I got my white z30 earlier this week and instantly fell in love. Coming from a z10, I was stricken by just how much larger it was compared to its predecessor. It really is the big brother!

So given its size, I was wondering if my days of one handed use were over (at least to the extent and frequency that I was doing it with the z10). I also felt that one handed use was history for me after reading all the threads of dropped and smashed z30s led me to get the otterbox commuter.

Amazingly I'm finding myself being just as efficient and productive one handed with the 30 as I was with the 10... even with the added bulk of the Otterbox. The flick typing is the key and my thumb has no problems reaching 80% of the screen area (although bringing down the settings menu from the top requires a pretty good thumb stretch!).

I have average sized man hands (classic Seinfeld episode!) so I'm really happy and surprised at how quickly I was able to adjust. Although I'm quite certain that the strongest muscles in my body now reside in my fingers!

Anyone else have success using their z30 one handed? How long did it take for you to adjust if you came from the z10?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 10:13 PM
    If I could get a Z30 I would tell you

Glad you are enjoying it!
    12-13-13 07:10 AM
    I used mine one handed after day 2. once in a while I would have to adjust my hand by sliding phone out to reach the top left corner but it is rare and I can do it easily now. Close my fingers and push the right side with my palm, then reach with thumb and slide back.
    12-13-13 07:16 AM
    I agree. While I've had my phone for roughly a month now it truly is a joy to use one handed or two handed. Not to mention the keyboard which was unbelievably easy to adapt to coming from a Bold user. Keep up the good work BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:52 AM
    Its hard to bring down the settings bar with one hand!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 07:59 AM
    I would say for speed in terms of typing two hands are best. But one can still be very functional using a single had. In terms of navigation I think one or two hands is fine. I too wasn't sure about the extra size, but using it for 2 weeks now and I life it more and more all the time

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 01:09 PM