Even though I have been known as a BlackBerry fan in my cycles, it has been a few years that I just couldn't find myself recommending BlackBerry to anyone outside the family.

Last week a friend from work asked me about what's my recommendation for picking his work phone upgrade, knowing who he is, I said of course a BlackBerry. His choice was between an iPhone 5s and Q10, and ended up trying Z10. I warned him about the battery problem (unfortunately Z30 is not available) but he still chose to give BlackBerry 's virtual keyboard a go.

It occurred to me just a moment ago that, as big a BlackBerry fan as I am, this is the first time in a few years since I recommended a BlackBerry to a friend.

This is HUGE!

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    tte404 likes this.
    02-02-14 01:44 PM
    Lucky. Whenever I recommend a BlackBerry, people always seem to be wait for the punch line.

I've had a spare Z10 since my wife switched to a Q10. Last month long-time friend broke his iPhone and reached out to FB to see if anyone had an old iPhone he could borrow for a few weeks. I offered to give him the Z10 for free, and $100 if he used it for at least one month as his daily driver.

He respectfully rejected the offer,.. saying he didn't hate himself enough.

So yeah... I don't really try anymore... I'll just enjoy BB10.

Posted via CB10
    BoldWorld likes this.
    02-02-14 01:57 PM
    Lucky. Whenever I recommend a BlackBerry, people always seem to be wait for the punch line.

I've had a spare Z10 since my wife switched to a Q10. Last month long-time friend broke his iPhone and reached out to FB to see if anyone had an old iPhone he could borrow for a few weeks. I offered to give him the Z10 for free, and $100 if he used it for at least one month as his daily driver.

He respectfully rejected the offer,.. saying he didn't hate himself enough.

So yeah... I don't really try anymore... I'll just enjoy BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Really? I'm sorry but your friend is not very bright.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 02:00 PM
    He's quite a successful, Harvard educated, dentist. Probably just refused to spare me the joy being right. Or... the fear of himself being wrong. Whichever one it is that stops people form being open-minded and trying new things... even when having their 'risk' and effort monetarily compensated.

Posted via CB10
    angieberry10 likes this.
    02-02-14 02:51 PM
    He's quite a successful, Harvard educated, dentist. Probably just refused to spare me the joy being right. Or... the fear of himself being wrong. Whichever one it is that stops people form being open-minded and trying new things... even when having their 'risk' and effort monetarily compensated.

Posted via CB10
    Completely understandable. It's a trivial decision for most people, and most people go with the safe choice.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    02-02-14 04:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Harvard education but still close minded. Didn't have to like it but denying oneself an opportunity? Guess good education does not guarantee growth

G

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123, redsaph and wasimraza like this.
    02-02-14 04:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    We have different definitions of smart then. If I was forced to use a spare phone for a few weeks anyway, I think I would take the one that someone was willing to pay me to use....regardless if I was afraid that I might actually like it.

Posted via CB10
    wasimraza and AnimalPak200 like this.
    02-02-14 09:40 PM
    As a waitress I see a lot of older BlackBerry devices and I'm always suggesting they check out the Q10 that I've been crushing on since I first picked it up in Sept. My husband was always a huge iphone fanboy, and while I haven't quite convinced him to switch to a Z10 yet, I've caught him checking them out. BlackBerry might not be leading the pack, but I've always been a dark horse kind of gal anyway

Posted with a smile...and a Q10
    02-02-14 10:23 PM
    I have also come back to BlackBerry after going to the iPhone 5s because of issues I had with my z10 and 10.0 when I bought it on launch day last year.

I bought a z30 because if the 10.2.1.1 update and I have shown the device to many folks and most of them are iPhone users themselves. They like the features and really like the device and how well its built, the issue is that BlackBerry has shown no support for the users here in the USA?

I still plug on and continue to show and demonstrate the z30 to everyone. I would love to see something from the folks up there in Waterloo for us loyal users here in the USA that shows the same passion I have for the product?

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA
    02-03-14 06:18 AM
    I have also come back to BlackBerry after going to the iPhone 5s because of issues I had with my z10 and 10.0 when I bought it on launch day last year.

I bought a z30 because if the 10.2.1.1 update and I have shown the device to many folks and most of them are iPhone users themselves. They like the features and really like the device and how well its built, the issue is that BlackBerry has shown no support for the users here in the USA?

I still plug on and continue to show and demonstrate the z30 to everyone. I would love to see something from the folks up there in Waterloo for us loyal users here in the USA that shows the same passion I have for the product?

It isn't Blackberry that has no support in the USA, it is the carriers.
    02-03-14 06:30 AM
    I honestly would have problems recommending BB10 to a friend because I know it won't fit their needs. Apps...that's the big one holding me back. Yes, you can sideload, but that's still not something you would expect an average, regular Joe consumer to, especially considering that they have all the apps they need on a more familiar platform.

A few other things that would hold me back are device specific. The Z10 has absolutely horrible battery life, and the Z30's screen isn't very good and overall, the price point is too high for the device you're getting. Then there is the Q10, which I don't see any real problems with. Price might be, but the demand for qwerty devices today is so low.

Photo a Day: C002B5A07, my amateur photography Channel
    02-03-14 06:43 AM
    Nowadays the only way to recommend BlackBerry to my friend is if they ask "What do you think of BB10?".
    02-03-14 06:48 AM
    I always ask a series of questions when they ask me what they want to do with the phone and what there budget is.

I usually ask, What do you do with your phone? Do you use a lot of the newest trending apps? How much are you willing to spend? Have you done any research on devices? Have you tried doing any platforms yet? I also ask many others, because I want people to make up there own mind. However, if they ask "What do you recommend and why? All I do is hand them my Z10 and by the time they finished playing with the phone i usually get a "Wow, its not what i was expecting." I let the platform speak for itself. Usually what people say they like the most is actually the hub.

I've even converted a couple of Iphone users to the Z30 when it came out here, because of the power of the platform. Main one being my wife was a hardcore IPhone user and is now using a Z10 and hasn't looked back.

I recommend blackberry all the time. Its stable, reliable, and its honestly a breeze to get use too. IF Blackberry made a BB10 tablet, I would sell my Current One and get it.
    saxxman likes this.
    02-03-14 07:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why the hell is he asking for handouts then?

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    ray689, Djlatino and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    02-03-14 07:13 AM
    I visited a local Walmart pharmacy yesterday and had to look at their website for a specific item that wasn't available at that store. I willingly handed my Z30 to the pharmacist to browse the web. She couldn't believe it was a BlackBerry device and was amazed at how sweet it is. She is currently an iPhone user but the impression was made and done!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:32 AM
    It isn't Blackberry that has no support in the USA, it is the carriers.
    Yes it's BlackBerry's fault too, the carriers are not going to put something on their shelves that no one wants??? I haven't seen one thing in the past 6 months that tells me that BlackBerry wants to sell their products here in the USA????

Where are the BlackBerry rep's?? How about some advertising?? How about someone up there in the corporate offices telling us USA users saying, hey!!! We are going to be here a while and will support you???

Unless I am blind and I haven't lost my hearing yet, I haven't heard or seen nothing to tell me anything has changed????

02-03-14 07:52 AM
    Yes it's BlackBerry's fault too, the carriers are not going to put something on their shelves that no one wants??? I haven't seen one thing in the past 6 months that tells me that BlackBerry wants to sell their products here in the USA????

Where are the BlackBerry rep's?? How about some advertising?? How about someone up there in the corporate offices telling us USA users saying, hey!!! We are going to be here a while and will support you???

Unless I am blind and I haven't lost my hearing yet, I haven't heard or seen nothing to tell me anything has changed????

They have said multiple times that they aren't going anywhere. I agree the marketing is almost nonexistent.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 12:35 AM
    I honestly would have problems recommending BB10 to a friend because I know it won't fit their needs. Apps...that's the big one holding me back. Yes, you can sideload, but that's still not something you would expect an average, regular Joe consumer to, especially considering that they have all the apps they need on a more familiar platform.

A few other things that would hold me back are device specific. The Z10 has absolutely horrible battery life, and the Z30's screen isn't very good and overall, the price point is too high for the device you're getting. Then there is the Q10, which I don't see any real problems with. Price might be, but the demand for qwerty devices today is so low.

Actually, the screen on the Z30 is excellent. It looks much better than the I phones that my friends have. That is, if you can make out the image on their tiny screens.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    02-04-14 06:38 PM
    I really love the z30 and the 10.2.1.537 update, but I cannot recommend a Blackberry product to anyone based on what I have seen here in the USA the last six months.

There is absolutely NO support for any Blackberry products here. Thank god I live just across the border from Canada so if I have a problem with my unlocked z30, I can at least take it there to get it serviced.

My carrier T Mobile who was once was the biggest retailer of Blackberry products here, no longer carries the brand in their stores anymore the sales folks in the stores no longer support the brand either.

As I use and try to show my beautiful z30 to folks here, I feel like an isolated dinosaur because no one here wants the brand anymore and that's a dam shame.

Don't pass the buck and blame the carriers for this issue. This is a Blackberry corporate marketing and customer service issue. Instead of bragging how they have no debut and billions in the bank.

Spend some of the money and resources to support what loyal user base you still have left here in the USA!!!

Sent using the CB app
    Last edited by bakron1; 02-05-14 at 04:53 AM.
    02-05-14 03:44 AM
    Actually, the screen on the Z30 is excellent. It looks much better than the I phones that my friends have. That is, if you can make out the image on their tiny screens.

Posted via CB10
    The screen is dim and pixilated. If you can't notice the difference then more power to ya, but I can. But there's no way that it looks better than an iPhone screen. They have one of the best screens in the business. And screen size is a preference.

anon(5928073) likes this.
    02-05-14 06:36 AM
    The screen is dim and pixilated. If you can't notice the difference then more power to ya, but I can. But there's no way that it looks better than an iPhone screen. They have one of the best screens in the business. And screen size is a preference.

Curious do you have a Z30? I do and don't have any problems. May be I do have more power.

G

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 08:36 AM
    Curious do you have a Z30? I do and don't have any problems. May be I do have more power.

G

Posted via CB10
    No I don't own one...and that's because I was immediately turned away from the phone because of the screen. I've gone back many times to maybe give it the benefit of the doubt but every time it's still the same old dim, pixelated screen. Yeah yeah, I'll get 20 blatant fanboys come and say "Well I own the Z30 and the display is super bright and crisp" and "If you owned one you would see it differently", but that just isn't the case. Whether you like it or not, that is what people are going to do when they go look at phones. They will obviously notice things like that, and it's even more obvious when it's put up against other phones. Screen wise, it's a huge step down from the Z10, and just about every other flagship phone

02-05-14 09:21 AM
    Yes, I am sure have the "retina" display on your iPhone. Hey, if you can see a difference, great. My daughter has an iPhone 5 and it looks washed out as far as I am concerned. I owned an omni 2 phone, one of the first with omeld screen and it was a great screen, just not bright enough in bright sun. My other daughter has a galaxy 4, again a very bright washed out screen. I phone retina display is nothing special, just good marketing and iOS 7 makes the screens look even more washed out.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-05-14 06:28 PM
    Yes, I am sure have the "retina" display on your iPhone. Hey, if you can see a difference, great. My daughter has an iPhone 5 and it looks washed out as far as I am concerned. I owned an omni 2 phone, one of the first with omeld screen and it was a great screen, just not bright enough in bright sun. My other daughter has a galaxy 4, again a very bright washed out screen. I phone retina display is nothing special, just good marketing and iOS 7 makes the screens look even more washed out.

Posted via CB10
    I don't own an iPhone, I own a Z10. And by "washed out" maybe you mean "vibrant"...? And how does an OS make a screen looked washed out? Honestly, that makes no sense. That claim just completely invalidated your argument. Since iOS 7 is more colorful, I think you mean vibrant, not washed out. It's quite a difference.

02-05-14 07:12 PM
    Well I don't own a Z30 so I will leave that alone at this point but funny you say you own a Z10 but seem aufully partial to the iphone. Just makes me wonder - used to be lots of trolls on Crackberry claiming to be BB fans but only posted about iOS and Apple products. I know enough iphone users to know that many are not happy with ios 7 and they commonly refer to it as washed out. And they do refer to it as the new apple OS so, an OS can affect how a phone looks #nonsensicallogicformer post
    02-06-14 12:06 AM
37 12