11-10-13 07:33 PM
33 12
tools
    Looking for suggestions-

I currently have a Z10 (STL100-3) and am getting a Z30 later this week.
    Any tips on transferring data from the 10 > 30? I'm currently running 10.2.1.641 on TMO.
    Should I use LINK, Dropbox, or Fire Chest Backup??? Have a few pix, 11 movies, ~500 contacts, and lots of calendar entries.
    Am willing to drop down to an earlier OS if that would help

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Go with Link. Make sure you update the software on your computer (e.g.,Windows updates) and make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry Link. Also make sure your Z10 has the latest OS update.

Then start Link, select the device switch process and follow the instructions.
    RazrRob likes this.
    11-05-13 12:07 PM
    Go with Link. Make sure you update the software on your computer (e.g.,Windows updates) and make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry Link. Also make sure your Z10 has the latest OS update.

Then start Link, select the device switch process and follow the instructions.
    Thanks for the help!

At the risk of being Captain Obvious, OS10.2.1.641 is a leak and not an official OS. Can I stay with the leak or should I drop down to the official OS from my carrier?
    11-05-13 12:24 PM
    Sorry buddy, but I missed the fact that you have installed a leak. I've seen lots of reports here that the leaks sometimes don't play nice with Link.
    11-05-13 12:32 PM
    Loved my Z10 which is a fine phone in it's own right. Having to wear glasses to read I found the bigger screen of the Z30 along with it's better visuals than the Z10 to my liking. It has taken a while to grow accustomed to the larger size and heavier specs of the Z30 but given how much web surfing and the like I do it has been miles above in experience from my Z10. Also as a traveller I like the ability to use USB on the go to bring extra movies on micro sd cards that I can plug n play on my micro port using a handy adapter I bought at a box store that fits every kind of media. I also like that this allows me to pop in my camera sd card and upload straight to box and FB to share with friends. I am sure there will be more I come to like.... oh yeah on Bluetooth in my car I now get a BMW screen showing what is synced via Bluetooth which is cool. Shows of the QNX factor I am sure there is more I will like as time goes by. It's a shame the phone hasn't had much media or hands-on display cause everyone I show it to wants to upgrade right away. I showed my phone to my dear mother who has been rocking a Torch forever and she won't accpt my Z10 now... She's getting a Z30 tomorrow despite the fact she uses about 5% of it's potential because of the larger keypad. So you can't go wrong with either phone but hard to be happy with a Z10 again once you have lived with a Z30.
    I am really upset why the reviews on various website never highlight the Plug n play of external usb drive feature. this is totally amazing.

Been using Z10 since April and bought Z30 last week which will get delivered in 3 days. I cant wait to see the beauty.

Any good suggestion for transferring all my contacts from z10 to z30?
    11-06-13 12:35 AM
    Use them all. Can't be too careful with backups.

With the updated version, FCB now does local contacts and local calendar backup/restore superbly.

If the 11 movies are in the Camera directory, FCB can back them up, although not a good idea to backup large movies to the cloud as it takes time. If they are in the "Videos" directory it won't back them up at all.

If you don't want to use link, another option is to buy an SD card and use the phone's file manager to copy the 11 movies to the SD card. Make sure the SD card is not encrypted. Then simply transfer the SD card to your new phone.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-06-13 02:04 AM
    I ditto your comments.
    Now for your choice of hockey team.
    Lol.

Posted on my Z30 from CB10 running 1791.
    Ha ha have seen a lot of ups and downs with this team but I've been a TML supporter since 1967 yes been around but those colours of Blue and White will live in my blood till the day I leave this planet. Ps. Thx for the like! lol !
    11-10-13 06:51 PM
    What really pushed me was that the trade in value of my Z10 with Telus dropped from $200 to $145, and the next drop will see the phone down to $90 sooner rather than later. So I picked up the phone for no acquisition cost. I had 27 months left of 36 month contract, so I signed a new 24 month contract, and I got to keep my plan. I did have a $370 device balance to pay off.

As for the device, it feels much better to hold. It feels sturdier, and a lot more premium. Typing is much better since the phone is a little bit wider. I've gotten used to the size, it was a bit of an adjustment, but not as bad of an adjustment as it was going from the 9800 to the Z10.

White balance doesn't bother me anymore, but Michael C. did say 10.2.1 will address the white balance. All other colours seems to look better. Reds look better on this.

Gameloft games load up faster. Web browsing is wee bit faster, maybe a second or two. No big deal.

The holster is a bit awkward to clip on your side, but I guess I'll get used to it eventually.

Overall, no regrets. Although, im a bit annoyed that some apps like the Globe and Mail news app is not available on the Z30. You may want to check your favourite apps first to see if it's available on the Z30. Now I know how Q10 users feel when they are missing apps that Z10!users have access too.

Oh yeah, battery life is nuts. So good.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 07:12 PM
    Gaming is happier in Z30 thanks to the Quad-Core GPU. Plus the bigger screen makes things easier to see.

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.2.0.1791 | Globe PH
    11-10-13 07:33 PM
33 12