My wife and I are current iPhone 4S, but previously we were very happy owners of Bold 9650s. Our contract through Verizon is up in a week and we are very interested in returning to the Blackberry fold. I just have a couple of questions before we make the switch back. My wife really misses her physical keyboard and she would love the one on the Q10. She has a few concerns about giving up her iPhone. First, would it be easy for her to get her music from iTunes onto her new phone? Second, there are some apps that she uses (one for Target and one for Vons grocery store) that are only available for iOS and Android. I know that the new BB 10 update makes using Android apps easier. Would she be able to use the Android versions of the apps mentioned on her BB? I'm rather fond of physical keyboards as well, but the Z30 looks nice too. If we go ahead and make this switch we'd probably be signing up for two year contracts again. Any thoughts on whether we should pull the trigger for Q10s or a Q10 and Z30 or not?
    02-09-14 07:02 PM
    Moving iTunes music to the BlackBerry is a snap.

I live the z30. After being a physical keyboard guy for years I was worried of making the switch but I am glad I did. The absolute best virtual keyboard on his market and now with Android compatibility nothing can touch it. My z30 has next my hands since I picked it up almost 2 weeks ago.

?

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    02-09-14 07:26 PM
    Sorry that question mark shouldn't be there. Accident lol.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    02-09-14 07:26 PM
    - BlackBerry Link allows you to transfer your itunes library to your BlackBerry 10 device so that shouldn't be a problem. I recommend buying a 64gb micro sd card for maximum storage of music and movies.

- There are a few ways to put android apps on to BlackBerry Devices now thanks to the recent 10.2.1 update. I would recommend using the snap method (Instructions here: How to use Snap on BlackBerry 10.2.1 to install Android APK files | CrackBerry.com)

- I installed successfully the vons and target app both of which are working fine on my Z10 and should also work fine on a Z30 or Q10.

- I always used a physical keyboard BlackBerry but got into BlackBerry 10 with the all touch Z10, I have since moved on to the larger Z30. For my purposes the advantages of a larger screen outweigh not having a physical keyboard. Will you type more accurately on a physical keyboard? Most likely, but the BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard is the best I have ever used.

- There are rumors of a upgraded Q series device coming later in the year so it might be worth waiting for it, though there are no guarantees when such a device will be coming out.
    DesRee likes this.
    02-09-14 07:33 PM
    My wife came over to BlackBerry 3 weeks ago from a iPhone. She has a 10 how ever with the new update she found all the shopping apps she had before on amazon and snap apps. I have a 30 and absolutely love it. Came from a BlackBerry Torch to a 10 first. Got use to not having a key board in a couple of weeks. I do find it easier to type on the 30 than I did my 10. Good luck with your phone purchase. And don't be afraid to ask questions on here sure has been helpful for me.

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.1925
    02-09-14 07:37 PM
    My wife came over to BlackBerry 3 weeks ago from a iPhone. She has a 10 how ever with the new update she found all the shopping apps she had before on amazon and snap apps. I have a 30 and absolutely love it. Came from a BlackBerry Torch to a 10 first. Got use to not having a key board in a couple of weeks. I do find it easier to type on the 30 than I did my 10. Good luck with your phone purchase. And don't be afraid to ask questions on here sure has been helpful for me.

So when you say 10, do you mean Q10? Or a Z10?

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    02-09-14 07:44 PM
    I would look into the Edge program with Verizon if you are worried about getting a phone only to have the latest and greatest come out only a few months later. I was real tempted, but I tend to hold on to my devices anyway, so I went the 2yr contract route. Also until the 13th or something this month the activation fees are waived. I'm pretty sure you can upgrade within 30 days of your contract end. Maybe even 60....worth checking out. I just ordered the z30 online today. Should be getting it tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:49 PM
    If your wife is somewhat happy with the iPhone keyboard now, she may really like the Z10 or Z30 instead of the Q10. I came from a Torch and will never go back to a physical keyboard again. Many of my Apple friends and coworkers pick up my Z10 and think the keyboard is not just better, but state it's probably the best ever. (physical or touch)
    Mabey you should purchase your phone first and have her try it out for a good week.
    Another word of advice.....don't make any judgment on BB10 until you've used it for a good week. I remember complaining when I purchased my Z10. One week later, it was all for not. You need to figure out everything first. Truly, it's the best phone and operating system on the market right now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 02-09-14 at 09:37 PM.
    02-09-14 08:05 PM
    So when you say 10, do you mean Q10? Or a Z10?

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Z10. Sorry I forgot they made a Q10

02-09-14 08:11 PM
    I have both the Q10 and Z30 and both are great choices, but if you don't need a physical keyboard, go with the 30. Unreal battery life, awesome screen, and the predictive typing is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:31 PM
    Agree with xBurk. Buy the Z30 first and let the wife try it out for 2 weeks. Good luck with it.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:57 PM