As much tempted as I'm to order one right away, I think I'll pass.

Have a Q10 and love it, and would love to use my blackberry ID (for BBM) on both devices, Q10 and Z30, but unfortunately it seems that blackberry is never implementing that. It's a hassle to keep switching between the 2 phones.

You think BlackBerry will ever allow that? Of course messages have to be synchronized between devices; pretty much like imessages, which is pretty much perfect.

The day BlackBerry implements that I'll get a Z30 in a heart beat.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:12 PM
    Just bought mine, never thought I'd return to full touchscreen, but the form factor and the bb keyboard should make it tolerable! I'll have to explore what it will be like to have the two devices - I also have the Q10. So what you're saying is that I can't use my blackberry ID on both phones?

Have a Q10 and love it, and would love to use my blackberry ID (for BBM) on both devices, Q10 and Z30, but unfortunately it seems that blackberry is never implementing that. It's a hassle to keep switching between the 2 phones.

You think BlackBerry will ever allow that? Of course messages have to be synchronized between devices; pretty much like imessages, which is pretty much perfect.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:16 PM
    Yeah I think alot of people would like this. I want synced BBIDs for BBM but having not to purchase app and freely use them on all devices would be nice too
    09-28-13 08:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    How is it a hassle? I have ONE BlackBerry ID for my Q10 and Z10. All I do is put my sim card in.. You don't need to have a separate BBID for each device. The only thing I have to do is go to BBM and "switch devices" and I'm ready to roll.

Yeah I think alot of people would like this. I want synced BBIDs for BBM but having not to purchase app and freely use them on all devices would be nice too
    What do you mean? I buy apps once and then if they are compatible on the other phone, I can just go into BlackBerry World and go to My World ---> My Apps & Games and then download them under the Available tab. You don't have to pay again. This was similar to when I had two 9900s and a 9810. Buy an app on one phone, and be able to use it on all 3! (except UberSocial, a license was tied to each device PIN)
    09-28-13 08:45 PM
    Just bought mine, never thought I'd return to full touchscreen, but the form factor and the bb keyboard should make it tolerable! I'll have to explore what it will be like to have the two devices - I also have the Q10. So what you're saying is that I can't use my blackberry ID on both phones?
    Not sure about blackberry world, but Bbm would only work on one device.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 08:45 PM
    It's weak sauce.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 01:51 AM
    Sometimes in life it's the little things that matter. OP, I totally agree with you. BlackBerry should strive to be at least at par with what the competitors offer. I also have Apple products and they are all synchronized.
    Great suggestion. BlackBerry get this done asap.
    09-30-13 11:15 AM
    Because it's basically a bigger Z10..

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 12:54 PM
    How is it a hassle? I have ONE BlackBerry ID for my Q10 and Z10. All I do is put my sim card in.. You don't need to have a separate BBID for each device. The only thing I have to do is go to BBM and "switch devices" and I'm ready to roll.
    You go to bbm and "switch devices" or do you go to bblink and "switch devices"?
    I thought that feature was in bblink..

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:26 PM
    Because it's basically a bigger Z10..

Posted via CB10
    basically its not.
    donmateo likes this.
    09-30-13 09:31 PM
    I'm locked into my carrier contract as I upgraded early to get a Z10 can't afford to buy one off contract at the moment. Hopefully in 18 months blackberry will still be making phones and I can get it then lol

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 10:12 PM
    Regarding BBID, ideally it's one per device unless you want to keep swapping which makes it a pain for your contacts and group admins.

BlackBerry have done this from a security standpoint.
    09-30-13 10:40 PM

What do you mean? I buy apps once and then if they are compatible on the other phone, I can just go into BlackBerry World and go to My World ---> My Apps & Games and then download them under the Available tab. You don't have to pay again. This was similar to when I had two 9900s and a 9810. Buy an app on one phone, and be able to use it on all 3! (except UberSocial, a license was tied to each device PIN)
    Always amazing who it is that actually perpetuates the BS around here?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 12:20 AM
    Well, I'll be adding the Z30 to the Q10 I already own, so it'd be good to know exactly what the facts are, regarding switching sims and BBIDs between two devices. Is it possible, and if so...is it a pain in the rear to do so on a daily basis?

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    10-01-13 11:01 AM
    Well, I'll be adding the Z30 to the Q10 I already own, so it'd be good to know exactly what the facts are, regarding switching sims and BBIDs between two devices. Is it possible, and if so...is it a pain in the rear to do so on a daily basis?

If you're constantly switching BBID's get a second one and add your contacts to that too.
    BlackBerry didn't design BBID's for daily switching.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    10-01-13 01:05 PM
    My plan was to buy the Z30 and use it for a quite while to see if I liked it (and see if I can live without a physical keyboard), and if I did I'd give hubby my Q10. But I wanted to use both daily to compare and see which I preferred. And I didn't really want to buy apps twice.

10-01-13 04:05 PM

this don't think many know how to use their own phones, but hey theres really no need to buy a Z30 if you have a Q10 and are happy with it. i'm happy with my Z10 but would like to get a Z10, will i who knows, if the price is right i might but its unnessissary spending if i do
    10-01-13 04:13 PM
    this don't think many know how to use their own phones, but hey theres really no need to buy a Z30 if you have a Q10 and are happy with it. i'm happy with my Z10 but would like to get a Z10, will i who knows, if the price is right i might but its unnessissary spending if i do
    Yaouza!!!!!
    10-01-13 04:18 PM
    I do love my Q10 for its keyboard, but I've enjoyed B10 so much that I've found myself using it a lot for browsing and media, but the screen is fairly small on the Q10.

It's not unnecessary spending for me, because hubby needs a new phone in the next few months (and wants BB10), and is happy with either my current Q10 or the new Z30, if I find that I prefer my Q10's physical keyboard over the Z30's virtual one.

Edit: I'm a computer tech and quite the geek(ette) with a love of tech gadgets, so I know how to use my phone quite well. I just knew very little about using same BBID on two phones.

10-01-13 04:19 PM
    I'm waiting for the Z40,...or Z50!

JMDZ10
    10-01-13 04:53 PM
    Yaouza!!!!!
    to which part?
    10-01-13 05:38 PM
    This will be the first Blackberry model I won't buy. It's not as nice as the Z10, just has a bigger screen and slightly better battery. The screen isn't as good, PPI wise and from reports the icons and text on the screen have jagged edges. That would annoy the hell out of me.

So, basically, it's a Z10 with a diminished user experience.
    10-01-13 05:44 PM
    This will be the first Blackberry model I won't buy. It's not as nice as the Z10, just has a bigger screen and slightly better battery. The screen isn't as good, PPI wise and from reports the icons and text on the screen have jagged edges. That would annoy the hell out of me.

Well that's completely factual, except the parts about it being just like a z10 and a diminished user experience. Oh and slightly better battery. But you're dead on. Well other than the parts that aren't.
    But I'm glad you ignored the speed differences and faster quad core gpu. Because no way that should be mentioned. Because after all, it's exactly like z10.

In all seriousness, get it or don't, makes me no difference. If its not as much of a jump in specs for you to purchase that's cool. But don't ignore the facts. It's quite a big jump from the z10, and not "basically a z10".

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 06:16 PM

lol jagged icons, i don't believe this one bit, not one single bit, the icons on the Z30 have been shrunk down to allow more to fit in the grid, meaning the pixels are more compressed and would result in a cleaner icon. honestly i think folks are makign such things up because they know the pixel density and are just trying to justify a lower spec, just an FYI i compared my cousins SGS4 1080p OLED with my Z10, and honestly theres not much differance not even in color and the Z30 has a much nicer display then the Z10 does.

bottom line peoples minds are easily tricked by marketing schemes the only real way to tell is to try things with an open mind, do go in closed off because superficial numbers seem higher on one then another
    10-01-13 10:00 PM
    lol jagged icons, i don't believe this one bit, not one single bit, the icons on the Z30 have been shrunk down to allow more to fit in the grid, meaning the pixels are more compressed and would result in a cleaner icon. honestly i think folks are makign such things up because they know the pixel density and are just trying to justify a lower spec, just an FYI i compared my cousins SGS4 1080p OLED with my Z10, and honestly theres not much differance not even in color and the Z30 has a much nicer display then the Z10 does.

bottom line peoples minds are easily tricked by marketing schemes the only real way to tell is to try things with an open mind, do go in closed off because superficial numbers seem higher on one then another
    Lucas Atkins ‏@UberLucas 30 Sep People asking why I'm not comparing Z30 to newer devices... imo it's not fair, since the Z30 is using 2yr old specs.

Lucas Atkins ‏@UberLucas 29 Sep I wish the Z30 was 1080p. Noticeable jagged edges on icons compared to Z10. Just have to wait until next year

So, the editor of N4BB is a liar?
    10-01-13 11:38 PM
43 12