How to Make a BlackBerry Aristo A10

Today we will show you how to make the Perfect BlackBerry Aristo. This is a classic recipe and works every time. A Big Juicy Succulent Aristo is not only Beautiful to look at and Extremely Tasty, this little beast, if made with this recipe, is a very healthy option for your BlackBerry Stocks too. So let�s get started!

Requirements:
    • A Knowledge of the Solar Calendar and knowing what year it is (*Hint* its late 2013)
    • A Passion that goes beyond just the software
    • A Knowledge that having great specs does not �Ruin� the �Experience�
    • A Will to make the best Aristo that you possibly can
    • Trusting Einstein when he said that Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different result (*Hint* we already have the Z10 and it is �good enough� but not generating �good enough sales�)

Ingredients:
    • Beauty
    • Power
    • Efficiency

The Base

Start with a 5 inch 720p screen. I know it is not the best out there and tastes a little bitter, but trust me when I say that is will help keep the fragmentation in check, reduce the strain on CPU / GPU / Battery and will be lighter on the Wallet. Plus it has the benefit of showing us our weakness early and we know we have to compensate for it when making the rest of it. For starters we can have it with some kind of the latest gorilla glass and sunlight legibility using some optical bonding wizardary

The Filling

For this recipe we will need a Big Juicy Dragon. Take a Qualcomm SnapDragon 800 Processor, and crank up the frequency of this quad core beast as much as you dare, 2.3 GHz is pretty nice but see if you can squeeze more out of it. Also this comes with an Adreno 330 Face Melting GPU. (This recipe also works with Nvidia Tegra 4 , you can even try Intel Inside if you are feeling adventurous, but we recommend you use the Dragon)

On to the RAM then. Since we know BB10 refuses to run on 1GB of RAM, and the lowest current model, the Q5 needs 2GB to run, let us not be miserly with RAM for this Recipe. Add a generous amount of RAM, at least 3GB although 4GB is recommended, but this like saffron can be really expensive to get hold of in a mobile device.

The Final ingredient we need for the filling is Internal Memory. We usually have 16GB but since the apps cannot be moved to SD Card, it is better to use a minimum of 32GB of Storage Space for this recipe.

To keep all that lasting for a long time, we need to add some preservative. For that we will use a Battery that can last all day and more. What we are aiming for here, is to use the device frequently from 9am to midnight and have about 35% charge remaining. You will need to try and taste what works best for you but as a rough estimate you should go for more than 3300mAh of Battery.

The Covering

Primary Rear Facing Camera. A common ingredient, yet very important and very easy to get wrong. You need to careful where you get this from, it is recommended to get this from Sony, ask for one of their Exmor RS sensors. Make sure you don�t get anything less than a 13 MP unit as the 8MP ones are starting to get a bit stale. Pair this with a Xenon flash for stills and an LED light for video recording.

Also add a nice Front Facing Camera, with special focus to low light performance since this won�t be getting the help of a video light. Make this a fantastic reason to use video chat in BBM and Skype.

Here is a top tip: Add stereo microphones to the front as well as the back of the device, this way when one set is being used to listen to voice, the other pair can be used for Active Noise Cancellation.

Also needed on the front are stereo speakers, for more information on how to implement Front Facing Stereo Speakers on a mobile device take a look at older recipes such as �How to make the BlackBerry Playbook�, �How to make the Samsung Google Nexus 10� and �How to make the HTC ONE�

It gives a really nice flavour if you add a dedicated 2-stage camera key. One of the best implementations can be seen in the HTC Amaze 4g (aka HTC Ruby) where there are separate buttons for the still camera and the video camera.

Garnish the BlackBerry Aristo with an assortment of Glass and Metal. Stainless Steel and Magnesium Alloys work best in this recipe. There are only so many ways you can design a flat slab of Glass and Metal, but it pays to hire someone with an eye for beauty to help you make the final shape.

The Finishing Touches

Try and fit in Qi standard Wireless Charging capabilities, a really fast Wifi ac spec with mimo technology, Make it IP7 compliant being Dust and Water Proof for a longer life, and make a promise to let it have all the upgrades until at least BB11.9
    To Make it Exrta Sweet, Bring Speedy Updates to the OS, and get big names like Google on board to bring their mobile apps to BB10.

The Sides

Serve it HOT in a large dish (box). Bundle a couple of nice accessories like a Charging and Multimedia Dock, and maybe a wireless Bluetooth headset.
    07-17-13 07:46 AM
    A very inventive way to get specs across, great job!
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-17-13 07:48 AM
    Sounds delicious!
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-17-13 07:57 AM
    How to Make a BlackBerry Aristo A10

Today we will show you how to make the Perfect BlackBerry Aristo. This is a classic recipe and works every time. A Big Juicy Succulent Aristo is not only Beautiful to look at and Extremely Tasty, this little beast, if made with this recipe, is a very healthy option for your BlackBerry Stocks too. So let’s get started!

Requirements:
    • A Knowledge of the Solar Calendar and knowing what year it is (*Hint* its late 2013)
    • A Passion that goes beyond just the software
    • A Knowledge that having great specs does not “Ruin” the “Experience”
    • A Will to make the best Aristo that you possibly can
    • Trusting Einstein when he said that Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different result (*Hint* we already have the Z10 and it is “good enough” but not generating “good enough sales”)

Ingredients:
    • Beauty
    • Power
    • Efficiency

The Base

Start with a 5 inch 720p screen. I know it is not the best out there and tastes a little bitter, but trust me when I say that is will help keep the fragmentation in check, reduce the strain on CPU / GPU / Battery and will be lighter on the Wallet. Plus it has the benefit of showing us our weakness early and we know we have to compensate for it when making the rest of it. For starters we can have it with some kind of the latest gorilla glass and sunlight legibility using some optical bonding wizardary

The Filling

For this recipe we will need a Big Juicy Dragon. Take a Qualcomm SnapDragon 800 Processor, and crank up the frequency of this quad core beast as much as you dare, 2.3 GHz is pretty nice but see if you can squeeze more out of it. Also this comes with an Adreno 330 Face Melting GPU. (This recipe also works with Nvidia Tegra 4 , you can even try Intel Inside if you are feeling adventurous, but we recommend you use the Dragon)

On to the RAM then. Since we know BB10 refuses to run on 1GB of RAM, and the lowest current model, the Q5 needs 2GB to run, let us not be miserly with RAM for this Recipe. Add a generous amount of RAM, at least 3GB although 4GB is recommended, but this like saffron can be really expensive to get hold of in a mobile device.

The Final ingredient we need for the filling is Internal Memory. We usually have 16GB but since the apps cannot be moved to SD Card, it is better to use a minimum of 32GB of Storage Space for this recipe.

To keep all that lasting for a long time, we need to add some preservative. For that we will use a Battery that can last all day and more. What we are aiming for here, is to use the device frequently from 9am to midnight and have about 35% charge remaining. You will need to try and taste what works best for you but as a rough estimate you should go for more than 3300mAh of Battery.

The Covering

Primary Rear Facing Camera. A common ingredient, yet very important and very easy to get wrong. You need to careful where you get this from, it is recommended to get this from Sony, ask for one of their Exmor RS sensors. Make sure you don’t get anything less than a 13 MP unit as the 8MP ones are starting to get a bit stale. Pair this with a Xenon flash for stills and an LED light for video recording.

Also add a nice Front Facing Camera, with special focus to low light performance since this won’t be getting the help of a video light. Make this a fantastic reason to use video chat in BBM and Skype.

Here is a top tip: Add stereo microphones to the front as well as the back of the device, this way when one set is being used to listen to voice, the other pair can be used for Active Noise Cancellation.

Also needed on the front are stereo speakers, for more information on how to implement Front Facing Stereo Speakers on a mobile device take a look at older recipes such as “How to make the BlackBerry Playbook”, “How to make the Samsung Google Nexus 10” and “How to make the HTC ONE”

It gives a really nice flavour if you add a dedicated 2-stage camera key. One of the best implementations can be seen in the HTC Amaze 4g (aka HTC Ruby) where there are separate buttons for the still camera and the video camera.

Garnish the BlackBerry Aristo with an assortment of Glass and Metal. Stainless Steel and Magnesium Alloys work best in this recipe. There are only so many ways you can design a flat slab of Glass and Metal, but it pays to hire someone with an eye for beauty to help you make the final shape.

The Finishing Touches

Try and fit in Qi standard Wireless Charging capabilities, a really fast Wifi ac spec with mimo technology, Make it IP7 compliant being Dust and Water Proof for a longer life, and make a promise to let it have all the upgrades until at least BB11.9
    To Make it Exrta Sweet, Bring Speedy Updates to the OS, and get big names like Google on board to bring their mobile apps to BB10.

The Sides

Serve it HOT in a large dish (box). Bundle a couple of nice accessories like a Charging and Multimedia Dock, and maybe a wireless Bluetooth headset.
    Thats what I'm hoping for the A10. I would buy one of those no problem. For some reason i don't believe BGR with the specs I have a feeling they bumped up the procesor speed and these specs are for a Z5 not the A10.
    anon2100101 likes this.
    07-17-13 08:01 AM
    I think the A10 will be a great device on par with iPhone 5s specs. Look at the rumered Nokia 4.7 inch Nokia Lumia 625 Photos Leak, Revealing First Nokia Phablet | BGR Its not even close to the a10.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    07-17-13 01:43 PM
    I think the A10 will be a great device on par with iPhone 5s specs. Look at the rumered Nokia 4.7 inch Nokia Lumia 625 Photos Leak, Revealing First Nokia Phablet | BGR Its not even close to the a10.
    I am sure there is sarcasm in there somewhere, but since i cant seem to put my finger on it I am going to treat it like you meant it and give u a proper reply.

There is absolutely no competition to be had with the iPhone 5s, it doesn't even make sense to compare the two in terms of specifications. To put things into perspective, one of the most powerful devices out there today is the iPad 4 and it runs on 1 GB of RAM, whereas BB10 cannot even run on 1 GB of RAM. IOS is on its 7th iteration, whereas BB10 is on its first, there are about ten times more apps available for iOS than there are for BB10. Apple is in a strong position in the market and can do literally anything and still sell, BlackBerry is going through one of the toughest moments in it history and needs to make a strong comeback. Like I said it doesn't even make sense to compare with the iPhone.

And as far as the Lumia 625 is concerned, that my dear friend is an entry level device, and its going to be alot cheaper than the cheapest BB10 device you can find. Probably around the $300 mark but its funny how BGR thinks 4.7" is a phablet size lol
    07-17-13 02:38 PM
    I am sure there is sarcasm in there somewhere, but since i cant seem to put my finger on it I am going to treat it like you meant it and give u a proper reply.

There is absolutely no competition to be had with the iPhone 5s, it doesn't even make sense to compare the two in terms of specifications. To put things into perspective, one of the most powerful devices out there today is the iPad 4 and it runs on 1 GB of RAM, whereas BB10 cannot even run on 1 GB of RAM. IOS is on its 7th iteration, whereas BB10 is on its first, there are about ten times more apps available for iOS than there are for BB10. Apple is in a strong position in the market and can do literally anything and still sell, BlackBerry is going through one of the toughest moments in it history and needs to make a strong comeback. Like I said it doesn't even make sense to compare with the iPhone.

And as far as the Lumia 625 is concerned, that my dear friend is an entry level device, and its going to be alot cheaper than the cheapest BB10 device you can find. Probably around the $300 mark but its funny how BGR thinks 4.7" is a phablet size lol

And your point being what, I own a ipad 4, mba, imac, nexus 7 among devices and hardware. I know ios is optimized to run on its hardware, and the amount of apps in the app store have nothing to do with that.

Bb10 is also a optimized os and doesn't need quad core 1080p phones to run. Android oems are component/part manufacturers specs is the only thing they have to compete with.

Apple Microsoft and BlackBerry know the spec race is pointless because they work to make there os run on its hardware not the other way around. They know there's no point in wasting money on unused(quadcore) and unneeded specs.

BlackBerry doesn't have the luxury of wasting money on hardware right now, especially if they don't need to.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    07-17-13 03:15 PM
    Here's a point... how about considering an OS lean if it requires some bare minimum specs to run... so while ios and wp8 will run on 1 gig of RAM, bb10 will run on 2 gigs... efficiency of an OS cannot be solely considered on the RAM it uses.. neither the power on the cores it can run..

sexy as hell Z10 via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-17-13 03:30 PM
    I hope this is the top thanked/liked and posted thread on CB. Amazing and creative!!! Unreal man

Posted via CB10
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-17-13 03:41 PM
    This was VERY clever and made me smile. Thanks for writing this . And bonus points for mentioning the HTC Amaze! I loved the dedicated camera buttons on that thing! I know of other phones that have dedicated camera buttons, but not a dedicated video camera button as well like the Amaze had. That would be a simple yet functional to set the Aristo apart.
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-17-13 03:56 PM
    I couldn't have made a better BlackBerry Aristo better myself. A smaller minimalistic bezel would be the cherry on top here.

5/5, would make again!
    anon(5818411) and Qaxl like this.
    07-17-13 04:00 PM
    sticky this thread in the "Blackberry OS" forums pleassseeeee
    07-17-13 04:00 PM
    And your point being what, I own a ipad 4, mba, imac, nexus 7 among devices and hardware. I know ios is optimized to run on its hardware, and the amount of apps in the app store have nothing to do with that.

Bb10 is also a optimized os and doesn't need quad core 1080p phones to run. Android oems are component/part manufacturers specs is the only thing they have to compete with.

Apple Microsoft and BlackBerry know the spec race is pointless because they work to make there os run on its hardware not the other way around. They know there's no point in wasting money on unused(quadcore) and unneeded specs.

BlackBerry doesn't have the luxury of wasting money on hardware right now, especially if they don't need to.

Posted via CB10
    You are right but do the 100s of millions of consumers that are buying phones each year know that? It's already been proven that Blackberry's hardware on it's own won't sell phones. They need to supplement that and step outside of the box.. The box they are currently in isn't selling phones
    07-17-13 04:07 PM
    This is the best thread I've read this month.

Thank you for this excellent example of thinking outside of the box.

I salute you
    Qaxl and anon(5818411) like this.
    07-17-13 04:21 PM
    You are right but do the 100s of millions of consumers that are buying phones each year know that? It's already been proven that Blackberry's hardware on it's own won't sell phones. They need to supplement that and step outside of the box.. The box they are currently in isn't selling phones
    Exactly, they know hardware will be a easy tough sell. BlackBerry is aiming for the experience rave with 10.2.

There not in a spec rave because Samsung is the world's biggest components manufacturer, they can release 6 versions of 1 phone and if you put better hardware in yours, they can release 7th version a month later and it won't hurt there pockets at all.

BlackBerry can't survive in a spec race with these companies. They need better promotion, people need to see and experience bb10. There current marketing has been a complete fail.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    07-17-13 04:23 PM
    Ya i want that version!

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-17-13 04:31 PM
    Exactly, they know hardware will be a easy tough sell. BlackBerry is aiming for the experience rave with 10.2.

There not in a spec rave because Samsung is the world's biggest components manufacturer, they can release 6 versions of 1 phone and if you put better hardware in yours, they can release 7th version a month later and it won't hurt there pockets at all.

BlackBerry can't survive in a spec race with these companies. They need better promotion, people need to see and experience bb10. There current marketing has been a complete fail.

Posted via CB10
    They aren't exactly competing with Samsung. Nokia has there 32MP camera coming out which will sell over other phones for that reason. Samsung has their specs and gimmicks. Apple has their apps and the glitz. BB10 has it's hardware which proved it can't sell. People trying out BB10 for the first time is like watching a girl play Call of Duty. Best OS out there don't get me wrong but it is complicated to some people.
    They just need to claim 3rd spot around the world beating WP8 which is possible if they have Phablet type specs like these listed. When you release a 5" phone you need to give it comparable specs to the next 4.6" phone. Note 3 is coming out with around the same time with Key lime which gives me another thing to talk about.

BB10 won't be the only new OS anymore, Key Lime which will blow peoples minds as Jelly Bean already did. iOS7 sucks but it's glitzy and will sell the best no doubt. WP8 will come out with a new update this summer. It's not like the world froze and only BB10 is getting updated. Sure 10.2 is going to be amazing to us but really were just playing catch up with just getting wifi direct for example. (Apple is marketing huge as Air Drop) I Don't think BB10 will step outside of the box until 10.3 even though it has TAT(i know that we shouldn't mention them). There is at least 5 phones gettign released at the same time which updated (WP8) or brand new OS' (Key lime and iOS7)

At the end of the day Blackberry needs those specs that are listed in the OP to keep up with the competition. They won't egt better specs then Samsung but they will have better spec the Nokia for example minus the 32MP of course lol (which beats WP8 for 3rd spot in market share). They need anything to gain a bigger and better costumer base. With those specs, 10.2 and marketing = a pretty good run up to the top phones of today. QNX in car systems too but that's for another day.
    07-17-13 04:42 PM
    They aren't exactly competing with Samsung. Nokia has there 32MP camera coming out which will sell over other phones for that reason. Samsung has their specs and gimmicks. Apple has their apps and the glitz. BB10 has it's hardware which proved it can't sell. People trying out BB10 for the first time is like watching a girl play Call of Duty. Best OS out there don't get me wrong but it is complicated to some people.
    They just need to claim 3rd spot around the world beating WP8 which is possible if they have Phablet type specs like these listed. When you release a 5" phone you need to give it comparable specs to the next 4.6" phone. Note 3 is coming out with around the same time with Key lime which gives me another thing to talk about.

BB10 won't be the only new OS anymore, Key Lime which will blow peoples minds as Jelly Bean already did. iOS7 sucks but it's glitzy and will sell the best no doubt. WP8 will come out with a new update this summer. It's not like the world froze and only BB10 is getting updated. Sure 10.2 is going to be amazing to us but really were just playing catch up with just getting wifi direct for example. (Apple is marketing huge as Air Drop) I Don't think BB10 will step outside of the box until 10.3 even though it has TAT(i know that we shouldn't mention them). There is at least 5 phones gettign released at the same time which updated (WP8) or brand new OS' (Key lime and iOS7)

At the end of the day Blackberry needs those specs that are listed in the OP to keep up with the competition. They won't egt better specs then Samsung but they will have better spec the Nokia for example minus the 32MP of course lol (which beats WP8 for 3rd spot in market share). They need anything to gain a bigger and better costumer base. With those specs, 10.2 and marketing = a pretty good run up to the top phones of today. QNX in car systems too but that's for another day.
    I never said they were directly competing with Samsung, I'm saying Samsung and other android oems are component manufacturers, they make screens, chips, processors etc. It doesn't cost them much to throw most of there own parts in there phone.

Nokia released 1 phone with a serious camera but midrange specs, period, there's no justifying it.

Apple designs but still doesn't manufacturer there hardware.

BlackBerry buys every single piece in there phone, if the A10 can run better on a dual cpu/quadcore gpu then the gs4, htc one and most if not all android devices running quadcore, then why waste the money on unused(quadcore) and unneeded hardware, BlackBerry doesn't have money they can waste.

With 10.2 there joining a experience race, apple knows the experience is everything which is why the iphone5s with have worse specs then the a10. BlackBerry is also optimizing there os to run on the hardware.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    07-17-13 05:54 PM
    I never said they were directly competing with Samsung, I'm saying Samsung and other android oems are component manufacturers, they make screens, chips, processors etc. It doesn't cost them much to throw most of there own parts in there phone.

Nokia released 1 phone with a serious camera but midrange specs, period, there's no justifying it.

Apple designs but still doesn't manufacturer there hardware.

BlackBerry buys every single piece in there phone, if the A10 can run better on a dual cpu/quadcore gpu then the gs4, htc one and most if not all android devices running quadcore, then why waste the money on unused(quadcore) and unneeded hardware, BlackBerry doesn't have money they can waste.

With 10.2 there joining a experience race, apple knows the experience is everything which is why the iphone5s with have worse specs then the a10. BlackBerry is also optimizing there os to run on the hardware.

Posted via CB10
    apple can afford to have the worst specs blackberry can't. You are talking out of common knowledge. The average consumer doesn't know anything about duel/quad except the quad being bigger meaning faster.
    07-17-13 06:33 PM
    apple can afford to have the worst specs blackberry can't. You are talking out of common knowledge. The average consumer doesn't know anything about duel/quad except the quad being bigger meaning faster.
    Well BlackBerry can't afford to waste money on specs for a phone they don't need! This is a pointless argument if you can't understand specs don't sell phones.

The average consumer doesn't know or care,
    - teenage boys/girls
    - young women/men in or outta school
    - collage students
    - business owners s workers
    - stay at home moms and dad's
    - older/eldrly folk
    - etc.

They don't care about quadcore, 1080p etc, they cate about the experience, apps, how the phone looks, when they go to by a phone, they remember commercials, what there friends and family are using, what's hot on the un there crowd. And most of the time people buy what sales person tell em is the best. Most those people don't even know quadcore is better then dual core, because it doesn't matter to them.

Most (as in 85-90%) android apps and games don't even utilize quadcore cpus, it's all for show. Just to sell phones.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    07-17-13 07:42 PM
    Well BlackBerry can't afford to waste money on specs for a phone they don't need! This is a pointless argument if you can't understand specs don't sell phones.

- teenage boys/girls
    - collage students
    - older/eldrly folk
    - etc.

They don't care about quadcore, 1080p etc, they cate about the experience, apps, how the phone looks, when they go to by a phone, they remember commercials, what there friends and family are using, what's hot on the un there crowd. And most of the time people buy what sales person tell em is the best. Most those people don't even know quadcore is better then dual core, because it doesn't matter to them.

Most (as in 85-90%) android apps and games don't even utilize quadcore cpus, it's all for show. Just to sell phones.

Posted via CB10
    I second that emotion....
    j21jam6 likes this.
    07-17-13 10:46 PM
    I second that emotion....

- teenage boys/girls
    - collage students
    - older/eldrly folk
    - etc.

Posted via CB10
    Do you think a phone with the minimum requirements will be able to run 10.3+ all the way to BB11. If i'm getting a flagship phone I want it to be running for years. Not everyone like me gets a phone every year. Look at Playbook that was promised to run BB10 with it's minimum requirements like 1GB of Ram. Look now you can't even run the damn OS on it not even 10.0 which was much smaller then it is now; 10.2. Sure 2GB of ram is enough for today but the question is is it enough for tomorrow. This is what put Blackberry in the gutter for years while iPhone and Android took over. Absent minded thinking. "85-90% of android apps and games" Why not close that gap soo 100% will work on BB10?

Plus when a customer walks in to the store.
    Customer "Hi, I would like to look at a phone today"
    Sales rep " What type of phone would you like?"
    Customer "Apps"
    Sales rep" iPhone is the right choice for apps"
    Customer "what about Blackberry?"
    Sales rep "right now Blackberry doesn't have all the most popular apps> (he'd say social apps since those are the most popular to the average consumer) They don't have Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Hootsuite, Pinistrest, Google Plus, Viber, Tango, Google Maps, Shazam (Soundhound is brutal compared to Shazam I had to sideload shazam), Flipboad, Netflix, LINE, Spotify and etc"
    Customer "what about a camera?"
    Sales rep "HTC one (HTC butterfly will be release with 4 ultra pixels at the same time) just came out with an ultra pixel which is a new version of a camera and works great with crystal clear pictures, Lumia (assuming it's out, which it will be around the A10) has a 32MP camera, iPhone is known for their cameras (they don't need to know that it is 8MP because they know it's clear already).
    What about Blackberry?
    For a flagship the A10 has the worst camera, the Note 3 (will be out then) on the other hand has 13MP impaired to the 8MP on the A10, smaller phones like the iPhone have a better camera. If you really want a flagship Note 3/HTC Butterfly (also out at the same time) would be the best camera wise or if you are looking for a smaller phone with a good camera iPhone is known for their camera.
    Customer: What phone has the best OS? (especially in the US they don't care about blackberry)
    Sales Rep: iPhone has iOS7, Android has Key Lime, Blackberry has BB10, WP8 has an update (8.1 or something). They are going to say it in that exact order maybe even blackberry being last in that order.
    Which phone is the easiest to use?
    Sales Rep(American mostly): iPhone is hands down the easiest OS to us.
    Customer: What about Blackberry?
    Sales Rep: They have this new thing called gestures which takes a while to get use to
    Customer: What about apps and games? What phone looks the best while playing these?
    Sales Rep: Android has the most vibrant colours with their 1080p screen and snapdragon processor (i'm getting lazy so i'm starting to group things together now) and has games like Grand Theft Auto that work and look flawless. iPhone has the most popular games right when they come out that are addicting. Android has the most vibrant colours probably because of 1080p (don't expect all reps to know facts and they just assume a lot to get a customer. While on that page half of them have no idea what they are talking about. They will say anything to get a customer and 1080p will be one of them)
    Customer: What about Blackberry?
    Games are starting to come out but they still don't have many of the real popular ones (they have a few but the rep won't know off the top of his head most likely, since they have the blackberry has no apps concept still)

at least if they ask whats good about blackberry they can name off some specs and have more leverage that blackberry is a different phone. Once consumer see better numbers they start to wonder. Not everyone has a luxury like apple. The nerdier people (the ones that get androids most likely because of specs) are the people you'd grab from android with the second best specs on the market. Knowing you phone is really powerful with an OS that is more efficient and has the second highest spec. They'd be like "meh, I'll give it a try"

To me it sounds like you have no idea what customers want because the market has stated that they don't want the Blackberry. Increase some specs to pull people in. Even simple things like camera and on board memory. Blackberry should be looking into the future and right now technology is going up exponentially. What works now might not work later and the Playbook was an example of that. Beefed up specs will ensure the phone will work later and since it's a flagship (5" flagship territory) people will want to hold onto it for a while like the Note/Note2.
    Last edited by khehl; 07-18-13 at 10:42 AM.
    07-18-13 10:31 AM
    Like the Op's idea what the A10 should been, would definitely buy his version instead of the Z10 part deux.
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-19-13 08:03 PM
    To the OP your post didn't even made me laugh once lol your delusional wanting too much and what not, sure go start up your own company and get to us with this product and don't come back until you managed to include all the features that you described in no more then a $700 price point and bb10

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 03:52 AM
    Well BlackBerry can't afford to waste money on specs for a phone they don't need! .....

Posted via CB10
    So basically, you're admitting that BlackBerry isn't able to create competitive devices.

We can make any excuse we want, but the end result is the same. In my opinion, saying "BlackBerry can't afford to waste money on specs" is just another way of saying "BlackBerry isn't capable of competeting with other smartphone manufactures".

If they can't compete, than they should get out of the smartphone business as soon as possible. Why continue to release uncompetitive devices that won't sell as well as they need too?

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    07-20-13 09:14 AM
35 12