I believe his job was to make decisions to save money and trim money loss

Posted via CB10 on my  Z30
    11-01-19 03:41 PM
    Hey guys checking in. From work might I add lol. Love this machine. Still getting it done and then some and now you can download What's App directly from the What's App website and works flawlessly, that's a blessing!

We are the last of our kind the last of our breed. And I will continue on until the end, me and my BlackBerry Z30

Why the drama? Last of your breed? It’s a phone.
    11-01-19 03:44 PM
    Oh, you don't appreciate the drama life. It's more dramatic that way!

11-01-19 04:24 PM
    I believe his job was to make decisions to save money and trim money loss

That’s what I said. Your statement is as if BB was a celebrity athlete that needed a haircut and good manicure. In reality BB was older generation star that had terminal illness but needed to project some level of survivability to keep remaining endorsements.
    11-01-19 05:15 PM
    Completely agree. Still using a Z30 despite the navigation issue, despite the inability to login to twitter app, despite the horrendously annoying force-full-screen feature that now happens at the start of a video (and hard to close full-screen once started; bb controls are outdated) and despite all the workarounds one must invoke to harbor a few working apps from the google store...

The Z30 was my first ever smart-phone, so every other phone I've tried is compared to the Z30 & nothing comes close to matching it.

Keyboard is fantastic
    Battery life is good enough
    Camera is good enough
    Blend is so handy to reply to text's while at work from a desktop --- only other phone company I knew that had such an interface was Nokia in mid 2000's
    Message and text panes are clean and don't force stupid avatar's onto contacts in conversations (noticed this with the key1)
    Blackberry hub !!!
    Intuitive finger-flicking and superb window/task management !!!

The operating system isn't catered to the mentality of a 9-year-old girl like I'm finding most modern phones to do...
    11-20-19 08:19 PM
    I bought my Z30 at the beginning of 2015, switching from a Z10 that replaced a Torch 9810 a year earlier. The Z10 was too small for me, and the battery life was abysmal. I have had BlackBerry phones since 2009, and the Z30 has been the best one of them all. I've played around with both ios and android phones to see if it was worth switching so I could get the apps I needed, but nothing beats the seamless interface that is BB10, so I never considered switching again. I started having battery issues last year, (I was having to charge it every 8 to 10 hours), to the point that I took it in to find out if the battery was still available. They were actually able to find an OEM battery, but before I made the decision to replace it, I performed a security wipe which gave me back my nearly two days of battery life. I've dropped it a few too many times which has made the ear speakers severely scratchy sounding, so I had to use the external speakers for phone calls. Unfortunately the external speakers are now doing the same thing, so I have to either put up with it, or use wired ear buds. Bluetooth ear buds aren't in the financial picture right now since I'm disabled and unable to drive let alone work, but I will make due. I'm going to use this phone until it gives up for good, but unless I can find another good Z30, there probably won't be a phone in my future. Nothing compares to the features, the sound quality and volume, (original sound quality and volume), and ease of use. Other than the shortened battery life that was fixed without spending any money, and I could never get Google Play to work properly, (followed Cobalt's instructions to the T, but I couldn't figure out how to get the apps that wouldn't run, to work even with the updated information, everything about this phone is awesome. That's why my email signature is "Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Z30". I just can't see getting a new phone just to end up with a phone that locks you into its ecosystem and makes you purchase products that will work with the features of their phone, or a phone OS that has failed to convince me that anything, I do would not be tracked for their gain. And why does android need monthly security patches anyway? Is it because it's not secure?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zx9r170; 01-14-20 at 05:58 AM.
    lzmx and sleeper7 like this.
    01-13-20 01:25 PM
    Well let's hope that your phone last as long as your Ninja.

The best thing that I like about my Z30 is the cellular reception in remote areas. Still nothing on the market like it.

Posted via CB10
    lzmx likes this.
    01-15-20 09:27 PM
    I don't use z30 as primary phone anymore but I occasionally use with WiFi and it's still awesome.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-20 12:08 PM
    The Z30 was one of my more 'unloved' BlackBerry phones, primarily due to the large size, no real keyboard or removeable battery.

But I pulled it out last week and it strangely felt just right in my hand. Maybe I have been playing too much on new phones...
    It's kind of...fantastic? It somehow felt just right and the slightly bigger keyboard had me hammering out communications faster than I have ever done on the Z10 or any other phone for that matter!

Now I can't wait to get back to it!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-20 03:59 PM
    The Z30 was one of my more 'unloved' BlackBerry phones, primarily due to the large size, no real keyboard or removeable battery.

But I pulled it out last week and it strangely felt just right in my hand. Maybe I have been playing too much on new phones...
    It's kind of...fantastic? It somehow felt just right and the slightly bigger keyboard had me hammering out communications faster than I have ever done on the Z10 or any other phone for that matter!

Now I can't wait to get back to it!

Posted via CB10
    In the 3-year lifespan of BB10, I used the Z10 for exactly half of it.
    01-28-20 04:03 PM
    Checking in. End of February 2020.

My BlackBerry Z30 still rocking and handling business. Damages of now included cracked screen after I dropped it in the concrete, however the screen functions perfectly. The music keys feel and sound a tad bit rattled but work perfectly still. Also the phone mic is damaged and at times during calls people will suddenly not hear me me anymore to which I have to switch to loud speaker.

Current work done on this is using email for my company so this is really awesome and feel great flagging my emails as my jobs and getting them done efficiently! Productivity can be thanked back to this BlackBerry. Pinch and zoom on the hub with flagged emails is just phenomenal!

Also scheduling appointments and meetings for work are done effortlessly.

Have had situations where I needed to work excellent or word, this phone has built in Excel and word or a version of it that has saved my butt haha

Gym wise. Music player is the best! Sound quality weather on wired headsets or Bluetooth wireless both sound great thanks to the equalizer and thanks to the volume keys I don't have to touch the screen when sweating. My gym buddy right here!

Apps - solely use Skype, KIK, What's App that you can download straight. FB and IG don't work at all or won't open after you download them. But glad you can access them via browser. Same with Wells Fargo and Chase, via browser.

By the way didn't know BBM still works! I don't know if BBM group message works anymore on the built in app but hit me up guys here's my pin 2C0C8FB5

This is an awesome device and while I do have an iPhone 8 for the apps themselves this machine here gets it done for work!!

kettcar64 likes this.
    02-28-20 02:58 PM
    Hey guys checking in. From work might I add lol. Love this machine. Still getting it done and then some and now you can download What's App directly from the What's App website and works flawlessly, that's a blessing!

We are the last of our kind the last of our breed. And I will continue on until the end, me and my BlackBerry Z30

Me too, will use till the end. Whatsapp works well with latest Update.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-20 11:28 AM
    Checking in. Working on my BlackBerry Z30 as my job uses a Web based portal. This machine alongside the emails has been brilliant. The browser allows me to work at any location if needing to get it done. The hub helps me keep track of all tasks thanks to the flag pinch and zoom and throughout all this nonsense of the quarantine and chaos that people make, it has helped me keep track of all jobs and complete them. Have had a few people from here add me to BBM and I thank ya'll for that. Meanwhile shame I lost twitter on this but hey all good. I do have an eye on the iPhone SE2 coming up soon for the apps and camera. By the way, how are you all doing? Hope everyone stays positive it's rough for some who don't have a job and it's rough for those who feel the pressure of all work piling on one person. Strangely all that work piling on my BlackBerry feels awesome and getting it done makes me a bit nerdy feeling goofy for completing it lol

04-21-20 10:17 AM
    Checking in. Working on my BlackBerry Z30 as my job uses a Web based portal. This machine alongside the emails has been brilliant. The browser allows me to work at any location if needing to get it done. The hub helps me keep track of all tasks thanks to the flag pinch and zoom and throughout all this nonsense of the quarantine and chaos that people make, it has helped me keep track of all jobs and complete them. Have had a few people from here add me to BBM and I thank ya'll for that. Meanwhile shame I lost twitter on this but hey all good. I do have an eye on the iPhone SE2 coming up soon for the apps and camera. By the way, how are you all doing? Hope everyone stays positive it's rough for some who don't have a job and it's rough for those who feel the pressure of all work piling on one person. Strangely all that work piling on my BlackBerry feels awesome and getting it done makes me a bit nerdy feeling goofy for completing it lol

/blackberry-10-apps-f274/bird10-native-app-twitter-1178312/
    04-21-20 10:25 AM
    I just fired up my old Z30 aw well and I was surprised people are still using it. I needed a second line for work and my Huawei p20 pro isn't a duel sim and the battery on my old LG-G4 is crap. So I dusted off this phone and to my surprise, it's still working, great actually. Well, great is a strong word but the battery is still good and it handles phone calls, emails, and text messages like a champ.

The only issue I have with it is the keyboard always displays uppercase letters even when it's typing lowercase. Not sure why that it or if there is a fix for it.

Other than that I forgot how much I liked the Hub.

Overall, it's a good phone for the basics, oh and I forgot how heavy it is compared to my other phones. It does have that premium feel.
    05-02-20 12:48 PM
    I just fired up my old Z30 aw well and I was surprised people are still using it. I needed a second line for work and my Huawei p20 pro isn't a duel sim and the battery on my old LG-G4 is crap. So I dusted off this phone and to my surprise, it's still working, great actually. Well, great is a strong word but the battery is still good and it handles phone calls, emails, and text messages like a champ.

The only issue I have with it is the keyboard always displays uppercase letters even when it's typing lowercase. Not sure why that it or if there is a fix for it.

Other than that I forgot how much I liked the Hub.

Overall, it's a good phone for the basics, oh and I forgot how heavy it is compared to my other phones. It does have that premium feel.
    The Hub and the keyboard really are the best for a phone without a PKB.

Posted via my lovely  Z30
    05-06-20 12:27 AM
    Agreed... I just rehabilitated my Z30 as well... best phone I've ever used... I feel whole again...

Posted via CB10
    herbersh likes this.
    05-16-20 12:24 PM
42 12