Alright, so I just returned my Nexus 5 and want to return to BlackBerry 10.. I'm deciding between the Z30 and Q10, and was wondering if some Z30 owners could chime in on a few questions:

01 - How is the display brightness when turned all the way up? I know it's AMOLED, and usually they're more dim than LCD..

02 - Is there any lag? I remember on the Z10 when you would open the keyboard in BBM or even when responding to a message in an app, the keyboard animation when loading up would kind of stutter

03 - When opening a BBM convo, does it lag when loading the conversation bubbles from the right? Had this issue on my Z10, not sure if it was the Snapdragon S4 or the software.. hoping the Snapdragon 600 addressed this

04 - How snappy is the OS with an extra row of icons now that it has to handle on the home screen?

05 - If you had a Z10, do you notice an increase in speed and performance?

06 - How would you rate the quality of the display?

07 - Does the back battery door ever "creak" when pressed down on?

08 - How would you rate the camera out of 10?

09 - Does the phone still lag/stutter slightly when minimizing a YouTube video, for example, and returning to your home screen of all running active frames? Noticed this on the Z10.

Thanks, and much appreciated in advance to all those who reply.
    11-16-13 04:29 PM
    Well, I haven't got the Z30 (just a Z10) but let me be the first to say...

WELCOME HOME!
    11-16-13 04:44 PM
    I have had the Z30 for about a month now and I can't complain about anything! The battery rocks all day which is important to me as I use my phone alot! It weighs a little more then a Z10! Which was my previous phone by the way! the display is great, it is a little faster then the Z10 , same great time shift camera. Get one you will love it.!
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    11-16-13 05:07 PM
    Get the Z30, it rocks!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:39 PM
    Alright, so I just returned my Nexus 5 and want to return to BlackBerry 10.. I'm deciding between the Z30 and Q10, and was wondering if some Z30 owners could chime in on a few questions:

01 - How is the display brightness when turned all the way up? I know it's AMOLED, and usually they're more dim than LCD..

02 - Is there any lag? I remember on the Z10 when you would open the keyboard in BBM or even when responding to a message in an app, the keyboard animation when loading up would kind of stutter

03 - When opening a BBM convo, does it lag when loading the conversation bubbles from the right? Had this issue on my Z10, not sure if it was the Snapdragon S4 or the software.. hoping the Snapdragon 600 addressed this

04 - How snappy is the OS with an extra row of icons now that it has to handle on the home screen?

05 - If you had a Z10, do you notice an increase in speed and performance?

06 - How would you rate the quality of the display?

07 - Does the back battery door ever "creak" when pressed down on?

08 - How would you rate the camera out of 10?

09 - Does the phone still lag/stutter slightly when minimizing a YouTube video, for example, and returning to your home screen of all running active frames? Noticed this on the Z10.

Thanks, and much appreciated in advance to all those who reply.
    1. Yes the screen is dimmer than the Z10 but still more than bright enough, I never understood why people turn up their brightness so high for normal use haha

2. In reference to the Z10, the Z30 is much snappier. Since the Z10 was basically lagless in the first place, I'm surprised that the snapdragon processor makes it even smoother. I can't really comment about the keyboard things though since I've only had my Z30 for a day now.

3. Again, haven't had the phone long enough to see any lag, but so far no lag.

4. The extra row of icons has no effect on the os, I'd be worried if it did. The icons are static and part of the app screen so they shouldn't draw more processing power at all.

5. Yes I do believe it or not. It's just a much smoother experience, and seeing as how the Z10 was extremely smooth to begin with, I think you'll be surprised.

6. The display seems more natural and easy on the eyes than the Z10's LCD. It's like any other amoled screen though. I do have to admit, the Z10's screen is sharper but you can't tell unless you look very close which is ridiculous to those people complaining about the screen.

7. NO. I noticed this first, the back cover is legit the most sturdy phone cover I've ever used.

8. The same as the Z10's. It's not amazing but it's not bad!

9. Much much less than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:52 PM
    01 - I turn brightness all the way down.

02 - Yes. The faster you are, the more you notice that the OS is behind you.

03 - Have not noticed this. I tend to end chats after they are complete.

04 - Lags slightly behind the Q10 when swiping between screens.

06 - 7.5 out of 10.

07 - No.

08 - 5 out of 10.

09 - Yes.
    Schoshaii and fescue1 like this.
    11-16-13 10:06 PM
    I have a Q10, but would seriously consider a Z30 if I could afford it.

With all I can do in BlackBerry 10, the extra screen real estate would make up for the touch typing experience (which I kinda got used to after a two week stint with a z10). On my old phones, all I did was text, so all I needed was a screen and keyboard, however with an amazing browser, I find I use the internet a lot on my phone.

It would be nice to not always have to pinch and swipe around to be able to read the whole page (when not in reader mode).

There are pros and cons to each device, and while I love my q10, I'd consider a Z30 at this point if I could.

Good luck in your choice. I think they're both great.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:35 PM