04-13-14 09:16 PM
43 12
tools
    just wanted to say thanks to you all who convinced me to get a Z30, including my wife who frequents here too.
    already came close to putting a 9mm through it today at the range shortly after I got it. I miss a back button, a lot. I'm sure swiping will come to me. I miss haptic feedback, I can't hear the clicks over gunfire, but could feel the haptic thing on my S2 (yes S2, my phone before that was a first generation BB Storm). I also miss landscape mode on all screens. The only reason I use portrait is because the bloody thing makes me.
    Lastly, I don't like the hub. At least not yet. It may grow on me, but I much prefer icons on a homescreen that display flags for when things arrive or change. I am not a fan of unifying stuff.
    04-04-14 07:52 AM
    Interesting opinions, I'm with you on the portrait thing. I used to feel the same about the hub at the beginning, but now I much prefer it to the whole flagged icon idea.
    04-04-14 07:56 AM
    Give it at least 2 weeks. If you still hate it, then ditch it and get what works best for you.

I personally think the Z30 is the best smartphone I have ever owned, but obviously each person has different tastes and preferences.

Good luck!
    04-04-14 07:57 AM
    I can agree with some of your gripes but take some tome to get use to it. You can have it vibrate the kb. Edit, only on corrections I see now.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-04-14 08:17 AM
    all valid reasons listed, but give it a week! next non BB you pickup, you'll be like "where's the hub?"
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-04-14 08:26 AM
    You can set the keyboard to vibrate after every click I believe
    04-04-14 08:54 AM
    Correction. Vibrate only on correction. Getting used to something new always takes a while. You need to adjust your expectations that things will be different and that doesn't necessarily mean they are worse just because they don't work they way you are used too.
    CyberMan2013 and kbz1960 like this.
    04-04-14 08:57 AM
    The icons do change based on something coming in. You will see a red asterick in the corner of the icon when you have a new notification in the app tray screen.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    04-04-14 08:58 AM
    Also if you don't like the unification aspect of the hub you can set it to only for email and the hub icon is effectively your email inbox then
    BB_Junky likes this.
    04-04-14 09:01 AM
    just wanted to say thanks to you all who convinced me to get a Z30, including my wife who frequents here too.
    already came close to putting a 9mm through it today at the range shortly after I got it. I miss a back button, a lot. I'm sure swiping will come to me. I miss haptic feedback, I can't hear the clicks over gunfire, but could feel the haptic thing on my S2 (yes S2, my phone before that was a first generation BB Storm). I also miss landscape mode on all screens. The only reason I use portrait is because the bloody thing makes me.
    Lastly, I don't like the hub. At least not yet. It may grow on me, but I much prefer icons on a homescreen that display flags for when things arrive or change. I am not a fan of unifying stuff.
    Slavex - Welcome back!

You can set your notifications to vibrate, multiple times if needed. You can also set the keyboard to make sounds as you type, as well as vibration on auto correct.

Regarding the hub, many have an initial issue with it. It?s very different. After a few days, those who don't return BlackBerry end up loving the hub!

You do have icons for all of the apps that integrate into the hub- whatsapp, Facebook, LinkedIn, twitter, Foursquare, phone, BBM, etc. Also, there's a separate icon for text messages.

Email accounts, however, don't come with separate icons & get aggregated notifications. I think it would be a good option to have separate email account icons.

I've downloaded an app to allow for icons to be added by email account. This helped my wife transition up to Z10 from her OS7 device. It's called "shortcut creator" and here's a link to it.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/19908873

Report back in a few weeks, please.

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-04-14 09:12 AM
    Welcome back,...once you become fluent in "BlackBerry Flow",...you'll wonder why everyone else is "doing it the hard way"!

"Flow on,...flow on!"

JMD

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 09:19 AM
    I think I am slow. It took me about a month to get the hang of the hub and the swiping. Now, its second nature to me and I don't even think about it.
    04-04-14 09:39 AM
    The hub is so well thought out and easy to use! The other way reminds of a chicken pecking at the ground for insects.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    ibpluto and Carl Estes like this.
    04-04-14 10:06 AM
    I hated and despised the Hub when I first got my Z10. But after one month, I can't live without it. It will grow on you. Congrats on moving up to a Z30.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-04-14 11:01 AM
    Welcome back! And excellent choice of device! Keep us posted please on how you feel about Z30 and BB10 with the time goes by.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    04-04-14 12:15 PM
    Give it time my friend. If you need any help just let us know. Take the time to learn everything you can. You really have to learn the phone. The Hub is the best... you'll learn to love it.
    04-04-14 12:20 PM
    The big reason for me liking the bb10 OS is because of the hub. Makes it convenient for me to access all the information in one place.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 12:32 PM
    The Hub has allot. I mean allot of different ways to organize the information. Most days I have it pinched to just show new emails. On my busiest days (300+ emails) it's limited to show high priority new emails. I have to agree though on one point, I would really love a little icon in the notification area next to the (NFC antenna) 'N icon.
    04-04-14 01:32 PM
    Ya at first it was weird and a pain to adapt to, but after owning the Z10 and now the Z30.... I tried using another device, sure they have some notification systems but all are poor compared to the Hub. You don't realize how much you use it until you don't have it. As for the swiping/Gestures, soon you'll be swiping every other devices used like i do in my iPad lol.... given it time bud, youll appreciate that you did!

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    04-04-14 05:19 PM
    The hub was so strange I honestly wasnt sure I would like it as ive always preferred to have separate icons and places for my texts and emails and other messaging things. It is amazing how awesome it is now a days. Its super customizable and so easy to access from any app. I love how you can filter the hub if you need a certain email or text and dont want anything else to clutter up the screen.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-04-14 05:56 PM
    I also came from a Storm 2, but quickly became used to the flowing UI of BlackBerry 10. The hub did take some getting used to, but now it's second nature.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 07:05 PM
    I'm ashamed to admit that it took me, a 36 year old woman who grew up in an age full of computers and video games and cell phones 9 full days to get my brain to accept the UI and the hub. And I'm even more embarrassed that it took my 74 year old mother less than 24 hours to get it.

But now, I want to throw every other device I use through the wall because I can't swipe up to minimize an app, or go into the hub from anywhere.

And opening an actual app like Facebook or Twitter to read and reply to messages, forget about it. How bloody cumbersome.

BlackBerry 10 has ruined me.

Posted via CB10
    gebco, Korepab, blusls and 1 others like this.
    04-04-14 08:29 PM
    I'm ashamed to admit that it took me, a 36 year old woman who grew up in an age full of computers and video games and cell phones 9 full days to get my brain to accept the UI and the hub. And I'm even more embarrassed that it took my 74 year old mother less than 24 hours to get it.

But now, I want to throw every other device I use through the wall because I can't swipe up to minimize an app, or go into the hub from anywhere.

And opening an actual app like Facebook or Twitter to read and reply to messages, forget about it. How bloody cumbersome.

BlackBerry 10 has ruined me.

Posted via CB10
    I helped a friend set up her Sony / Android tablet today. Very messy UI IMHO. Nice tablet though, and of course lots of apps.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 09:33 PM
    The Hub will grow on you if you let it!!

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 08:51 AM
    Trust me on this: your wife knows the best :-). Stay with z30 for another 10 days, it'll grow on you. (it need to learn who you are, what you like to say - type, which website you moat frequently visit, etc. It is a new butler, like jeeves:-). The scary thing is, it become part of you if you let it be.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 09:01 AM
43 12