Does BlackBerry World or snap have an Rbc banking app on Rogers that allows tap payments?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 09:22 PM
    I have the RBC app from BlackBerry World, and there is no tap payment feature.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    04-21-15 09:24 PM
    Yes there is if your able to get a nfc sim card which I was able to get for rbc so I can use my phone to pay. Youll have to delete and reinstall the rbc app for the nfc tap option to show up in the app.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    04-22-15 07:42 AM
    Yes but it is only for a certain carrier. Bell or Telus I believe. Not Rogers
    04-22-15 09:13 AM
    Definitely not Telus

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 09:36 AM
    Guys, it's Bell.

The app is specifically limited to Bell phones with an "nfc-enabled" simcard. Bell sells those for $5, assuming you're already on Bell.

The tap-to-pay feature has been working on my Z30 since fall, 2014.

When I first tried to set it up, it wouldn't work so I called RBC and they put me thru a process which accomplished nothing. They said it wasn't working because my phone was unlocked. My Z30 was on 10.3.0 at the time. Then, a couple of weeks later, when 10.3.1.1xxx leaked out, I loaded it and boom, the 'tap-to-pay' feature worked... on my unlocked Z30.

During the RBC process, I asked the tech support person when they would roll this feature out to other carriers, and they said they were working on it. But wouldn't give a date.

I believe if you check the app description in BBW, it states it is limited to Bell.

I've used the tap-to-pay feature numerous times all over Calgary and Banff, including at the Sunshine skihill, Safeway stores, Starbucks, Nordstrom, Co-op Grocery Store, basically anywhere they take the tap cards. Everytime I've used it, the cashier says he or she has never seen anyone do that with their cellphone before.

As you know, there are a couple of Sony & Samsung models listed on the RBC list of permitted devices. But I guess the folks with those phones aren't using this feature. But I am!!!

It's very cool to finally be using my 18 month old BlackBerry to do something most other phones can't do, and that includes the brand new iPhone 6/6+. Hahahaha!!!
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 04-22-15 at 11:22 AM.
    Polotis and Gatmyer like this.
    04-22-15 11:02 AM
    Very jealous Patrick! Enjoy it!!
    I'll just be here waiting for Rogers to stop trying to shove their crappy tap to pay system.
    04-23-15 12:19 AM
    I believe the Scotiabank app has tap-to-pay and it only works with Rogers simcards.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 02:00 AM
    Yes but it is only for a certain carrier. Bell or Telus I believe. Not Rogers
    Bell.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    04-23-15 05:12 AM
    I'm not sure if this came up but the RBC wallet app works perfectly (several times) on a Rogers NFC enabled sim.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android PRIV
    04-20-16 06:45 PM
    RBC Wallet requires Android 4.4 and so we BB10 users are out of luck. I like that the Android version of the RBC app has the cheque photo deposit feature though, and so I may switch to that version instead of the BB10 one. Any advice?
    05-17-16 04:36 PM
    Had the same problem with the rbc app and Rogers. Did not work for me. Questioned rbc on FB about a year ago, when apple pay was announced, if Rogers customers would have access to mobile payments, not just bell customers. Response was not satisfactory, so after 20 years as a rbc customer, closed my accounts. Switched to Scotia. (there is more issues with the switch than just mobile payments. Poor customer service with my accounts had a factor as well)

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 08:38 PM
    I believe the Scotiabank app has tap-to-pay and it only works with Rogers simcards.

Posted via CB10
    Half right, Scotia has it, works great on Telus.

 Pr1ngle
    05-18-16 06:29 PM