Does the Z30 have wireless charging ,wireless HDMI and Miracast ? Any insights

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:38 PM
    No wireless charging

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 04:39 PM
    I was excited about this phone, but not any more.

A 5 inch display is awesome, but only 720p sucks. That will be a pixelated mess. Any screen size above about 4.7 inches needs a 1080p display. All of the top Android phones with big screens are 1080. Windows Phone is about to go 1080 with GDR3 as well.

BlackBerry left behind again.
    09-18-13 05:07 PM
    Wireless HDMI and Miracast is going to be present from what I was told

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 05:13 PM

A 5 inch display is awesome, but only 720p sucks. That will be a pixelated mess. Any screen size above about 4.7 inches needs a 1080p display. All of the top Android phones with big screens are 1080. Windows Phone is about to go 1080 with GDR3 as well.

Oh really now

Member of Squircle of Trust!
    09-18-13 05:35 PM
    Z30 USB support BlackBerry Z30 Supports USB Host with OS 10.2 - http://n4bb.com/blackberry-z30-suppo...-host-os-10-2/

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:26 AM
    Wireless Charging Verizon Scoring Exclusive for White BlackBerry Z30 and Wireless Charging? - http://n4bb.com/verizon-scoring-excl...less-charging/

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 03:27 AM
    Oh really now

Keep in mind that the Z30 doesn't have a "real" 720 screen.
    It's an AMOLED display using Samsung sub-pixel rendering, also knows as Pentile. At 1080 resolution the Pentile screens are tolerable, but at 720, you'll notice the jagged edges on text, etc.
    09-20-13 03:38 AM
    Speaking out of your *** again?
    I am using it and there is no jagged edge. My font size is set to 5.
    Keep in mind that the Z30 doesn't have a "real" 720 screen.
    It's an AMOLED display using Samsung sub-pixel rendering, also knows as Pentile. At 1080 resolution the Pentile screens are tolerable, but at 720, you'll notice the jagged edges on text, etc.
    09-20-13 03:48 AM

Hmm. Looks at my 4.7" Nexus 4 screen, with a 1280x768 resolution. It sure as hell don't look pixelated to me and it's not a 1080p screen.
    09-20-13 04:00 AM
    Hmm. Looks at my 4.7" Nexus 4 screen, with a 1280x768 resolution. It sure as hell don't look pixelated to me and it's not a 1080p screen.
    Yes it is, I've seen one. It looks fine if your expectations are low. The Nexus 4 is also a YEAR old. 720p was ok in 2012. Not in 2013.
    09-20-13 04:28 AM
    Yes it is, I've seen one. It looks fine if your expectations are low. The Nexus 4 is also a YEAR old. 720p was ok in 2012. Not in 2013.
    Unbelievable. The N4 specs actually hold up well to current smartphones. But who cares, the N5 is getting announced in a couple of weeks.
    09-20-13 05:24 AM
    My 50" 720 plazma looks good to me. I can't imagine a 5" phone is going to look worse lol

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 05:57 AM
    Thread moved to the Z30 Forum.

Also, a few rude, bickering type posts have been pruned.
    [WARN]Everyone:
    Remember to keep it civil at all times![/WARN]
    09-20-13 07:35 AM
    Nope, I'll leave the a** speaking to you...

It's a fact that the Z30 uses one of Samsungs awful SAMOLED screens, complete with overblown colors and jagged Pentile displays.

You might not notice or mind, great for you, but lots of people do, and find them vastly inferior to a LED or LCD screen. Just look at the reviews for Samsungs older SAMOLED displays...
    09-20-13 07:42 AM
    Samsung's two latest smartphones (GS4 and Note 3) were both 1080p, LG's G2 is 1080p, the HTC One is 1080p, the Sony Xperia Z is 1080p, Nokia is about to release a 1080p phone. That Z30 is 12 months behind in screen technology.

But it gets worse. It's only an S4 Pro processor. the latest Android devices are running the Snapdragon 800 chip, TWO generations further ahead of this. It's rumoured that the new Nokia will run the 800 as well. Bad news.
    ajst222 likes this.
    09-20-13 07:55 AM
    Samsung's two latest smartphones (GS4 and Note 3) were both 1080p, LG's G2 is 1080p, the HTC One is 1080p, the Sony Xperia Z is 1080p, Nokia is about to release a 1080p phone. That Z30 is 12 months behind in screen technology.

But it gets worse. It's only an S4 Pro processor. the latest Android devices are running the Snapdragon 800 chip, TWO generations further ahead of this. It's rumoured that the new Nokia will run the 800 as well. Bad news.
    Do you own a BB10 smart phone?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:29 AM
    My 50" 720 plazma looks good to me. I can't imagine a 5" phone is going to look worse lol

Posted via CB10
    Oh my gosh...are you serious? I hate it when people try to make these comparisons. How far away is your TV from your face? How far away is your phone from your face?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:37 AM
    Oh really now

Great commentary.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 08:37 AM
    Do you own a BB10 smart phone?

Posted via CB10

Irregardless of whether he owns a BB10 phone or not, the point is that these are the factors that consumers look for in comparing devices when making that purchase. Camera, Display Resolution, Storage Space. There are other gimmicky things that are slapped onto devices to make them sell, but those big 3 need to be both comparably set to the competition, and a step up from the previous generation.

Camera - same as previous bb10 models. Should it have received an upgrade? Yes. Both Apple and Nokia pride themselves in upping the camera specifications with each new device, and it shows in their marketing focus, as well as sales. A better sensor, a panoramic option, better zoom, a gimmicky lens...something should have been in here.

Storage space - We are starting to get some app traction but that also means that developers are making larger apps. Storage needs to keep up with this. Its not uncommon to have a game eat up close to a gig. Would it kill them to slap another 16gb and make it a 32gb storage? That alone would have pushed me to upgrade my Z10 to this.

Resolution - Oh dear...we seem to have not upgraded or stayed still, but gone back. Yes I know this resolution allows for 720p and 16:9, but there really is no excuse for this being released / targeted for the late 2013 window. I feel that resolution has always been their Achilles heel - they just don't get it that screen resolution /ppi is not going to max out, but rather continually improve.

To put it another way, are you going to go the car dealership, ask for a new car and then shown a model that is 2 years old (that still has the current year sticker price?). Better yet, would you trade in your 2010 vehicle for the updated 2013 version of the same vehicle that oddly has the exact same configuration / options but no longer has a radio?
    ajst222 likes this.
    09-20-13 08:55 AM
    People;

Why the bickering? a) have you seen the phone yet? have you eyeballed the screen? Until you have, doing this dance is useless. b) The most competitive phone maker does not run a 1080p screen and they are doing fine ( I even think the screen is made by Samsung or LG). Stop ranting on specs. What has changed from 2012 to 2013? beside marketing spin?

You can be sure the images will be crisp,clear and fine. The only thing you will notice, is that the battery will last all day, so that you can see the crisp , clear images and text longer than your pals who are plugged in waiting for a charge.
    09-20-13 08:57 AM
    Partial comments from a reviewer:

"Catching our attention even more than the design is the handset’s display, which is a 5-inch 720p AMOLED display. At first glance, we don’t believe it’s an AMOLED panel, mainly because its color reproduction doesn’t have the same distinctive over-saturated tones that are prominent with the display technology. Instead, it looks like it’s a bit more subtle, which we find to be less straining to the eyes under lower lighting situations at full brightness. As always, viewing angles are rock steady with this one, as it doesn’t distort much at wide angles. In this day and age, 720p resolution on a 5-inch display might seem dated, but frankly, it’s hardly noticeable from a normal viewing distance. In fact, our eyes tell us right away that it’s a sharp looking one."

source: BlackBerry Z30 hands-on
    09-20-13 09:06 AM
    People;

Why the bickering? a) have you seen the phone yet? have you eyeballed the screen? Until you have, doing this dance is useless. b) The most competitive phone maker does not run a 1080p screen and they are doing fine ( I even think the screen is made by Samsung or LG). Stop ranting on specs. What has changed from 2012 to 2013? beside marketing spin?

You can be sure the images will be crisp,clear and fine. The only thing you will notice, is that the battery will last all day, so that you can see the crisp , clear images and text longer than your pals who are plugged in waiting for a charge.
    Let me get this straight...you tell people to not to make assumptions until the phone is out, but then you go on and make assumptions?
    09-20-13 09:13 AM
    Let me get this straight...you tell people to not to make assumptions until the phone is out, but then you go on and make assumptions?
    What assumption? quoting Blackberry is an assumption? "25 hr mixed use battery life". While I take that with a grain of salt it's still a bump up from what I have used and experienced on my S4 and Z10.

I'm not on this forum to be contentious with other BB users, I am stating that we should at least touch and feel 1st...then comment. Adding vitriol to the already negative perception of the BB brand is not in the best interest of the folks who like this product. That is my only point. If the product is bad fire away, it's great to expect more and demand more, maybe that will help better products come out.
    09-20-13 09:42 AM
    Agreed. Have mine set to 7 and have never noticed any jagged edges or pixelation.
    Actually find the screen to be quite sharp.

---

- Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?
    -That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?
    -No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.
    09-20-13 09:45 AM
37 12