Hey guys... this one is as mind boggling as it is worrisome.

Last week I bought a Verizon Z30 from another CB member who had originally bought it to use on AT&T, but later decided to instead get the unlocked Z30 from shopblackberry.com. The device was practically new and it's definitely worth the upgrade from the Z10.

Before he shipped it to me, he used Link's device transfer to switch all his data/settings over to his new Z30 and did a security wipe on the VZW Z30. When I first powered it on, I got the initial configuration screens as if it was a brand new device. I logged in with my BBID, set up my gmail/outlook/box/facebook/twitter/blackberry travel accounts, etc. I then used Link's device transfer to switch from my Z10 to the Z30. All was well, and everything seemed to be working perfectly.

Until I started getting trip update notifications for trips that weren't mine. I do have some pending travel on my BlackBerry travel app so I figured at first that it was just some glitch with the airport names/flight numbers so I just ignored it. But they kept coming: flight delays, gate changes, rental car updates, the "welcome to __" weather report.

Just out of curiosity I emailed the previous Z30 owner and asked him if he happened to be traveling to ___ and renting from ___. "Why yes. I am" he replied.

Last night I received a travel summary for what must be a brand new trip (busy guy).

I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling BB travel, changing notification settings within BB travel, soft reset, hard reset (no battery pull unfortunately), and nothing seems to have fixed the issue. I should also note that when I open the actual BlackBerry travel app it only shows my upcoming trips (to very different regions), and does not show any of the information that's being pushed via the notifications. The only thing I haven't tried is another security wipe, simply because they are so painfully slow and apparently didn't work anyway.

It's as if the notifications are pushed directly to a device PIN and not to a BBID or via the app, and somehow his BlackBerry travel account is still associated to my Z30 device pin.

Now, I'm not really a shady person (at least for my standards), but given the right (wrong) circumstances, I can see something like this being a potentially huge business/security issue for certain individuals and businesses.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue? How can it be resolved?
    04-02-14 12:55 PM
    hi there, have you tried logging in here https://travel.blackberry.com/trips/login.html and see if there are anything there you can re set?
    04-02-14 01:08 PM
    hi there, have you tried logging in here https://travel.blackberry.com/trips/login.html and see if there are anything there you can re set?
    I did go into mine, but there is nothing I can find regarding devices. I was hoping to find something similar to what the BlackBerry Protect portal shows, allowing you to remove devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 01:11 PM
    Sounds like travel is attached to the PIN and not ID?
    04-02-14 01:12 PM
    I did go into mine, but there is nothing I can find regarding devices. I was hoping to find something similar to what the BlackBerry Protect portal shows, allowing you to remove devices.

Posted via CB10
    hmm just checked too, I think you are right .. hmm let's explore further...
    04-02-14 01:14 PM
    Have you tried opening the notifications when they come in?
    04-02-14 01:16 PM
    Have you tried opening the notifications when they come in?
    That was my first reaction, and basically it just opens the app and shows the list of my trips (nothing related to the notification at all).

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 01:21 PM
    Sounds like travel is attached to the PIN and not ID?
    Agree.
    Seems like when BB travel is "activated" with new login, they forget to "unregister" the PIN from any other BB ID.
    You really should report this to BlackBerry. Normally they don't charge if it is a product defect, and this certainly sound like one.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-14 02:53 PM
    I had the same issue when I upgraded from my z10 to z30.

Fortunately for me I gave my z10 to my dad so only he got my trip updates.

I never figured out how to rectify this issue.

Let me know how you make out.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    04-02-14 07:20 PM
    This happened to me too. I switched to a different device and I still receive emails about the new owners trip. I logged to the online blackberry travel website and changed my password on there . This is alarming as its a complete privacy breach for the other party and for the information that may have remained on there after I did a security wipe.
    04-02-14 07:27 PM
    Wow, I was really hoping it was just a one off glitch due to some thing in the order in which we did the switch/transfer.

That would be pretty bad if it is more widespread.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:33 PM
    This happened to me too. I switched to a different device and I still receive emails about the new owners trip. I logged to the online blackberry travel website and changed my password on there . This is alarming as its a complete privacy breach for the other party and for the information that may have remained on there after I did a security wipe.
    Wait are you saying changing your password resolved the issue?

04-02-14 08:45 PM
    Subscribing to this thread as I change my devices frequently. Since the launch off BlackBerry 10 I've gone through at least 5 BlackBerry 10 devices that were at one point or another associated to my account and had BlackBerry Travel on them. All but one were since sold to various people.

Can you contact Bla1ze/Adam/Kevin with this information and get them to get BlackBerry's attention?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 08:51 PM
    I've been in contact with the seller and he also tried deleting and re-installing Travel, but I'm still getting his travel notifications.

Oh BlackBerry... never a dull moment.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 09:01 PM
    Bad flaw!

04-03-14 09:15 AM
    I haven't received other emails since but I changed it 2 weeks ago and the traveler might actually not be traveling currently. I don't know how to contact Bla1ze/Adam/Kevin/Easton . Any ideas ? I am no longer using a blackberry unfortunately as my job required apps that weren't available but with 10.2 I am considering switching back .
    04-03-14 01:55 PM
    I haven't received other emails since but I changed it 2 weeks ago and the traveler might actually not be traveling currently. I don't know how to contact Bla1ze/Adam/Kevin/Easton . Any ideas ? I am no longer using a blackberry unfortunately as my job required apps that weren't available but with 10.2 I am considering switching back .
    I bought pk's attention to the thread and is passing it on to the men.
    04-04-14 06:58 AM
    It happened to iphone too from what I read but it resolved itself over time once the record is refreshed in server somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 07:09 AM
    I recently switched from a Z10 to a Z30. I am planning on selling the Z10 once I get T-Mobile to unlock it. I have not yet done a security wipe, but the phone has no sim card and is in airplane mode. But it still gets my BlackBerry Travel notifications! How is that even possible?

Has anyone figured out how to move BlackBerry Travel to a new device?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 07:31 AM
    What about using the "close account" option from the BBTravel app? And then setting up a new one on your new device?
    Of course that might remove any information you have saved, but you can just have it re-add that later right..?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    04-04-14 07:38 AM
    What about using the "close account" option from the BBTravel app? And then setting up a new one on your new device?
    I just tried that. It closed my account and deleted all my travel records. I already had Travel on my new Z30, but now that seems to be useless since it won't connect to the web site anymore. I had to sign up for a new account online. Then I had to delete it from my Z30 and re-install it to start over.

A better solution might be just to delete BlackBerry Travel from the old phone.
    Last edited by Nels; 04-04-14 at 09:21 AM.
    04-04-14 08:49 AM
    Of course that might remove any information you have saved, but you can just have it re-add that later right..?

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    I imagine if the previous device owner opens an entirely new account (maybe even requiring a new email associated to it?), and abandons his current account, then perhaps they would stop the notifications (but only because no new trips are being added to it). However that's a very lousy "solution".

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 08:49 AM
    Mods - should this thread be moved to the BlackBerry 10 Apps forum?
    04-04-14 09:22 AM
    Any new thoughts on this? I moved to a Z30 and gave my dad my old Z10 (his previous one died) and he is getting my updates just like the OP. I did a full security wipe and everything. Changed the BB Travel password; still no luck. Hopefully we can find a resolution soon.
    04-30-14 05:08 PM
    Just found a "close my account" option on the travel website. Has anyone tried this is? If so, were you able to reopen it with the same email account? My hope is that by closing, it will remove all associations with the PINs and then reopen and hope it only associates with my current PIN. Thoughts?
    04-30-14 05:21 PM
40 12