So I called Rogers last night (being all giddy like a kid since the release yesterday) and asked a couple questions that I thought I would share with everyone.
    First off, I reserved my device in Sarnia and currently am #2 in line with the status "OPEN". Contrast that to Toronto, and I feel as though I may never receive my device any time soon. So I asked and the Rogers lady basically told me I was S.O.L. in terms of an estimated date, and that Rogers is "not supposed to be priority reserving devices". By this she means that just because Toronto is the largest Canadian metropolis, this does not mean that the little guys (Sarnia) would be side stepped to provide Toronto with more devices. Hopefully this is true.
    Second, I ended up speaking to a manager for loyalties and apparently they don't waive the early upgrade fee anymore. If anyone has any knowledge of how I can make this happen, any help would be appreciated.
    Finally, just as a little happy ending, I CAN'T WAIT to get this beautiful device in my hands!
    10-31-13 07:31 AM
    How long do you have left on your contract? If it's a short period maybe like a month or so, you can try to get pushed up to customer retention.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    10-31-13 08:37 AM
    Ah no, I have 11 months left in my contract. And I mean it's not an extremely high price that I'll be paying, but it still would be nice to have the fee waived like when I got this phone (currently on a 9900).
    10-31-13 08:55 AM
    11 months, good luck! I had 6 when I got my Z. the best they could do was cut it in half.
    10-31-13 08:59 AM
    I had 11 months left on my 9900. Called and asked for retention and told them I was moving my account to Bell. That is when they start offering you discounts.

I did end up moving my account to Bell. My wife's 9900 was with Bell and we both upgraded early (her to Z10 and me to Z30). Bell offered me a $300 porting credit which was far more than the $220 early upgrade on Rogers.

Bell and Telus have the Z30 in stores. Give up on Rogers and move to a company that supported Blackberry
    10-31-13 09:01 AM
    I had 11 months left on my 9900. Called and asked for retention and told them I was moving my account to Bell. That is when they start offering you discounts.
    I'll give them another call tonight, and if they offer me a terrible deal, then moving to Bell seems pretty tempting. I hope Bell can at least match my Rogers plan if I do switch.
    10-31-13 09:11 AM
    Not true, we got our early upgrade fees waived when I got my z10

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    How did you manage to do it??

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 09:39 AM
    How did you manage to do it??

Posted via CB10
    I just beat them up on the phone, got my $300 early upgrade fee waived. (used the Bell porting credit threat). My Z30 is on it's way, will only cost me $179.

Figure I can get at least that for me 3 month old Z10.
    10-31-13 03:23 PM
    I just got mine and they threw in a free new sim they said just in case my old one does not work.

Should be delivered to my office in a week

Black is best Z10!
    10-31-13 03:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Me too

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    10-31-13 04:37 PM
    I just beat them up on the phone, got my $300 early upgrade fee waived. (used the Bell porting credit threat). My Z30 is on it's way, will only cost me $179.

Figure I can get at least that for me 3 month old Z10.
    So you had your z10 for 3 months and waived off 300 early upgrade fee? If that's the case, I'm going to do the same thing.
    10-31-13 04:41 PM
    So you had your z10 for 3 months and waived off 300 early upgrade fee? If that's the case, I'm going to do the same thing.

Yep.
    10-31-13 05:17 PM
    Yep.
    Great job . Will do the same
    10-31-13 05:22 PM
    Go on kijiji. Buy brand new unlocked sealed box sta100-5 - same model as rogers $585 CAD all in.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:43 PM
    P. S. The only way Rogers (or Bell or Telus or...)will listen is when you make your buying decision and walk away from their oligopoly (sic??). Vote with your wallet. There are so many ways to 'beat the system'. None of them are perfect but all of them eventually get you to where you want/need to go and in the end, if you are careful, you get exactly wha you wanted. And a better deal. Failing a secondary market purchase, customer retention is most assuredly your best bet. Bypass front line 'Customer (dis) Service'. Just say you want to cancel. Choose your words carefully. Make your case. Do your homework so you can refute any nonsense the csr throws back you, and you'll get a deal. And a discount.

Posted via CB10
    theblob and andy957 like this.
    10-31-13 05:49 PM
    Yep.
    Did you talk to a csr or a manager?
    10-31-13 09:42 PM
    I tried and all they were willing to offer me was a lousy $50 credit towards my new phone. Pathetic! I have been their customer for over 10 years. I think it's about time I actually switch carriers.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 11:30 PM
    I tried and all they were willing to offer me was a lousy $50 credit towards my new phone. Pathetic! I have been their customer for over 10 years. I think it's about time I actually switch carriers.

Posted via CB10
    Tried to get hold of the managers. They are usually able to give more credits.
    11-01-13 12:15 AM
    i dont think they have any early upgrade fees anymore. in the current system you have to pay off the balance remaining on your device. so for example if your device cost $550 off contract, and you get it for $200 on a two year contract, then you have $350 remaining to pay off over the 24 months.

anyhow, I got my Z10 3 months after owning my iphone 5. called up to rogers and they told me to pay off the remainder of the iphone's balance, which was around $600 after tax and $150 on top of that for the Z10. I negotiated and got it reduced by $250, which I took.

try rewording it like say, can you give me a discount on the remainder of the balance?
    11-01-13 12:43 AM
    i dont think they have any early upgrade fees anymore. in the current system you have to pay off the balance remaining on your device. so for example if your device cost $550 off contract, and you get it for $200 on a two year contract, then you have $350 remaining to pay off over the 24 months.

anyhow, I got my Z10 3 months after owning my iphone 5. called up to rogers and they told me to pay off the remainder of the iphone's balance, which was around $600 after tax and $150 on top of that for the Z10. I negotiated and got it reduced by $250, which I took.

try rewording it like say, can you give me a discount on the remainder of the balance?
    Oh I wish it would've been like that for me. Rogers basically told me that they give me "too many" discounts already and would not be able to reduce my remaining phone balance by anything. I tried everything. Spoke to loyalties, escallated it to a CSR, and finally spoke to the managers office. Everyone kept saying "they can't modify my account any further".
    I think I finally may make the switch to Bell considering I can walk in to the store, grab a Z30, have them replicate my contract with more data, get a $300 porting credit, and trade in my Z10 for another $200.
    11-01-13 06:30 AM
    Tried to get hold of the managers. They are usually able to give more credits.
    I talked directly to the customer retention person. But that was all he was willing to do for me. Absolutely disgusted with Rogers right now.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:57 AM
    ya, I got bounced around a few times, but I had to threaten to leave and they got me through to a csr.

I told them about the Bell porting credit of $300 so they basically matched it.

I spend a good chunk of money every month with them though. My argument was/is, I spend 300-500/month and I get the same level of upgrade timing and options as someone who spends 50/month.

Now the wait, not sure how long it will take to get to my door.

Now the wait. Not sure how long it will take to get the device to my door.

They eventually saw it my way, or they just did to get me off the phone. :-)
    11-01-13 02:01 PM
    Just received my Z30 from Rogers....time to play
    11-01-13 02:44 PM
    i got the call too will pick it up on my way home today so excited!!!
    Just received my Z30 from Rogers....time to play
    11-01-13 02:47 PM
31 12