02-05-14 09:47 PM
47 12
tools
    And correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption that even if u buy an unlocked non verizon phone my Verizon sim won't properly work in it due to the CDMA network
    12-06-13 03:20 PM
    We used to use nail polish remover to get rid of the logo's on our hockey helmets.. not sure if that would work

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 03:33 PM
    This is too funny. First off I don't apologize for the name calling. If u read the reply from thachoc1 he basically calls me a *itch. So read it first before u all chime in. And what's even better is how this guy attempts to lecture me after his ridiculous original post. My phone before this was the z10 and there were a lot of people who hated the branding and gave helpful info on how to remove it, which I did. I was just asking a question so everyone should just chill..
    I don't like Verizon branding. Sorry guys don't kill me for it..
    Nah, I didn't which is why I said it the way I did. Reading is fundamental. Mitch - is a term coined by Kevin Hart (he's a comedian/actor) btw. It's a joke persay. I intended to deter you from tearing your device apart just to remove the logo. As a matter of fact, I completely over-looked that you had the nerve to request "Someone else try this!" That's just rude of you.

Removing the branding on the Z10 is far easier, and clearly possible, of course there would be helpful solutions. You obviously know on the Z30, the branding is under the glass, which makes your question very valid. However, you said you can't stand Verizon, and that's the problem. I think it's safe to say, you made the branding seem like an epic flaw, which beckons the question, Why spend the money, why show patronage to Verizon? It just doesn't make much sense. It's like the reviewers that buy/receive the device, then perform the infamous drop test. Dear God!

I meant no harm, so there is no-foul. But I can completely understand your interpretation.

FWIW, I looked at the parts from the website I sent you. After having recently replaced the LCD and Digitizer on an Iphone 4S, the parts are fused together (LCD and Digitizer) the same way on the Z30. You would have to detach the two just to get to the painted portion under the glass. The parts are in fact different because of the branding. The proximity sensor placement has been shifted which is another reason swapping for a different glass without the branding won't work.
    12-06-13 03:45 PM
    And correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the assumption that even if u buy an unlocked non verizon phone my Verizon sim won't properly work in it due to the CDMA network
    STA100-5 model unlocked may work for you.
    12-06-13 04:33 PM
    Gonna spend the $10 and get a new battery door with out it. I'm talking more about the front of the device. I wonder if u take it apart is there a way to remove the logo then put the screen and phone back together. Someone please try this...
    O.o

Are you asking someone ELSE to potentially damage THEIR phone to test your possible solution for branding removal?
    Wait...I have a better idea....
    Why don't you give it a try on YOUR beloved device and let us know if that worked for you.

Go ahead....we'll wait.

Posted via CB10
    Thachoc1 and howards like this.
    12-06-13 05:09 PM
    OMG are we still going with this?!!!! I said that cause there are people who buy the phones JUST to tear them down. Google the name of any phone and tear down after it and u will see. U guys are either clueless or have too much time on ur hands to come on A forum and start picking ridiculous arguments with people just asking a question. Ur turning this into something it's not and that just baffles me...
    12-06-13 06:00 PM
    If anyone knows FOR SURE if another model works on the verizon network please let me know and I'll gladly end this thread and the nonsense it has become. Thank you
    12-06-13 06:02 PM
    OMG are we still going with this?!!!! I said that cause there are people who buy the phones JUST to tear them down. Google the name of any phone and tear down after it and u will see. U guys are either clueless or have too much time on ur hands to come on A forum and start picking ridiculous arguments with people just asking a question. Ur turning this into something it's not and that just baffles me...
    So, did it work or are we still waiting?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 06:49 PM
    Hey kimbrella u don't even own a Z30 u own a Z10. So why are u even trolling on this thread. U are exactly the person I'm talking about when I say there are people with to much time on their hands to do what ur doing. Why even participate in a thread when u know all ur gonna bring to it is stupid commentary, negativity and talk about something u don't even have. Oh let me guess u and the other guy are friends? I get it now
    12-06-13 07:04 PM
    I've explained my case, and even through all this I still offered assistance. The info I gave you is within the forums. Check the stickied threads on the Z30 section and you'll see. Stop asking, stop whining, and start searching. You not choosing to follow the advice of others, the insults, the failure to search the site, it won't get you far here. So I'm done.

Posted via my sexay Z30 using the latest updated CB10 without auto scrolling issues!!!!!
    12-06-13 07:11 PM
    It's not that freaking series!!! You can't hate them that much, you gave em your money, and you give them your money every month. You're acting like the logo is being branded on the side of your face whenever you hold the phone up to your head. Geez louise!!! Most people don't even know what the phone is to begin with. And if you don't want people to know its a Verizon phone, then leave it in your pocket and use a Bluetooth headset FOREVER! You had a choice, you made it, now own it man! Stop whining like a mitch
    Ok its written "serious" not "series"

Anyway, before jumping down people's throats, you should know that some people like myself wanted a z30 but their provider (tmobile for me) doesn't carry said item.. so we bought a Verizon version that will work... I do not like verizon so I would like to remove the logo... but since it's under the glass... I will have to learn to live with it...

Don't get your panties in a bunch... easy there cowboy it's the internet... not real life..

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    12-06-13 07:11 PM
    Ok its written "serious" not "series"

Anyway, before jumping down people's throats, you should know that some people like myself wanted a z30 but their provider (tmobile for me) doesn't carry said item.. so we bought a Verizon version that will work... I do not like verizon so I would like to remove the logo... but since it's under the glass... I will have to learn to live with it...

Don't get your panties in a bunch... easy there cowboy it's the internet... not real life..

Forgive the oversight of my typo. Check my post history. I'm not one to post many if any typos. Thank you for catching that, I'm actually surprised I went all day and didn't notice on my own.

I completely understand that people don't like carriers, and so choose to order comparable unlocked devices. You precisely stated my point. Learn to live with it!

Also, recognize the tone of the OP's posts, they don't exactly say "Hey, I can live with this, but does anyone happen to know of a way to remove the branding on the front." No one in there right mind is going to readily suggest tearing down a new phone just to remove the branding. As I stated , my intent was to deter the OP. My delivery may be blunt, but hey "Learn to live with it."

Posted via my sexay Z30 using the latest updated CB10 without auto scrolling issues!!!!!
    Last edited by Thachoc1; 12-06-13 at 07:39 PM.
    12-06-13 07:27 PM
    Hey kimbrella u don't even own a Z30 u own a Z10. So why are u even trolling on this thread. U are exactly the person I'm talking about when I say there are people with to much time on their hands to do what ur doing. Why even participate in a thread when u know all ur gonna bring to it is stupid commentary, negativity and talk about something u don't even have. Oh let me guess u and the other guy are friends? I get it now
    Ok, great.
    ::::

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:12 PM
    If it's me you are referring to then no, I've not had the pleasure of meeting Kimberella but based on the comments I've seen from her I would be only too happy to meet her.
    I'm loathe to paraphrase qbnkelt as she says it much better than I can bit there isn't a rule that requires you to own a device to post in the forums.
    Time was that people would ask nicely and say things like please and thank you when looking for or receiving help but I guess I'm just dating myself now.

Posted via CB10
    Kimberella likes this.
    12-06-13 08:14 PM
    Has anyone tried it yet or have info on how to do it? Can't stand Verizon...
    Even if you get an unlocked phone directly from BlackBerry the boot-logo will still be Carrier Specific. Maybe the FIRST boot on the unlocked phone will be "blank" but then you'll get an OS Update of about 4mb or so and then you're hooped after that.

On an Unlocked phone I can move from Rogers boot-logo to Fido Boot Logo to Vodafone - but the boot logo is part of the package.

From what I can see the device itself is branded on both the top left faceplate and also on the battery door cover. Nice touch.

You can get rid of the Battery Door one by replacing it. There's a great case I like for the Z30 (BlackBerry US Online Store - Z30 Leather Flip Case - Black (Canada))

However - the Verizon devices, I've heard, have Qi Charging built in. That may be part of the battery door cover - I don't have one so I don't know. (In other words you may not be able to replace the back door after all).

Does anyone know how the Qi wireless charging was implemented on the VzW phones?
    12-06-13 08:22 PM
    Even if you get an unlocked phone directly from BlackBerry the boot-logo will still be Carrier Specific. Maybe the FIRST boot on the unlocked phone will be "blank" but then you'll get an OS Update of about 4mb or so and then you're hooped after that.

On an Unlocked phone I can move from Rogers boot-logo to Fido Boot Logo to Vodafone - but the boot logo is part of the package.

From what I can see the device itself is branded on both the top left faceplate and also on the battery door cover. Nice touch.

You can get rid of the Battery Door one by replacing it. There's a great case I like for the Z30 (BlackBerry US Online Store - Z30 Leather Flip Case - Black (Canada))

However - the Verizon devices, I've heard, have Qi Charging built in. That may be part of the battery door cover - I don't have one so I don't know. (In other words you may not be able to replace the back door after all).

Does anyone know how the Qi wireless charging was implemented on the VzW phones?
    Qi charging is implemented,but the battery door has no bearing. It's inside the phone.

Removing Verizon logo on Z30-img_00000556.jpg

07thking likes this.
    12-06-13 08:33 PM
    If it's me you are referring to then no, I've not had the pleasure of meeting Kimberella but based on the comments I've seen from her I would be only too happy to meet her.
    I'm loathe to paraphrase qbnkelt as she says it much better than I can bit there isn't a rule that requires you to own a device to post in the forums.
    Time was that people would ask nicely and say things like please and thank you when looking for or receiving help but I guess I'm just dating myself now.

Posted via CB10
    No need to date yourself. With your charm, I'm sure you can find someone to date.
    ::ba dum bum::

Posted via CB10
    paper_monkey likes this.
    12-06-13 08:51 PM
    No need to date yourself. With your charm, I'm sure you can find someone to date.
    ::ba dum bum::

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 07:04 AM
    I don't mind the logo. They have the best coverage in my area and so far are the only carrier to sell the Z30 in the US.

Why not give them some props?

Posted via CB10
    ikalinin likes this.
    12-07-13 08:20 AM
    Forgive the oversight of my typo. Check my post history. I'm not one to post many if any typos. Thank you for catching that, I'm actually surprised I went all day and didn't notice on my own.

I completely understand that people don't like carriers, and so choose to order comparable unlocked devices. You precisely stated my point. Learn to live with it!

Also, recognize the tone of the OP's posts, they don't exactly say "Hey, I can live with this, but does anyone happen to know of a way to remove the branding on the front." No one in there right mind is going to readily suggest tearing down a new phone just to remove the branding. As I stated , my intent was to deter the OP. My delivery may be blunt, but hey "Learn to live with it."

I completely understand what you're saying... but I also understand what the OP is saying.. so. since he's not gonna open his phone he will have to learn to live with it.

12-07-13 08:37 AM
    Then why did you buy the z30 from them?

Sent from my ME173X using CB Forums mobile app
    That's not exactly helpful.

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    12-07-13 10:31 AM
    Why is the BlackBerry logo not shinny like the z10? You can't tell its a BlackBerry until you come up close

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 09:47 PM
47 12