What a shame, I'm so sick of these type of stories.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 05:36 PM
    So you think I should cancel my Rogers order and just get the unlocked one from GSM Arena? It's the same price and it's unlocked so that's enticing. Will that one work flawlessly on Rogers? I don't want features missing or whatever. Cuz I think ordering from GSM would be faster than waiting for Rogers to get their stuff together.

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    Bell, telus and Rogers all use the STA100-5
    They are all the same

I'm using an unlocked telus one on Rogers and it works great

Posted from my Z30.
    11-10-13 05:38 PM
    The website say it's an STA100-2. That work?

11-10-13 05:44 PM
    The website say it's an STA100-2. That work?

If you search, they also carry the STA100-5 model. Be advised that I don't think those devices carry much of a warranty. Last I heard, it was something like 15 days.
    11-10-13 05:53 PM
    Oh. Forget it then. I don't wanna be stuck with a $600 brick in a month. Thanks for the warning.

11-10-13 05:58 PM
    Try contacting canadagsm.ca, sales@canadagsm.ca. They have it for the same price, and their website states that all phones have a one-year manufacturer warranty. Confirm with them that BlackBerry will honour it.
    11-10-13 06:04 PM
    Oh. Forget it then. I don't wanna be stuck with a $600 brick in a month. Thanks for the warning.

Or buy from telus like I did and a few others, keep the receipt and if you have a problem take it back. It's also 599

Posted from my Z30.
    11-10-13 06:09 PM
    Are the models on canadagsm -2's or -5's?
    I can't see on the site. Do the 2 variants have different frequency bands?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 08:15 PM
    Are the models on canadagsm -2's or -5's?
    I can't see on the site. Do the 2 variants have different frequency bands?

Posted via CB10
    Based on the specs I would say the canadagsm model is the -5's. 1700 band is present.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 01:40 AM
    Based on the specs I would say the canadagsm model is the -5's. 1700 band is present.

Posted via CB10

Thanks.
    Has anyone here bought from them for use on Rogers? No issues with full LTE and 4G speeds?
    11-11-13 11:53 AM
    Ordered my Z30 online from rogers last week. It said that my position is 2 on the waiting list.
    One week later is still says 2.
    For those of you who ordered from Rogers online, how long did you have to wait before receiving it at your local store?
    11-11-13 01:54 PM
    Ordered my Z30 online from rogers last week. It said that my position is 2 on the waiting list.
    One week later is still says 2.
    For those of you who ordered from Rogers online, how long did you have to wait before receiving it at your local store?
    There's a whole thread started by me dedicated to this: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rs-z30-869644/
    11-11-13 02:52 PM
    So my good friend was very impressed with my Z30 and decided that he was going to upgrade to one too. He is also a Rogers customer so he was all excited about getting his phone from a Rogers store today. Well turns out that after a week of Z30 activities nothing has changed at Rogers. Still "online only" greeting mixed with "just a bigger Z10" and "it's not even selling ". WTF Rogers? I'm so sick of you!!!!

Posted via CB10
    It was only ever supposed to be online, it was never said to be for sale in stores. Not sure why you assume it would be. Also, I finally got around to ordering one today through customer care and they never said anything about it at all, in fact they were glad to sell it to me even gave me a free early upgrade and 'new' customer pricing on it. Not sure why your knickers are in such a knot over something that was essentially already known. Online sales only so they can control inventory and not have a ton of them no one will buy.
    11-11-13 03:05 PM
    It was only ever supposed to be online, it was never said to be for sale in stores. Not sure why you assume it would be. Also, I finally got around to ordering one today through customer care and they never said anything about it at all, in fact they were glad to sell it to me even gave me a free early upgrade and 'new' customer pricing on it. Not sure why your knickers are in such a knot over something that was essentially already known. Online sales only so they can control inventory and not have a ton of them no one will buy.
    Online has a price listed for month to month plan and why can't they even so that. You can defend Rogers policy all you want but I'm speaking facts based on my own experience which is even documented on their own Facebook page so there you go. Online sales only do FLEXTabs for new customers and upgrades on said FLEXTabs not on month to month which is clearly listed on their own site by them not me. Even if they are not stocking units in stores (which no one can confirm nor deny at this moment) they should at least take in store orders.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:23 PM
    kinda weird as I went into the store telling them I want to upgrade and they said they will be getting some in soon and I can just wait for them to come in vs ordering it... I guess ill have to give them a call.
    11-11-13 03:25 PM
    Online has a price listed for month to month plan and why can't they even so that. You can defend Rogers policy all you want but I'm speaking facts based on my own experience which is even documented on their own Facebook page so there you go. Online sales only do FLEXTabs for new customers and upgrades on said FLEXTabs not on month to month which is clearly listed on their own site by them not me. Even if they are not stocking units in stores (which no one can confirm nor deny at this moment) they should at least take in store orders.

Posted via CB10
    Ya, I live my days to defend Rogers. *groan*. I was just saying my experience far differs from yours and your complaint about it being online only is rather moot since that's all they ever stated would be done. To have it in store would be above and beyond what they noted. But roar on lion, far be it from me to stop you.

PS: If you really want one on the month to month price, why even bother with Rogers? Bell or TELUS will sell you for the same price in store. Though, Bell might want you to sign up for one month of service. TELUS will sell you one outright provided it's an actual corp. store and not a third-party retailer. The devices are all the same variation anyway.
    11-11-13 03:26 PM
    Ya, I live my days to defend Rogers. I was just saying my experience far differs from yours and your complaint about it being online only is rather moot since that's all they ever stated would be done. To have it in store would be above and beyond what they noted. But roar on lion, far be it from me to stop you.
    Yes lion will always roar facts Rogers fan boy. You seem to know everything about Rogers even more than their own trained employees so power to you man.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:30 PM
    So my good friend was very impressed with my Z30 and decided that he was going to upgrade to one too. He is also a Rogers customer so he was all excited about getting his phone from a Rogers store today. Well turns out that after a week of Z30 activities nothing has changed at Rogers. Still "online only" greeting mixed with "just a bigger Z10" and "it's not even selling ". WTF Rogers? I'm so sick of you!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Got mine at a store, it's supposed to be online only or call customer service, your friend can try rogers in connestoga mall kitchener, they had 8 a few days ago

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:31 PM
    Ya, I live my days to defend Rogers. *groan*. I was just saying my experience far differs from yours and your complaint about it being online only is rather moot since that's all they ever stated would be done. To have it in store would be above and beyond what they noted. But roar on lion, far be it from me to stop you.
    Biggest difference here is that I buy all my phones outright and refuse to submit to their foolish plans. They made it impossible for me to obtain one that was locked to their network but I suspect have one today. They can't stop me from owning the BlackBerry device of my choice. All they have been doing of late is promoting iPhones with their hypocrisy. When Verizon was coming to Canada to take away their lunch they ran under the patriotic blanket to fool unsuspecting Canadians into thinking they cared about jobs here. All Rogers care about is filling their own pockets and you can take that to the bank

Posted via CB10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    11-11-13 03:36 PM
    Got mine at a store, it's supposed to be online only or call customer service, your friend can try rogers in connestoga mall kitchener, they had 8 a few days ago

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I will let him know tonight and he's in Brampton which is not a very far drive away.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 03:46 PM
    You should be able to go to retail store and they order for you and email you when ready for pickup.

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-11-13 04:35 PM
    All EVERY BUSINESS EVER care about is filling their own pockets and you can take that to the bank

Posted via CB10
    Fixed it for you.

Businesses exist to make money. Full stop.

Everything they do for the customer is simply so you will spend YOUR money on THEIR product, thus ensuring their continued profit.

The end.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    11-11-13 04:51 PM
    You should be able to go to retail store and they order for you and email you when ready for pickup.

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    That's what I thought as well. I tried that Avenue after I wasn't able to make progress online so the Bell route worked for me. I was appalled when my friend encountered negativity and wasn't even able to get one through a store. Anyway he order online on their FLEX plan so if that doesn't come through soon he will contact the Kitchener store as suggested above.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 04:58 PM
    Oh man sorry to say BB=zero future after my experience with Rogers this evening. On line with customer relations trying to buy a Z30 straight out. Dude I was speaking to had no idea whatsoever. So sad for BlackBerry. Even sadder for Rogers employees being hung out to dry.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:04 PM
    Yes lion will always roar facts Rogers fan boy. You seem to know everything about Rogers even more than their own trained employees so power to you man.

Posted via CB10
    I'd recommend dumping Rogers. I was with them for years and the final straw was when I was in downtown Toronto during TIFF at Roy Thomson Hall. I couldn't get a signal inside the building and my friend with the same phone (Z10) had five bars. That did it for me.

Personally, I switched to Virgin Mobile (ie Bell) and couldn't be happier. Just the other day I upgraded my Gold Plan for $65 to 2GB for free. So I now have unlimited minutes (including Canada Wide Calling), texts and 2GB of data. How much would that plan cost on Rogers?

Screw 'em. All mobile companies are money grubbers imo, best to go with the best network coverage and cheapest plan.

And that ain't Rogers.
    11-11-13 06:19 PM
101 12345