After almost 2 years of non-stop use (and many drops..) managed to pancake onto a tile floor and digitizer has cracks.

No sweat, got another one off amazon for 90 (model STA100-5 for AT&T)

Now, apart from moving microSIM over, anything else I need to manage contacts and settings ?

I have logged onto https://protect.blackberry.com and know my userid/password

What else is needed ?
    08-26-17 09:16 AM
    To be clear, yes, I know the Copy contacts (local) to SIM function (swipe in Contacts from Top, Settings, select copy ...)

Interested if anything else would make it easier to manage old settings to clone to new device since they are same model STA100-5 ? Unless it is simply a step to connect USB, copy some files to laptop and swap phones, copy to same folders ?

Is there some security setting to be aware of, something else to know when moving from old to new ?
    08-26-17 11:38 AM
    Backup phone with Link. Restore to new phone. Works perfectly, you won't even know it's a new phone. Everything is moved.
    I used it a lot, even between different phone models. I propagated my original Q10 to Z10, Z30 & 2 Passports this way. (Also Z10 to Passport works fine too)
    08-26-17 08:59 PM
    Backup phone with Link. Restore to new phone. Works perfectly, you won't even know it's a new phone. Everything is moved.
    I used it a lot, even between different phone models. I propagated my original Q10 to Z10, Z30 & 2 Passports this way. (Also Z10 to Passport works fine too)
    Then order new digitizer assembly. 10 minutes to install and now you have your own z30 backup for your z30.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-17 09:24 PM
    For Digitizer, tips on best place to buy and how to get the correct part ?
    08-27-17 06:37 AM
    I've bought several Z30 screens from etradesupply. Takes a little while to arrive but always top notch. Look at their part grading system; they have many parts they claim are OEM - not copies - and as far as I can tell, every screen I've bought from them (for both Z10 and Z30) as well as a midframe replacement for a Z30, have every single appearance of being the OEM part. 100% satisfied

Richard
    09-06-17 01:01 PM