04-12-14 03:04 PM
27 12
tools
    Physical keyboards do offer opportunities for shortcuts that full touch devices do not. It's a trade off: screen real estate for hard keys and the efficiency they bring. I wouldn't go as far as to say BB10 was built for physical keyboards, but I agree that they can be advantageous, and switching from them is a change. I had issues at first, but it's all about adjusting and being patient while you move along the learning curve. I type faster on my Z30 now than I did on my 9900, although I may have lost a little accuracy, but when I first switched to the Z10, there was a definite fall off in typing speed while I got used to it.
    Yes, the BB10 UI has some inconsistencies. It also has some great features, and it's incredibly recent and developing very quickly. To each their own; pick what works for you.
    But, BlackBerry's management strategy does not directly effect end user experience when it comes to their immediate interaction with the device, and the OS has not changed from the Q10 to the Z30.
    Some of your concerns are relevant and your gripes with UI inconsistencies are well placed, specifically in regards to the browser. That being said, I don't think that BBM stickers detract from the experience, although they might not be important to you or I, it's an additional feature. And, for the most part, options aren't a bad thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 01:24 PM
    I'm truly curious. How is it done?

Nvm, I read it. But that's only in the browser. Not every scrolled list that isn't searchable.
    If you're on a web page, you can swipe two fingers up from the bottom bezel to produce the keyboard.

Tapping T or B will take you either to the top or to the bottom the page.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    04-12-14 03:04 PM
27 12