Anyone having any problems linking to their computer shares through mobile network on the z30.

As soon as I go off wifi my remote access computer says offline.
    Wondering if the mobile network is blocking this. I'm with TELUS in Canada.
    12-13-13 11:09 PM
    Don't you need wifi for this to work? I thought remote access was only on wifi?
    12-14-13 08:01 AM
    No you can access it over your mobile network. That's what makes this feature so great. Your own personal cloud storage on up to 10 computers.

Going to call tech support and see what they say.
    12-14-13 10:19 AM
    I have had no issue on wifi and mobile on AT&T; but I have heard of people who said certain carriers were blocking this feature.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:21 AM
    Got it working over mobile network.
    Called TELUS support and they were no help. Support told me that their network doesn't handle it because of the encryption required and a bunch of other excuses. He knew what he was talking about and it all made sense, he just didn't realise that BlackBerry has somehow found a solution for all the points he brought up.

After getting off the phone I decided to try it again. Worked like a charm and I figured out it why it stopped working the day before.

Remote access needs a constant uninterrupted connection. The other day I had my wifi on and data turned off. Left office and it didn't go to mobile network data cause turned off. Turned it on when I realised this and couldn't connect. Got home and auto connected to home wifi but could not reconnect to remote access cause it was lost after I left the office. So I turned mobile data on again and still couldn't connect. Tested again today with same settings and same thing happened.
    When I kept all connections on, it stayed connected to remote access.

Great feature. I now have 3 comps connected. With over a terabyte of data storage. You can even connect network shared drives.
    12-14-13 05:03 PM
    I can't get RFA to work over network on Verizon. Also a lot of the time it won't connect on wifi and I usually have to restart my computer for it to show up

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:21 AM
    I can't get RFA to work over network on Verizon. Also a lot of the time it won't connect on wifi and I usually have to restart my computer for it to show up

Posted via CB10
    Noticing a lot of people are saying the same thing. It did take me a few try to get it working. Once I did, hasn't stop. Only thing I lose is my networked drives sometimes cause they're from the server which goes down for maintenance sometimes.

Try removing your BlackBerry id and reconnecting again. If that doesn't work try removing your device from link and associating it again. Lastly maybe uninstall link completely and do a fresh install.
    12-15-13 02:09 AM