy specs without really knowing why they want them... personally I think most want it to show off or because they think it looks or sounds cool.

I think a lot of people assume that the more hardware you put in, the better the performance will be. That is not necessarily true. If you have a poorly developed, memory eating, battery sucking operating system, you can put as many cores as you want, the system will still perform poorly.

It is more beneficial to completely optimise the system before upgrading the underlying hardware as it would simply provide very little back to the user... it's just another thing for Samsung and co to brag about imo.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-12-13 05:38 AM
64 123