Do we really need a thread on why someone DOES NOT want the Z30...?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:57 PM
    Do we really need a thread on why someone DOES NOT want the Z30...?

Posted via CB10
    Sure! I'm waiting for it to be on 6 o'clock news. I thought you knew, everyone wants to know. LOL.
    10-02-13 06:19 AM
    Let's pretend that there are some jagged edges on the icons. My friend in Singapore has one and he says he doesn't see that. But let's roll with it and say it's widespread. That would have to be one of the very last reasons I'd choose not to get a device. Of course I'm not OCreDiculous either. To each their own.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 07:54 AM
    Lucas Atkins ‏@UberLucas 30 Sep People asking why I'm not comparing Z30 to newer devices... imo it's not fair, since the Z30 is using 2yr old specs.

Lucas Atkins ‏@UberLucas 29 Sep I wish the Z30 was 1080p. Noticeable jagged edges on icons compared to Z10. Just have to wait until next year

So, the editor of N4BB is a liar?
    he may very well be as for the 2 year old specs is a load of ****, krait 300 is a 2013 technology so i will completely disregard what the guy wrote as he clearly doesn't know what hes talking about, fitting in the same boat as everyone else that says the Z30 is built on old technology and the same as the Z10 but a larger screen. its like saying Apple hasn't changed the iPhone5s from the iPhone5 and that its dual core is 2 year old technology.

the Z10 isn't even built on 2 year old tech, the chip is from 2012 so maybe its 1.5 years.

jagged my ***, my old 9900 with a 285 ppi doesn't even have jagged icon

The reason I'm not buying the Z30 is..-z30-chip.jpg

only device this chip is used in is the Z30, it may be a Pro base chip but with an updated CPU
    Last edited by GTiLeo; 10-02-13 at 12:10 PM.
    10-02-13 10:33 AM
    Because it's basically a bigger Z10..

Posted via CB10
    Same. And the last thing I need is a bigger phone. The Z10 hits that sweet spot for me.
    10-02-13 11:21 AM
    Well, I just bought the Z30. I'm just too weak to resist I guess.

So far so good.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 11:35 AM
    No money, can only dream it...

Channel : C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    10-02-13 11:41 AM
    Lucas Atkins ‏@UberLucas 30 Sep People asking why I'm not comparing Z30 to newer devices... imo it's not fair, since the Z30 is using 2yr old specs.

Lucas Atkins ‏@UberLucas 29 Sep I wish the Z30 was 1080p. Noticeable jagged edges on icons compared to Z10. Just have to wait until next year

So, the editor of N4BB is a liar?
    I don't know how it isn't fair to compare when the the 30 just released. It isn't anyone else's fault BBRY put older hardware in it. If it released the same year as something else it certainly should be compared.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-02-13 11:43 AM
    Yeah I think alot of people would like this. I want synced BBIDs for BBM but having not to purchase app and freely use them on all devices would be nice too
    Most apps can be used freely like that, the only exceptions I have noticed are some like Nobex where if you pay for the premium version you only have that enabled on the one device at a time.
    10-02-13 11:48 AM
    he may very well be as for the 2 year old specs is a load of ****, krait 300 is a 2013 technology so i will completely disregard what the guy wrote as he clearly doesn't know what hes talking about, fitting in the same boat as everyone else that says the Z30 is built on old technology and the same as the Z10 but a larger screen. its like saying Apple hasn't changed the iPhone5s from the iPhone5 and that its dual core is 2 year old technology.

the Z10 isn't even built on 2 year old tech, the chip is from 2012 so maybe its 1.5 years.

jagged my ***, my old 9900 with a 285 ppi doesn't even have jagged icon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z30 chip.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	207153

only device this chip is used in is the Z30, it may be a Pro base chip but with an updated CPU
    Pretty sure a UBER fan of Blackberry and editor of a popular BB fan site is slightly more credible than the "enthusiastic" new owners here. Maybe not. You're shooting the wrong messenger.
    10-02-13 03:52 PM
    No comment on the jagged icon issues (but I highly doubt it unless it's from some two bit dev who doesn't know how to optimize an image and uses basic pixel art.)

But I certainly use both my Z10 and Q10 daily without doing anything other than swapping the sim card loading up BBM and and hitting switch device. Your BBM contacts can't tell and though you loose any open convos you had on the previous phone their convos stay open and they can't tell it's a different device.

Contacts in this day and age should be synced to email accounts so that's not a problem add a contact to one phone it syncs to your email address and is downloaded when you swap phones.

App world I have no issues with either, though it's possible if some apps you use have a licsene per device you might have issues but I don't have any.

I am thinking about making the switch to the Z30 because I find while I love my Z10 (and the keyboard) the slight size difference isn't as big of a deal to me and I find myself using my Q10 longer after work each day.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-02-13 11:59 PM
    Thank you for sharing your experience of using two devices with one BBID. Very helpful.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    10-03-13 12:31 AM
    Weak

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:13 AM
    No comment on the jagged icon issues (but I highly doubt it unless it's from some two bit dev who doesn't know how to optimize an image and uses basic pixel art.)

But I certainly use both my Z10 and Q10 daily without doing anything other than swapping the sim card loading up BBM and and hitting switch device. Your BBM contacts can't tell and though you loose any open convos you had on the previous phone their convos stay open and they can't tell it's a different device.

Contacts in this day and age should be synced to email accounts so that's not a problem add a contact to one phone it syncs to your email address and is downloaded when you swap phones.

App world I have no issues with either, though it's possible if some apps you use have a licsene per device you might have issues but I don't have any.

I am thinking about making the switch to the Z30 because I find while I love my Z10 (and the keyboard) the slight size difference isn't as big of a deal to me and I find myself using my Q10 longer after work each day.

Posted via CB10
    They do know it's different if they pay attention to your pin. Swapping one BBID between devices is a pain, which I why many (myself included) recommend one BBID per device - handy if you can't sign-in using using one BBID for instance.
    10-06-13 08:42 AM
    You just have to sign in when you switch phones and it pulls are your data. I don't see the hassle here.

9700 > 9900 > Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.4633
    10-06-13 12:25 PM
    You just have to sign in when you switch phones and it pulls are your data. I don't see the hassle here.
    It is also only BBM that is that fussy too as other stuff like BB world is perfectly happy for you to use the same bbid on more than one device.
    10-06-13 04:29 PM
    It is also only BBM that is that fussy too as other stuff like BB world is perfectly happy for you to use the same bbid on more than one device.
    I tried logging in to BlackBerry World on my Z10 using the BBID I usually use for my Q10, and I wasn't able. Had to use my Z10 BBID.

BlackBerry Travel DOES let you use the same BBID on different devices though.
    10-06-13 07:31 PM
    IMHO, with the company current status quo, Z30 is quite expensive...

Posted via Z10
    10-06-13 09:23 PM
43 12