It doesn't look to me that the battery is removable.
    07-24-13 09:43 PM
    no its not removable.
    higherdestiny likes this.
    07-24-13 10:01 PM
    So here is the million dollar question. What happens if/when the battery craps out? Can it physically be removed at all even with special tools?

I have had my Bold 9900 for about 20 months (on a typical 3-yr Canadian cell phone contract) and I just recently had to replace the battery because it would not hold a charge. No problem, lithium ion batteries do not last forever. But if that becomes difficult/impossible with the A10, I think that would be a serious design flaw.

The Playbook is similiar, I'm sure the rest of the harware will most likely outlast the battery.
    07-24-13 10:05 PM
    i am sure there will be away to change it if needed. special tools might be needed but probably would only be a screwdriver bit or something. nothing big
    07-24-13 10:09 PM
    That I could live with - either do it yourself if you are resourceful are take it to a cell phone repair place and pay for the service (like the iphone).
    07-24-13 10:18 PM
    That I could live with - either do it yourself if you are resourceful are take it to a cell phone repair place and pay for the service (like the iphone).
    right...i doubt it would be completely non replacable
    07-24-13 10:26 PM
    So really, the main downside is gonna be for people that like to swap in a fresh battery part way through the day. For heavy users that have access to power to recharge the non-removable battery issue is likely moot.

Similarly, if the battery turns out to be a monster and has ample juice to keep the thing going the issue is also moot.

A lot of people are calling the non-removeable battery a deal-breaker, but I think we need to wait for the final product to hit the market before we can call this one.

And here's hoping we see some great accessories - like a desktop (micro USB) charging cradle!
    07-24-13 10:34 PM
    Awesome. Interest in this phone just dropped to zero. Now I'm happy with what I got. No regrets for not waiting.
    bizzyqu likes this.
    07-24-13 10:49 PM
    I was a little bummed when I heard that the battery would not be replacable.

But then I thought to myself "How often have I actually carried a spare battery with me, and swapped over to keep the device going?"

The answer, for me was Twice... in the last 3 years.

Not to mention that the larger 2800mAh battery would mean that the device is going to last a lot longer on a single charge.

Yes, there's times when it's convenient to have a removable battery - but for me at least, it's rare.

Next time I need more juice, I'll just carry a portable charging pack - they're cheap on ebay
    07-26-13 01:35 AM
    Uhm if the battery craps put just open it up easily or just send it to blackberry? I Mean I bet you have a z10 or a q10 right? Doubt you gonna keep your phone over a year then

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 03:23 AM