*I have had the worst experience of my life dealing with blackberry technical support.

There rude incompetent and arrogant.

My problem started when I got a message saying I had used the maximum number of pins on my blackberry world account.

After my carrier put me through at 2.10pm I was still trying to sort it out at 7.45pm 5 hrs latter endless going round in circles been cut of passed from one person to another.

I finally get put on hold while I was transferred to a manager and the technical support officer forgot to mute the call.

What I heard next was a disgrace calling me a UK **bleep** laughing at how long I had been trying to sort it out next I heard this guy is a dumb **bleep** more laughing.

After 8 hrs of non stop ringing blackberry I decided I would just set up a new blackberry id and lose all my paid apps on my old account as I was disgusted at blackberry incompetent support.

I was so looking forward to my blackberry z30 experience but after been called a **bleep** and dumb **bleep** I am extremely angry with blackberry.

I have been a long time blackberry supporter but after this I will never buy a blackberry product again.

It's an utter disgrace that I have lost my old account had to set up a new account and listen to the abuse of so called
    Blackberry staff.

Totally disgusted at been treated ‎this way by blackberry have been a long time blackberry supporter but will never ever buy or support blackberry ever again.

Treating customers this way is why blackberry's reputation is the way it is.

I have emailed blackberry to complain but guess what not a single reply.
    milo53 likes this.
    03-07-14 03:54 AM
    That's terrible. I would make a complaint in writing to their customer support chief.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-07-14 04:01 AM
    I would have gotten the employee's name and ID# and then reported him to BlackBerry. If I got an unsatisfactory response I would have posted the guys name all over the Internet. My bet is that he was a one of a kind jackass. It is a shame when people who actually need help have to deal with employees like that. Unfortunately businesses sometimes hires people like this unknowingly.

I say all this assuming your story is true and it actually happened.

The Z30 will speak for itself, nuff said on that.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    03-07-14 04:03 AM
    That's seriously awful. This really needs to be escalated to someone higher up on the corporate ladder at BlackBerry.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    03-07-14 04:04 AM
    I would take this up with John Chen......
    I bet if he reads this, he would be fuming.

Honestly please take this up with BlackBerry senior management. I bet some swift action will be taken if you ID the person responsible.

Please don't let this affect your opinion of Blackberry, I know would be hard for it not to, but I personally think that this person is a rouge staff member and will be quickly weeded out once it's found out who it is.
    03-07-14 04:12 AM
    I had the same issue with my PIN exceeding the maximum reset counts and the Blackberry tech who help resolve the issue was very friendly.

I called on a Saturday when the tech support department was closed. I was upset about not being able to access my app world account. The support tech said he would follow through with my case on Monday when he came in.

He did follow through and actually moved my case to someone who could help me. I received an email around noon on Monday telling me they reset my PIN count and the tech support person actually emailed me to make sure I could now access my app world account.

I do agree that you shouldn't have to go through so many channels to resolve issues like this and the Blackberry website provides virtually no contact information and is very confusing for the average user and needs to be fixed.

I was very satisfied with the support staff folks at Blackberry and how they resolved my case. I do agree that some work is needed to bring the customer service up to the standards of their competitors.

Sent from using CB Forum App
    03-07-14 05:00 AM
    It is true and I have the ticket number in my email I will email john chen
    With the ticket id and see if he gets back in touch.

I'm really seriously pissed of with blackberry it's disgusting.

Does any one have a complaints email or phone number I can call from uk
    03-07-14 05:21 AM
    *I have had the worst experience of my life dealing with blackberry technical support.

There rude incompetent and arrogant.

My problem started when I got a message saying I had used the maximum number of pins on my blackberry world account.

After my carrier put me through at 2.10pm I was still trying to sort it out at 7.45pm 5 hrs latter endless going round in circles been cut of passed from one person to another.

I finally get put on hold while I was transferred to a manager and the technical support officer forgot to mute the call.

What I heard next was a disgrace calling me a UK **bleep** laughing at how long I had been trying to sort it out next I heard this guy is a dumb **bleep** more laughing.

After 8 hrs of non stop ringing blackberry I decided I would just set up a new blackberry id and lose all my paid apps on my old account as I was disgusted at blackberry incompetent support.

I was so looking forward to my blackberry z30 experience but after been called a **bleep** and dumb **bleep** I am extremely angry with blackberry.

I have been a long time blackberry supporter but after this I will never buy a blackberry product again.

It's an utter disgrace that I have lost my old account had to set up a new account and listen to the abuse of so called
    Blackberry staff.

Totally disgusted at been treated ‎this way by blackberry have been a long time blackberry supporter but will never ever buy or support blackberry ever again.

Treating customers this way is why blackberry's reputation is the way it is.

I have emailed blackberry to complain but guess what not a single reply.
    Sorry you had to hear that Z10. But every support group has a few of those. They're called "noobs". If you love your device, don't switch because of that goof.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 07:26 AM
    Sorry you had to hear that Z10. But every support group has a few of those. They're called "noobs". If you love your device, don't switch because of that goof.

Posted via CB10
    I hope BlackBerry does respond to ur complaint. Unacceptable.

Zed 10 with 1925 leak
    itsachickthing likes this.
    03-07-14 07:30 AM
    It is true and I have the ticket number in my email I will email john chen
    With the ticket id and see if he gets back in touch.

I'm really seriously pissed of with blackberry it's disgusting.

Does any one have a complaints email or phone number I can call from uk
    Gonna go out on a limb here... [email protected]?

You could also try calling the Slough HQ in the UK and see if they can transfer you from there to some form of complaints department, even it it's overseas (meaning you don't pay international calling rate)

BlackBerry, 200 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire United Kingdom SL1 3XE tel: +44 (0)1753 667000

Not sure if this just applied to the PlayBook, but I think their support department for end users might be outsourced to another company. Don't take that as gospel because I just don't know...

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 08:14 AM
    Did you bring it up with the guy that you heard everything he said? Remember a lot of people talk **** just to make the day go by faster. Although I agree that you were treated poorly, I do agree that these tech people have to deal with a lot of stupid things each day. It clouds your perspective. Sometimes you just have to take life less seriously. I think this is one of those times.

Posted via my Z30
    xhead75 likes this.
    03-07-14 09:10 AM
    I had the same issue...and after a lot of "well how many bb have you owned " questions.....they did the reset!

Posted via Amazing Z30
    03-07-14 11:30 AM
    I worked for them in tech for 2 years, some people are just stupid as ****. Overall there is a loyalty department that deals with issues like this, would be good to write about experience and if you have your ticket number still they can trace the rep and manager.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2102
    03-07-14 12:07 PM
    As a lifetime technical support rep, and a former member of the mothership, I am sorry your experience was as poor as it was. However, blaming an entire company for one sour support experience may be a bit hasty. There are plenty of reps that care out there. Believe me. Some of us even take it personally when we fail to help you to your satisfaction. That being said, as a techie, I'm more curious as to why your problem happened to begin with. Were you given any insights whatsoever regarding why that message occurred?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 10:01 PM
    And yes, I can confirm that getting a PIN reset is a challenging task, for reasons I was never able to glean. Of course it was based on security concerns, which of course, is priority number one for the organization.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 10:05 PM
    I had similar experience when I purchased my Playbook a while back. I finally gave up. I then realized, this is the culture, from top to bottom. Now I understand why BB is dying a slow death, arrogance!

Chen, climb off your huge Jet and change the culture, if you care of course.
    03-08-14 12:45 AM
    Can't believe BlackBerry is wasting money on pos employees like that.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 09:29 AM
    Having worked as a phone jockey for a major bank some time back, I can assure you that this guy is not a "one off" a hole. The only difference in this guy and the rest of phone associates is that this dude apparently doesn't know how to use the mute button. This kind of language and thought process is common place in telephone support.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-08-14 10:55 AM
    Having worked as a phone jockey for a major bank some time back, I can assure you that this guy is not a "one off" a hole. The only difference in this guy and the rest of phone associates is that this dude apparently doesn't know how to use the mute button. This kind of language and thought process is common place in telephone support.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Your right. I remember when I was working on a tech support role. the "Eye Dee Ten Tee" problem code (ID10T) and then there was the PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).
    03-08-14 11:07 AM
    Can't believe BlackBerry is wasting money on pos employees like that.

Posted via CB10
    If people aren't reported they will continue to work.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 11:13 AM
    But you don't need to make a new account. Let people on crackberry help you try to retrieve your BlackBerry ID.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 11:16 AM
    Got a phone call from blackberry with an apology and was given some
    Free blackberry accessories for my z30.

Was actually nice that blackberry bothered to ring me personally
    From the customer loyalty department.

She had even got my old account working just
    Shows what a good blackberry staff member can do.
    Dave Bourque, BernFlo and xhead75 like this.
    03-08-14 11:21 AM
    Got a phone call from blackberry with an apology and was given some
    Free blackberry accessories for my z30.

Was actually nice that blackberry bothered to ring me personally
    From the customer loyalty department.

She had even got my old account working just
    Shows what a good blackberry staff member can do.
    This could of happened with any company but it's great to hear you got everything resolved.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-08-14 11:28 AM
    How does it happen that one needed a PIN reset?

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:33 AM
    I'm surprised! Have contacted Blackberry support twice. Both times the techs were extremely pleasant and solved my problem. I actually sent an email to Blackberry to thank them for great customer service. Also, gave them the name of the support tech and told how helpful, patient and polite he was.
    03-08-14 11:34 AM
29 12