Anyone have to do a return for a defective product with DR?! What a crock of s***!!! Is BlackBerry selling refurbished Z30s for the Black Friday special or what?! I mean I got my White Z30 on Monday and right out the box the LCD wouldn't come on. I played around with it for a few minutes doing hard resets and reboots and finally got the screen to come on. Well this morning I went to power on my brand new Z30 after a full night of charging and guess what....No LCD. I know the OS is running in the background cause I was receiving texts, emails, and the notification led was blinking. I tried for 4 hrs trying to get the display to come on with no success.
    So I finally decided to call DR, knowing ahead of time that this was gonna be a nightmare. I requested a replacement but the CSR(barely spoke English) said they only do refunds. If I wanted a replacement I'd have to wait for the refund and then reorder. I said I cannot reorder because the price is now $499 and not $225 like I originally paid. She said there was no way she could honor the original price of $225. BlackBerry....WTF!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 11:40 AM
    Did you ask about getting it repaired? Not that it makes the situation any better bit perhaps there's another avenue you can try. There has to be some kind of warranty you didn't buy it from a pawn shop, although I know that's what it felt like.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 11:53 AM
    Call again and speak to the manager.

Posted via CB10 - Z30 - 10.3.1.1154
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    12-04-14 11:59 AM
    I never bought anything directly from Digital River after reading many horror stories from members of this forum. I would rather pay a little bit more ordering from Amazon knowing that it would be lot less headache to deal with customer service if something goes wrong. If you account your potential frustration in monetary terms, sometimes the discount is simply not worth it.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-04-14 12:05 PM
    Did you ask about getting it repaired? Not that it makes the situation any better bit perhaps there's another avenue you can try. There has to be some kind of warranty you didn't buy it from a pawn shop, although I know that's what it felt like.

Posted via CB10
    The CSR I spoke with said that DR does not have the authorization to issue replacement devices...just refunds. She mentioned nothing about a repair process. I will call them back shortly to get some clarification. My thing is.....when Blackberry is trying to gain revenue, why in the hell would they want their customers to have to deal with horrible Customer Service like DR? I kinda wish I would've paid a little bit more and ordered from Amazon myself. At least then I could speak with someone who speaks English...properly. Oh....and another thing, it seems like they are using VOIP phone service cause when you ask a question there is some delay in their response. Maybe it takes a while to translate?
    12-04-14 12:44 PM
    I never bought anything directly from Digital River after reading many horror stories from members of this forum. I would rather pay a little bit more ordering from Amazon knowing that it would be lot less headache to deal with customer service if something goes wrong. If you account your potential frustration in monetary terms, sometimes the discount is simply not worth it.
    Hind sight is 20/20. You'd think that buying from BlackBerry's own website things would be relatively smooth and problem free but as some of us have come to discover, that isn't the case. Some have been fortunate but it's mostly the people that encounter problems that are the ones to voice their opinions. I myself would never have imagined BlackBerry would have partnered with a company with such poor service! Lesson learned!! I'm really hoping the OP's phone is a one-off and not a common occurrence or worse yet a refurbished phone! If these are refurbished phones, the people that purchased have a legitimate gripe! If my Z30 gives me any issues out of the ordinary (whenever it gets here) it's going back for a refund, end of story. Hopefully the OP is able to sort his issue out one way or another

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 12:56 PM
    Go here: https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/shopbb_en/

Fill out the form, and you should get a response back from someone in support who can either have your device repaired under warranty, or even replaced.
    leamago and bungaboy like this.
    12-04-14 12:59 PM
    I had a similar problem with my Passport.

You have to speak to the CSR to confirm that will will honour the discounted price. Have them email you that so you have it in writing.

The process is a pain in the ***. You will need to reorder one at whatever the current price is. Then after you receive the new device, call into DR CS and have them create a ticket to refund the amount to match the originally discounted price.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Bobert_123 like this.
    12-04-14 01:05 PM
    Wth. The horror. I ordered from shop blackberry because I figured warranty wouldn't be a problem since it's not a 3rd party. The phone does have a 1 year warranty what's the use if they can only give you a refund? So does that mean I can get a refund next November and get a brand new Z30 on black Friday? Lol

Posted via My Gorgeous white Z30
    spike12 likes this.
    12-04-14 03:25 PM
    I had a similar problem with my Passport.

You have to speak to the CSR to confirm that will will honour the discounted price. Have them email you that so you have it in writing.

The process is a pain in the ***. You will need to reorder one at whatever the current price is. Then after you receive the new device, call into DR CS and have them create a ticket to refund the amount to match the originally discounted price.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Just got off the phone with Tech Support for 2 hours. We tried to reload the original software again with no success. I tried explaining to him several times that the display does not work but he wouldn't listen. After that...he explained that their exchange process consisted of me giving them another $225 as collateral if in fact I actually damaged the phone. If it wasn't my fault then they would refund my $225. The chances of them screwing up and me being out of $450 are about 99% so I chose to go the refund route and never order from them again.
    leamago likes this.
    12-04-14 04:08 PM
    Go here: https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...orm/shopbb_en/

Fill out the form, and you should get a response back from someone in support who can either have your device repaired under warranty, or even replaced.
    Thank you for the info. Have you had to use this method in the past?! I filled out the form completely so hopefully someone will contact me.
    12-04-14 04:14 PM
    This is bad. And not because I'm still waiting for my z30 from DR. But I've been a huge cheer leader for BB. I'm invested in BBRY stock and support all there products and services as needed. But these issues I've been reading is not acceptable from a premium product company. If BES or QNX customers receive similar type of complaints, this is not good at all. I hope all these handset issues are limited to Thor products and not the Passport/Z3/Classic handsets.
    12-04-14 05:25 PM
    I ordered a z30 as well and my headset jack wasn't working and they pulled the refund only thing on me also. Fortunately after rebooting the IS it seemed to fix the issue. It is bush league for sure. BlackBerry needs to do better if they are going to make a comeback.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 05:36 PM
    This is bad. And not because I'm still waiting for my z30 from DR. But I've been a huge cheer leader for BB. I'm invested in BBRY stock and support all there products and services as needed. But these issues I've been reading is not acceptable from a premium product company. If BES or QNX customers receive similar type of complaints, this is not good at all. I hope all these handset issues are limited to Thor products and not the Passport/Z3/Classic handsets.
    I totally agree. I have been a HUGE BlackBerry fanboy for years....ever since I got my first Curve 8330. I currently own a Q5 and a broken down Z30. I thought I was one of the lucky ones because I previously had no problems with DR except for poor communication skills. My Q5 order went smoothly and is still working perfectly. I ordered my White Z30 on 11/27 because Black was currently "out of stock." I received a shipping confirmation email on 11/28 and phone was delivered on 12/1....about a 4-5 day process. I continuously read horrible stories on CB about DR not sending shipping confirmation emails, horrible Customer Service, etc. and I thought it was all related to Canada orders. Boy was I wrong. If by Gods Grace, I do get my refund or phone exchanged....I vow to never do business with DR again. I don't care if they are selling Z30's for $1. I would rather pay more and buy from a reputable company that stands behind their products and owns up to their mistakes. I have never heard the excuse before that "because we shipped you a defective product, we are going to charge you again to send you a replacement and verify you didn't break your original unit." In my opinion the least they could do is have me send it in for possible evaluation or repair and send me refurbished one or something. Guess I'm too used to the way Verizon treats their customers....
    leamago likes this.
    12-04-14 06:00 PM
    I am definitely never going to purchase anything more from DR, ever. Your right, Amazon thrives on customer service, they deserve the business. I'm already planning on getting the Passport (from Amazon) because there is a good chance I will have issues that I personally am not willing to deal with. Life is too short to beat a dead horse and beg for decent customer service. Although Chen has bigger things to deal with, small things like this are huge to us consumers that only have 2 choices to buy their product. Well, now we only have one really, in the US.
    12-04-14 10:06 PM
    Right now I am dealing with BlackBerry Customer Support and they are trying to give me the same crap that Digital River gave me. I can send my Z30 back for a refund but if I choose to exchange or replace I have to spend more money. I'm about to wash my hands on BlackBerry altogether. Right now I have a 4 day old, Pure White Z30 paperweight. I've already spent about $250 including shipping and tax. Why do I need to spend more because I received a faulty device?! I don't understand their logic....

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 09:59 AM
    Crailet01,
    Tell me did your Z30 go defective after you loaded .1154 and what ever on to it? Just to get the story straight in my head.
    12-05-14 10:17 AM
    No...it was defective out of the box. I guess I tricked the display into working again by many reboots and hard resets and then loaded .1154 on it. When I noticed the problem with the phone was after I fully charged it. I usually fully charge the phone before I set it up. Just an OCD thing I guess. After a full charge I tried to turn it on and nothing...no LCD...just a red notification light.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 12:17 PM
    Your post of Dec 2 sounded like you were having no problems.

"Yes I am enjoying my first white Z30. Already got .1154 loaded on it too. I had the Verizon version in black.... just wish the back cover had more grip to it though cause the white sure is nice."
    12-05-14 01:01 PM
    I have made several posts already about DR. Be really careful OP. In short, I ordered a Passport and case. The case was crap and I received an RMA and returned it. I even had proof of delivery through USPS. That was over 3 weeks ago. I decided a couple of weeks later that the Passport was too big for me. I was sent the RMA and returned it FEDEX, insured. Almost 2 weeks later still no response and my order still shows both as pending returns. I called the customer service people who were useless and of course barely spoke English. All they could do was tell me what I already knew from what I had access to. I then sent an email to the shopblackberry online site as requested. They responded telling me to date they could not confirm receipt (duh) but gave me a case number. I then found a number for Digital River (actually given to me by a lady at the post office) with a name. He told me that the USPS package only shows proof of delivery, and not that they actually received it. (duh again). Then I asked him about the Passport which shows delivered and signed for by S Shah at your warehouse. His response was that they receive over 300 returns a day and if anything is not right with the RMA or a number is off, it could just sit there and he was not sure if there was anything he could do. Let me sum this up. I returned both items. Both items were received. One, the Passport has a signature that actually confirms receipt, and yet I still have no confirmation for a refund. They are absolutely horrible and I have never dealt with this level of incompetence in all my life. I will say that I received the items quickly but that's about it. Good luck returning yours for a credit.
    12-05-14 01:05 PM
    If the LCD didn't come one, how did you install .1154 leak?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11127397

Edit: also, if you're on verizon, why did you order this phone? It would not work with Verizon services.
    Edit 2: It's an OLED not LCD.
    12-05-14 01:41 PM
    Unfortunately, your experience with Digital River proves that mine six months ago wasn't a fluke. I received a DOA Z30 and was forced to "buy" a second while sending the original back for a refund. At first, DR wanted to transfer me to BlackBerry support to send the brand new phone back to BlackBerry for repair. Ultimately, I repurchased the phone and sent the DOA one back; however, it took them nearly a month to credit me for the original order, and that was only after numerous calls made by me to their "accounting" department asking when I could expect my refund.

The long of the short of it was that the DR customer service wasn't rude or short with me, everyone was actually nice, they were simply completely inept.

I swore never to purchase anything from Shop BlackBerry again and was excited to see that the Passport was available on Amazon, however, I couldn't pass up the $225 Z30 deal for my wife's Christmas gift...my hope is that the phone is without any issues so I'll never need to put another call into DR customer service because I'd rather deal with a used car salesman than with those guys again!

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    gfonger, leglace1 and RJurman like this.
    12-05-14 02:07 PM
    If the LCD didn't come one, how did you install .1154 leak?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11127397

Edit: also, if you're on verizon, why did you order this phone? It would not work with Verizon services.
    Edit 2: It's an OLED not LCD.
    No I was on Verizon but dropped them when I found out about Straight Talk. Since my Verizon Z30 was GSM unlocked it enabled me to use the ST SIM card but would not accept my APN settings so I had no MMS. I sold my Verizon Z30 and with that money I bought the white GSM Unlocked one from DR.

The initial problem I had with the phone on 12/1 was after fully charging it....the display would not come on. I finally was able to trick it to come on but I never charged it again with the power off until the night of 12/3. I decided to try it to see if was a fluke or glitch in the software. Woke up Thursday morning and tried to boot the phone and its been off ever since. I know the OS is running in the background but the display just isn't working. Hope this sums it up a little better...

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 05:31 PM
    ITS AN EVIL World. Why dont you give them the collateral. This happens in business. Stop ******** and follow the process. give them the collateral! IMHO thats what I would do. If anyone else had the guts they would tell you the same thing!
    12-05-14 05:38 PM
    No I was on Verizon but dropped them when I found out about Straight Talk. Since my Verizon Z30 was GSM unlocked it enabled me to use the ST SIM card but would not accept my APN settings so I had no MMS. I sold my Verizon Z30 and with that money I bought the white GSM Unlocked one from DR.

The initial problem I had with the phone on 12/1 was after fully charging it....the display would not come on. I finally was able to trick it to come on but I never charged it again with the power off until the night of 12/3. I decided to try it to see if was a fluke or glitch in the software. Woke up Thursday morning and tried to boot the phone and its been off ever since. I know the OS is running in the background but the display just isn't working. Hope this sums it up a little better...

Posted via CB10
    But you're not running an official software. Not Blackberry's fault when you are running a leak.
    12-05-14 05:49 PM
61 123