08-12-13 07:51 PM
    I dont believe the source. And why does it need 3 GB? its the same OS. Does this mean all current deivces that have 2 GB now are not going to have enough for 10.2 lol
    08-12-13 08:03 PM
    Michael Li is absolutely insane. Read his other articles and decide for yourself whether you want to believe this one or not.
    nquyen and kevinnugent like this.
    08-12-13 08:08 PM
    The Z30 needs 3 GB of RAM as a upgrade from the Z10. It's almost a non-story.
    08-12-13 08:15 PM
    His other article had it at 4 gigs of ram, read his apple article

Posted via White Z10
    08-12-13 08:34 PM
    Michael Li is absolutely insane. Read his other articles and decide for yourself whether you want to believe this one or not.
    So true... the guy is really far out there, it is clear even just by skimming through his headlines:
    Aug 12
    BlackBerry Ahead of Windows Phone Market Share in the U.S.
    Posted on August 12, 2013 by Michael Li

Aug 11
    BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 Outselling Samsung Galaxy S4 in South Korea
    Posted on August 11, 2013 by Michael Li

Aug 05
    BlackBerry Z30 (Aristo) to be First Smartphone with 3GB of RAM
    Posted on August 5, 2013 by Michael Li

Jul 30
    The Story Behind iOS App Player on BlackBerry 10
    Posted on July 30, 2013 by Michael Li

Jul 28
    BlackBerry 10 Can Run iOS Apps Using iOS App Player
    Posted on July 28, 2013 by Michael Li

Jul 27
    Apple’s Sales in China Collapse as Company Shows Signs It Has Peaked
    Posted on July 27, 2013 by Michael Li

Jul 18
    BlackBerry Overtakes Samsung in the UK, Exceeds 20% in Market Share
    Posted on July 18, 2013 by Michael Li

Jul 16
    BlackBerry’s Market Share in Canada Surpasses 20%, Closing in on Android
    Posted on July 16, 2013 by Michael Li

Jul 15
    The Future of BlackBerry: The Internet of Things
    Posted on July 15, 2013 by Michael Li

Jul 12
    BlackBerry’s Market Share in the U.S. Rises 248% in One Month
    Posted on July 12, 2013 by Michael Li

Jul 10
    BlackBerry AGM Review: BlackBerry to Launch Additional Enterprise Services
    Posted on July 10, 2013 by Michael Li

Jul 08
    Why BlackBerry 10 Sales Could Get a Boost From iPhone 5S
    Posted on July 8, 2013 by Michael Li
    Of course, there's an explanation why he can see things where others cannot see anything - he's a highly accomplished and 'qualified' person, it seems:
    About Michael Li
    Michael Li is an amateur rocket scientist, app developer, blogger, YouTuber, CFA Level 2 Candidate and MBA Candidate at McMaster University. His interests include technology, tennis, snowblading and entrepreneurship. Disclaimer: his articles and comments are solely his personal opinion; they are not the opinion of his employer.
    08-12-13 09:34 PM
    Check out computer specs,...RAM is often at these specs,...64mb, 128mb, 256mb, 512mb, 1GB, 2GB 4GB, there is 6GB,...yes, but more often 8GB and 16GB!

If it's more than 2GB,..it'll prolly be 4GB!

JMD
    08-12-13 09:45 PM
    Check out computer specs,...RAM is often at these specs,...64mb, 128mb, 256mb, 512mb, 1GB, 2GB 4GB, there is 6GB,...yes, but more often 8GB and 16GB!

If it's more than 2GB,..it'll prolly be 4GB! JMD
    Samsung starts making 3GB low-power memory for smartphones

Galaxy Note 3 is rumored to have 3Gb, which is possible given Samsung is the RAM OEM. In the case of of the Z30, I doubt it will happen.
    08-12-13 09:59 PM
    Samsung starts making 3GB low-power memory for smartphones

Galaxy Note 3 is rumored to have 3Gb, which is possible given Samsung is the RAM OEM. In the case of of the Z30, I doubt it will happen.
    BlackBerry is sourcing a number of parts from Samsung already, it wouldn't be out of the question for them to source RAM from them as well. Having said that, I doubt they'd let them have the title of "first smartphone with 3GB of RAM", so if this is happening the Z30 must be launching after the Galaxy Note 3.

However, the source is dubious at best, so we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised to see it stay at 2GB, even though I would certainly like to see 3GB.
    Last edited by LazyEvul; 08-12-13 at 10:20 PM.
    Otech#CB and bekkay like this.
    08-12-13 10:04 PM
    Hardware isn't final until the official release, but current versions of the Z30 have 2GB
    08-13-13 11:36 AM
    As soon as I read the title, I knew that there would be a link to that worthless site

Seriously, the gadget masters is a joke. That author does nothing but post untrue fluff articles to get BlackBerry Fanboys that are desperate for good news excited.

I can't believe the author is willing to make a fool of himself over and over just to get clicks. Bottom line, people already have carrier branded Z30s. They all have 2gb of ram. Seems kind of a little late for them to go back to the drawing board and add an extra gig of ram.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    08-13-13 12:29 PM
    So, the real question is this. Being this dedicated, dare I say delusional about BBRY, he must post on CB. Right?
    08-13-13 06:41 PM

JMD

donno if you know this but some mother boards come with 3 RAM slots some have 4 some 2 with dual channel abilities. there are also 3 GB memory computers. my laptop is one of them, it may be old but that doesn't stop the fact that your info is not completly accurate
    08-13-13 07:15 PM
    Imagine the things Michael said were real

Posted via CB10
    bekkay likes this.
    08-13-13 07:21 PM
    ok, so heres the problem, nobody knows when the Z30 will launch, so lets say the GN3 beats it to the shops, the `first` comment is gone. also I agree with many, where is the need for 3Gb? if im limited by the OS to only have 8 apps open (plus the hub too I guess) then why do I need more?

iv said it many times before, so I`ll apologise if people see me repeating myself, but id rather see a better 2Gb chip thana normal 3Gb chip. for example most phones currently run a DDR2 variant of RAM, which as anyone in the PC world will tell you is old school. Now take for example the Lg G2, that has LDDR3, which is a mobile variant of DDR3 (the current standard for PC). now obviously there are many variables like channels and frequency (more is better in both) but I wont get too far into it, safe to say though that RAM that has faster access speeds is gonna be a better result though when as I said the OS already predetermines what you max out at in terms of apps.

I know its not gonna be exactly like the PC, but just a an example, the PC DDR2 maxed out at 800mhz and was either single our dual channel. PC DDR3 maxes out at 2400mhz and generally dual or quad channel. to be clear I wouldn't expect the boost to be the same, but possibly the ratio could be relative to that in the PC world.

edit: just to add, look at what sony did with the PS4, to get the faster memory it used GPU spec RAM over `normal` spec RAM. a mobile company needs to take that leap too, cos the GDDR5 they are gonna use in the PS4 can run at 6000mhz!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-14-13 04:11 AM

JMD
    in the PC realm, you don't have to pair modules anymore so doubling each time doesn't have to happen. but that depends on the board, RAM chips and the CPU
    08-14-13 04:12 AM
    Its okay that you do not believe the source. I kinda don't either.
    But I take exception to your second reason for discounting this (obvious) rumor.
    Bumping up specs does not automatically mean all devices will lower specs will be rendered useless. Come on.you of all people know this.
    08-14-13 07:08 AM
    I dont believe the source. And why does it need 3 GB? its the same OS. Does this mean all current deivces that have 2 GB now are not going to have enough for 10.2 lol
    Thor: "we've been working on this for quite some time, & we've decided that the Q & Z 10's will not be getting the 10.2 upgrade as there isn't enough ram to make it run smoothly,,, it's one of the hardest decisions i've ever had to make..."
    eldricho, bekkay, BBThemes and 1 others like this.
    08-14-13 07:16 AM
    Hahaha another s**t article from the gadgetmasters. Michael Li and his "reports". He must just pull them out of his a$$ when he's taking his morning dump.. smh

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:22 AM
    Its okay that you do not believe the source. I kinda don't either.
    But I take exception to your second reason for discounting this (obvious) rumor.
    Bumping up specs does not automatically mean all devices will lower specs will be rendered useless. Come on.you of all people know this.
    Yes indeed. We all know bbry rarely if ever upgrades older devices to their newer OS. So why wouldn't everyone think the current 2gb phones will be the next playbook?
    Last edited by kbz1960; 08-14-13 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Why
    08-14-13 07:35 AM
    Either this guy is absolutely right, or absolutely wrong. hahah It seems that he throws a lot of specs out there for the Z30.

"Meanwhile, sources inside BlackBerry indicate that the company’s first phablet is on schedule to launch in time for the Holiday Season. The BlackBerry Aristo sports a 4.65″ Super AMOLED touchscreen, with quad-core 1.9 GHz Qualcomm Krait processors and 4GB of RAM. While the smartphone had a resolution of 1280×720 when work began, it is now expected to launch with a 1080×1920 resolution. The phablet’s specifications have received a nice upgrade since work started on the device, with a doubling of RAM, faster CPUs and enlarged 3,000mAh battery."

Honestly though, if the Z30 came out with 3gb of RAM which I think would be good, I would instantly JUMP(TM) to that phone. I mean, if you love blackberry the way it is now. Then you'll definitely love it even more with the Z30. It's just a great addition to the BB collection. I'm crossing my fingers, and I wouldn't be shocked if they actually did release it with some beefed up specs. Obviously it doesn't need it, but the faster the phone, the better. The bigger battery, should help make up for the increased use of energy.
    08-14-13 12:58 PM
    His credibility is as good as yours and mine. The difference is he's posting on a site and we're posting in forums.
    08-14-13 07:50 PM
    I agree with others. If it gets 3GB of RAM, it makes me think how long my Z10 is going to survive with just 2. I doubt the Z30 gets 3GB of RAM though. It's OS really isn't changing that much

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 10:11 PM
    donno if you know this but some mother boards come with 3 RAM slots some have 4 some 2 with dual channel abilities. there are also 3 GB memory computers. my laptop is one of them, it may be old but that doesn't stop the fact that your info is not completly accurate
    You are correct of course but he did say "often" not always. And often is also correct.
    08-21-13 11:30 PM
    Thor: "we've been working on this for quite some time, & we've decided that the Q & Z 10's will not be getting the 10.2 upgrade as there isn't enough ram to make it run smoothly,,, it's one of the hardest decisions i've ever had to make..."
    Man I love ya but don't go there and be right lol
    Before we know it it will be,

"Unfortunately we can't provide the 10.2 update to to the Z10 due to the fact that it doesn't run on diesel fuel. Heins site is 20-20 and we should have seen this coming."
    08-21-13 11:32 PM