I ordered a Z30 back earlier this year and used a nano to micro sim adapter and messed up the SIM card contact slot. Is this something I contact digital river or BlackBerry support about? Is this difficult to repair myself?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 07:37 PM
    Unless you can do fine soldering work, this is something a pro should fix. Usually, you'd wanna initiate contact with those whom you purchased the phone from.
    John Crist and tuxedo323 like this.
    02-18-15 07:40 PM
    I ordered a Z30 back earlier this year and used a nano to micro sim adapter and messed up the SIM card contact slot. Is this something I contact digital river or BlackBerry support about? Is this difficult to repair myself?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    What BergerKing said. I'd contact whomever you bought it from first. It sounds like you're out of a return/exchange policy at this point, but before sending it off to DR (I'd never send anything off to DR... ever...), I'd contact BlackBerry Warranty Support at this link or call 1-866-957-0761.
    BionicKris likes this.
    02-18-15 08:53 PM
    What BergerKing said. I'd contact whomever you bought it from first. It sounds like you're out of a return/exchange policy at this point, but before sending it off to DR (I'd never send anything off to DR... ever...), I'd contact BlackBerry Warranty Support at this link or call 1-866-957-0761.
    Yeah just did and I'll be waiting from their RMA dept. To contact me in the next 24 hrs

Posted via CB10
    John Crist likes this.
    02-18-15 09:24 PM
    Yeah just did and I'll be waiting from their RMA dept. To contact me in the next 24 hrs

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear. BlackBerry is one of those companies that treats device issues with the utmost of care in my experience. Any time I've had to make use of the warranty it felt like I was a king and they were handing me chocolates on a platter made of gold. Others claim the BlackBerry doesn't listen to their customers, and that may be true to an extent as far as the average consumer goes, but if you need to return a device, dear GOD you are treated like royalty.
    BionicKris likes this.
    02-18-15 09:30 PM
    So RMA says it will cost $200 to fix "the broken screen" (screen isn't broke). I guess I'll just have them ship it back.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:24 PM
    That really stinks.

Sim adapters are genius ideas but they are physically a PITA. I sympathize.

A very fine tipped soldering iron will get you back in business but it is not super easy to do and the potential for a **** up is high.

Posted via CB10
    tuxedo323 likes this.
    03-17-15 11:54 PM
    That really stinks.

Sim adapters are genius ideas but they are physically a PITA. I sympathize.

A very fine tipped soldering iron will get you back in business but it is not super easy to do and the potential for a **** up is high.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah tough lesson learned. Since I am using another one, I'll get some soldering practice in and use the remaining parts for replacements (unbroken screen lol).

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 12:35 AM
    I had this problem...what you want to do is find a phone repair tech and then get your phone fixed. You'd do well to order the part....lest they don't have it.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 12:55 AM
    03-18-15 01:07 AM
    Aww, no longer available

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 01:07 AM
    03-18-15 01:09 AM
    I think the Z30 is overly susceptible to SIM contact damage. I've used adapters in numerous types of phones without damage... but have noticed many on CB experience damage to Z30's when using SIM adapters.

Notice the Z30 SIM contacts are backwards from most phones... facing user instead of away. This is a design flaw in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:50 AM
    Okay, in order to increase my own knowledge base....

Why are adapters needed? Are there even smaller sim cards than what is used in the Z30? So an adapter brings it up to "standard" size? And then what happens? Pins or contacts get caught and bend or break the slot on the Z30 when it is removed?
    03-18-15 08:37 AM
    Okay, in order to increase my own knowledge base....

Why are adapters needed? Are there even smaller sim cards than what is used in the Z30? So an adapter brings it up to "standard" size? And then what happens? Pins or contacts get caught and bend or break the slot on the Z30 when it is removed?
    Basically the sim adapters are little trays that your smaller sim fits in. They place the smaller sim contacts in the right spot for the bigger sim slot.

Sims fit so tightly, the sims will push out, get stuck, etc.

There are several sizes.

You can also make a bigger sim one size smaller by cutting it or with a cutting tool. I've done it and it worked but it is not advised.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on a Note 3. Giving my Passport a rest.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-18-15 09:43 PM