Oh man sorry to say BB=zero future after my experience with Rogers this evening. On line with customer relations trying to buy a Z30 straight out. Dude I was speaking to had no idea whatsoever. So sad for BlackBerry. Even sadder for Rogers employees being hung out to dry.

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the club of misery. Been there done that, as some would say. I wasted almost half a day trying that route even though it's there listed for all to see. If you're buying outright then just go with Telus as theirs seem to be easily unlocked. Or better yet Canada GSM and save unlocking fees if warranty is guaranteed. I'm waiting for my cable contract to be up in March and then it's bye-bye Rogers on all fronts.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 06:52 PM
    What does month to month mean? I'm already on contract with them. Is it just that they'll charge me slowly for the cost of the phone or am I gonna be screwed into early cancellation charges and stuff?

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-11-13 09:27 PM
    What does month to month mean? I'm already on contract with them. Is it just that they'll charge me slowly for the cost of the phone or am I gonna be screwed into early cancellation charges and stuff?

Month to month simply means no long term contract. All you have to do is give cancelation notice one month in advance and off you go. I like that freedom and leverage because if I see a better price being offered I would call and ask to match that or else...
    Over time you can actually save some and the added freedom is always a bonus.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 05:41 AM
    So I can't just get the phone if I'm an existing customer?

11-12-13 08:00 AM
    So I can't just get the phone if I'm an existing customer?

Are you currently on Rogers FLEXTab or do you own your phone outright? If you are on a FLEXTab they may offer you an upgrade but if you are interested in owning outright then I would suggest you pick one up fromTelus for ease of unlocking over Bell.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 08:54 AM
    I dumped Rogers years ago...poor CS, poor reception , and just poor company all together...went to Telus and have never had a problem since...went in bought my Z30 across the desk no questions asked. You want to keep fighting with them that's your fault when we have other options.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    11-12-13 09:41 AM
    Everyone has different experiences with each carrier, which is pretty terrible IMO. For me, I was with Bell initially but switched to Rogers and never really had too many complaints over the last 8 years. And when I do complain (happened last week), they respond and address my situation.
    And my friend, he's warned everyone I know not to switch to Telus because of how brutal their CS is and they've screwed him over multiple times.
    So basically what I'm trying to say is find the carrier that works for you. Because with all the inconsistency the big 3 have, you're best bet is going with what works for YOU as your own customer.
    11-12-13 09:49 AM
    Hi all,

Sarah from the Rogers social media team here.

You can buy the BlackBerry Z30 on the Rogers Reservation System and have it shipped to the store of your choosing where you can then buy it outright, if you so choose.

If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to us on Twitter via @RogersHelps.
    Last edited by RogersSarah; 11-12-13 at 10:42 AM. Reason: (edited to add link to the Rogers Reservation System)
    11-12-13 10:34 AM
    Hi all,

Sarah from the Rogers social media team here.

You can buy the BlackBerry Z30 on the Rogers Reservation System and have it shipped to the store of your choosing where you can then buy it outright, if you so choose.

If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to us on Twitter via @RogersHelps.
    Thank you for simplifying this. Now I will spread the word to anyone interested.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 11:00 AM
    I canceled. I got an order through a BlackBerry employee. $400 unlocked. Screw Robbers. I'm dumping them when my contract is up. I wanted to go Bell but I just heard that they implemented some new BS that lets them sell your personal info to other companies. They're like Google of the phone service providers. Can anyone maybe deny this with proof?

11-12-13 03:11 PM
    Another good friend of mine just shared this experience with me. ..
    Rogers at Albion mall....

"One girl at the store said so many Z10 coming in for repair so get a Galaxy or iphone because they are more reliable, image that. I just schooled her, colleagues and customers in the store ***. Telling her I have every blackberry I ever owned from the beginning and every single on still works well enough to use regularly. I'm brand loyal and supporting Canadian business first."

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:08 AM
    Continued...

The crazy thing is not all Rogers stores carry it, 3 stores and 1 call centre rep don't know about one of the baddest phones in the market. And the stupid Rogers website are recommending to go into the store to get the rass phone. Idiots in website managing, marketing and all the decision makers in upper management. So quick to sink the company that put rogers wireless division on the map practically

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:11 AM
    Friend of mine just got z30 from Rogers. He likes the phone a lot.
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    11-14-13 08:45 AM
    Friend of mine just got z30 from Rogers. He likes the phone a lot.
    Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Amazing phone to say the least. I might have to pick up a second how I like it so much lol

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 08:57 AM
    It seems difficult to just walk into a store, but this phone outright, and walk out.
    3 Telus stores I called refused to sell the phone outright without it being associated with a Telus account.
    11-15-13 02:35 PM
    It seems difficult to just walk into a store, but this phone outright, and walk out.
    3 Telus stores I called refused to sell the phone outright without it being associated with a Telus account.
    If you're within reach of the Telus at STC they told me that they would sell outright starting this weekend. One month after launch is no issues with them. Cash and carry!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 02:50 PM
    STC? I'm in Toronto
    11-15-13 03:08 PM
    Mayor Ford can get Crack easier than you guys can get a Berry.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 04:36 PM
    STC? I'm in Toronto
    Scarborough Town Centre
    11-15-13 04:41 PM
    Thanks.
    I pulled some strings and already have a dealer getting me one now.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-15-13 06:05 PM
    Rogers Sucks hairy goat hotdogs

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 12:00 AM
    My friend received two Z30s from Rogers yesterday and there was an issue with one of the sim cards so we had to go to the nearest Rogers store which was located in Albion mall in Etobicoke. When there he decided it was good if he could pick up cases for the new babies. We looked at their display and nothing was there for Z30 so I asked the sales rep and someone mentioned that all would be on online orders only. I responded that Rogers is losing a lot of sales to Telus because they stocked accessories as well as phones in all their stores that I visited and the rep that was standing by the counter made it clear to me that they didn't care. She said that's just a BlackBerry and there's always iPhones. To the Rogers rep that posted here. I pointed out the store location and this was around 7:30 PM on Friday the 15th. This nonsense has to stop.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 07:32 AM
    Rogers Sucks hairy goat hotdogs

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree. They've given me nothing but problems and seem to refuse to actually be of any help. I'm dumping them as soon as my contract is up or the next time they screw me. Whichever comes first.

11-16-13 08:30 AM
    Rogers is simply managing the we will not stock the z30 but will get it for you online brilliantly. No cost to stock any items. The phone is brilliant. Rogers dies not care about this product at all. No wonder the stores don't talk about it it's not in their interest as rogers is just dealing with the crackberry fall out. I mean Cmon when did you last see any of the carriers advertise the z30 flagship phone on television? My local rogers store has nothing promoting the z30 at all. What is curios is that blackberry is not openly gunning for Rogers saying hey, wtf rogers? Sell our phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 09:23 AM
    I have to agree. They've given me nothing but problems and seem to refuse to actually be of any help. I'm dumping them as soon as my contract is up or the next time they screw me. Whichever comes first.

I had pre-ordered a Z30 with Rogers and ended up cancelling and went with Bell. I got a corporate deal through Bell which gave me the 6GB of data I had for years with Rogers. I also get more minutes and long distance calling all at a cheaper price. Coverage has been fine, although Bell's LTE is a bit slower, but honestly in day to day usage I don't notice it. It's fine.

I don't miss Rogers at all.
    11-16-13 09:30 AM
101 ... 2345