No, actually I'm doing just fine. Plenty of fiber and lots of liquids helps I actually like the fact that somebody decided to start posting actual pictures who owns both devices, I just want him to do it properly. Also, it would be nice if he took a picture from roughly the same distance of the home screen.
    What are you talking about. They are some the same distance.
    11-07-13 04:24 PM
    To anyone who is looking at this thread, go to the store buy the z30 and use it for the max time you can before returning it, so 14-30 days, then come back on here and tell the world the screen is awful, don't sit at home comparing to every unit on the planet, watching videos and running exhaustive hi tech test with thousands of dollars in test equipment.

just use the damn thing and let us know how you like the phone as a package a total package screen resolution don't mean squat if everything else is below par, me thinks a very large number of folks are gonna rave about the phone.

Thanks

From the Z30 of Rockivy @10.2.0.1791
    11-07-13 04:26 PM
    You have anal retentive issues man, that screen is fine.

No. He says it is horrible. Can't you see how jagged and unreadable the text it. Can you imagine how bad it would be to stare at this for anything more than an hour. You will go blind for f sake. The poster is out to lunch and he may never get back.
    11-07-13 04:27 PM
    What are you talking about. They are some the same distance.
    Take a picture of the home screen from the same distance as you have taken the other picture. Get it? You seem to be blinded by anger or something. What I said makes perfect sense. Your first picture was good, the zoom level on the site was not what I asked (you zoomed into a minor part of the content). That's it. Now go and take another two shots side by side like that keeping the camera roughly the same distance away as you did in the first shot you posted but this time do it with the default zoom of the site in question and another of the home screen?

More clear?

WOW. Just WOW. Better yet, why don't you take your Z30 and Z10 and do that for us. You are blowing just too much smoke. Or maybe you are inhaling it. The zoom levels are different and it would be like comparing apples to oranges. You have to use the same zoom level for proper comparison. But you probably don't want to do that do you.
    The zoom levels are not different, what the hell are you talking about? The site opens showing the exact same content. You've already made a fool of yourself by posting screen captures and then tried to cover it up with some pointless comment that I ignored and moved on to your real (and useful) content. When I ask you to continue, I get what...more lame excuses. Go ahead and do what I asked. It's in fact what I originally asked, isn't it (again rhetorical). I did not ask you to zoom into content (though even there you can see differences in clarity).
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-07-13 04:36 PM
    Take a picture of the home screen from the same distance as you have taken the other picture. Get it? You seem to be blinded by anger or something. What I said makes perfect sense. Your first picture was good, the zoom level on the site was not what I asked (you zoomed into a minor part of the content). That's it. Now go and take another two shots side by side like that keeping the camera roughly the same distance away as you did in the first shot you posted but this time do it with the default zoom of the site in question and another of the home screen?

More clear?
    What is not clear is your understanding about the Z30 and Z10 web browser. I did as you asked, opened the page you asked. Double pressed twice to zoom in and that what was I got for zoom. You are having some problems understanding that both phones were side by side when I took the picture. Can't you use your super vision powers to see that?

The zoom levels are not different, what the hell are you talking about? The site opens showing the exact same content. You've already made a fool of yourself by posting screen captures and then tried to cover it up with some pointless comment that I ignored and moved on to your real (and useful) content. When I ask you to continue, I get what...more lame excuses. Go ahead and do what I asked. It's in fact what I originally asked, isn't it (again rhetorical). I did not ask you to zoom into content (though even there you can see differences in clarity).
    I misspoke about the zoom levels. They are the same. I posted the screen shots to bait you into making a fool of yourself in calling the Z30 screen horrible. If you don't like what I did, why don't you take your Z30 and Z10 and do it yourself? Oh right.. You don't have one to compare to. You are complaining about something you don't even known. I zoomed into what you said. And if you can see differences in clarify, you are plainly lying. I have proven that the screen isn't horrible and painful to look at, you need to get a life and stop trolling. I have proved you wrong, you should skulk away.
    11-07-13 05:08 PM
    Ok I feel I need to stick my two cents in here.

First 720p seems fine for me personally.

Second the issue seems not to be the Z30 screen but that you can phones with better screens and specs in general for a similar price.

Now to be fair to BB economies of scale come in to play here but then that brings up BB's ability to compete with companies like Samsung who are telling consumers they need more.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using CB Forums mobile app
    MarsupilamiX and dejanh like this.
    11-07-13 05:33 PM
    In tht compared picture is the brightness up by full on both phones looks like the z10 is on half brightness

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:21 PM
    It's like asking two different people the colour of leaves in the fall you'll never get the same answer

As for a company telling us what we want is as old as time itself it's called marketing.

What we as consumer have to figure out is do we NEED what they are selling, in this case for a vast majority of people the fact some competitors phone is better just doesn't matter at all.

It all comes down to peacocking, you know mine is better than yours, mine is bigger than yours. Mine has more this and more that blah blah blah.

It's just ego, your not gonna convince me that the S4 is sooooo much better than a Z30 your just not the difference is minor but this joker seems to think we are comparing a car painted by a pro with somebody who painted his car with paint and a roller from Home Depot, come on the difference in so small as to be imperceptible to 99% of the people

11-07-13 06:24 PM
    It's just ego, your not gonna convince me that the S4 is sooooo much better than a Z30 your just not the difference is minor but this joker seems to think we are comparing a car painted by a pro with somebody who painted his car with paint and a roller from Home Depot, come on the difference in so small as to be imperceptible to 99% of the people

1) Apart from Display, Camera and ecosystem, the S4 isn't really better. It's an older flagship, just like the HTC one right now.
    We are talking about current flagships here....

2) For the price of the Z30, it's nearly obscene to not put in a 1080p display.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 06:27 PM
    In tht compared picture is the brightness up by full on both phones looks like the z10 is on half brightness

Posted via CB10
    The brightness was half on both. I will post a picture when them on full later.
    11-07-13 06:43 PM
    It's like asking two different people the colour of leaves in the fall you'll never get the same answer

As for a company telling us what we want is as old as time itself it's called marketing.

What we as consumer have to figure out is do we NEED what they are selling, in this case for a vast majority of people the fact some competitors phone is better just doesn't matter at all.

It all comes down to peacocking, you know mine is better than yours, mine is bigger than yours. Mine has more this and more that blah blah blah.

Rockivy,

MarsupilamiX is in marketing research. What do you expect from him?
    11-07-13 06:45 PM
    What is not clear is your understanding about the Z30 and Z10 web browser. I did as you asked, opened the page you asked. Double pressed twice to zoom in and that what was I got for zoom. You are having some problems understanding that both phones were side by side when I took the picture. Can't you use your super vision powers to see that?

I misspoke about the zoom levels. They are the same. I posted the screen shots to bait you into making a fool of yourself in calling the Z30 screen horrible. If you don't like what I did, why don't you take your Z30 and Z10 and do it yourself? Oh right.. You don't have one to compare to. You are complaining about something you don't even known. I zoomed into what you said. And if you can see differences in clarify, you are plainly lying. I have proven that the screen isn't horrible and painful to look at, you need to get a life and stop trolling. I have proved you wrong, you should skulk away.
    You my friend have serious problems with reading comprehension. No, I did not ask you or anyone to take a picture at some random zoom. I was very specific, two pictures, side by side at the default zoom level of that site, which is the FULL GOD-DAMN SITE BECAUSE THAT IS HOW IT OPENS ON BOTH DEVICES, and the home-screen. First you come in with screen-shots of the device which makes no sense. Then you do a shot close to what I was asking which is already showing differences (side note, I guess your "bait" failed). When I say to do it properly to really highlight the difference, you refuse citing that somehow I should do it and that I have no idea what I am talking about, and so on.

You also seem to have missed multiple posts where I state that I have done 2x 30 minute sessions with the Z10 beside the Z30, like right next to each other in same, even light, opening and viewing the same content, at the same time. You don't need days or weeks to tell the quality of the display. All that will happen when you have a crappy display over time is you will get used to it and it will feel "fine". So, you clearly lost your mind or you are doing this on purpose because you refuse to show the inferiority of the display. You even got confused about "same distance". Come on, give me a break. Who here is not paying attention?
    11-07-13 06:52 PM
    Good start and it's already starting to show differences, the URL, the lowercase "e", all the text in general. Notice the "fuzzy" effect on the Z30 (rhetorical, it's there)? Notice the red hue to the display?

Now do the test like I said. Open the site at default zoom level please, take that picture side by side and post it (you may need a better camera and/or better lighting). At about 8"-12" I can read the "Incisive Media Investments Limited 2013, Published by Incisive Financial Publishing Limited" etc. on the Z10. I want to see how legible it is on the Z30.
    Dude. You know you come off as ridiculous right?

Tomorrow, I'll post the same screen shot with the Z30 and the Nexus 5. I'll crop them and we'll play "guess which screen."
    11-07-13 07:10 PM
    You my friend have serious problems with reading comprehension. No, I did not ask you or anyone to take a picture at some random zoom. I was very specific, two pictures, side by side at the default zoom level of that site, which is the FULL GOD-DAMN SITE BECAUSE THAT IS HOW IT OPENS ON BOTH DEVICES, and the home-screen. First you come in with screen-shots of the device which makes no sense. Then you do a shot close to what I was asking which is already showing differences (side note, I guess your "bait" failed). When I say to do it properly to really highlight the difference, you refuse citing that somehow I should do it and that I have no idea what I am talking about, and so on.
    I will take it that English isn't your first language. As just opening up the web page isn't a zoom level. It is without any zoom. Is that what you mean? Because a default zoom level isn't without zoom. If you wanted to have it without zoom, when say so.

You also seem to have missed multiple posts where I state that I have done 2x 30 minute sessions with the Z10 beside the Z30, like right next to each other in same, even light, opening and viewing the same content, at the same time. You don't need days or weeks to tell the quality of the display. All that will happen when you have a crappy display over time is you will get used to it and it will feel "fine". So, you clearly lost your mind or you are doing this on purpose because you refuse to show the inferiority of the display. You even got confused about "same distance". Come on, give me a break. Who here is not paying attention?
    I really can't take someone seriously when they describe the Z30 screen as horrible. It just isn't truthful.
    11-07-13 07:28 PM
    Dude. You know you come off as ridiculous right?

Tomorrow, I'll post the same screen shot with the Z30 and the Nexus 5. I'll crop them and we'll play "guess which screen."
    Sounds fun! Can't wait to play! Just no color correction now and make sure that you take nice clean, in-focus shots with good light, otherwise best to not waste your time. You are going to have a bit of challenge dealing with the red-shift of that Z30 crapOLED and the slight blue-shift of the Nexus 5 LCD IPS. It's a pretty dead giveaway. If the screenshots don't show that, then you're doctoring the images.

I will take it that English isn't your first language. As just opening up the web page isn't a zoom level. It is without any zoom. Is that what you mean? Because a default zoom level isn't without zoom. If you wanted to have it without zoom, when say so.

I really can't take someone seriously when they describe the Z30 screen as horrible. It just isn't truthful.
    In software engineering, default zoom level is considered to be 100% or whatever the particular device happens to render at 100% zoom. Thanks for playing "The More You Know".
    11-07-13 07:33 PM
    Sounds fun! Can't wait to play! Just no color correction now and make sure that you take nice clean, in-focus shots with good light, otherwise best to not waste your time. You are going to have a bit of challenge dealing with the red-shift of that Z30 crapOLED and the slight blue-shift of the Nexus 5 LCD IPS. It's a pretty dead giveaway. If the screenshots don't show that, then you're doctoring the images.

In software engineering, default zoom level is considered to be 100% or whatever the particular device happens to render at 100% zoom. Thanks for playing "The More You Know".
    Really? What is the default zoom level for google maps? 100%? No. It is dependent on the developer and the application. You ASSume it is 100%, but you what they say about assuming.
    11-07-13 07:51 PM
    Really? What is the default zoom level for google maps? 100%? No. It is dependent on the developer and the application. You ASSume it is 100%, but you what they say about assuming.
    Default zoom level for virtually any application is 100%. How much content that 100% represents is up to the designer of the application and is therefore the "variable" portion. Likewise, devices with different resolution will be able to show more or less content at the same default zoom level. These are fundamental things. When I told you to take a screenshot at a default zoom level it is pretty obvious that the expectation is for you to open up the page and take a snap, not to try to adjust the zoom level to some arbitrary figure that you want. Do we still need to continue to argue fundamentals or will you do what you need to do? I'm going to take a stab that my own question here and say that you will come back with some other senseless point just to avoid doing what you have been asked to do.
    11-07-13 07:57 PM
    Default zoom level for virtually any application is 100%. How much content that 100% represents is up to the designer of the application and is therefore the "variable" portion. Likewise, devices with different resolution will be able to show more or less content at the same default zoom level. These are fundamental things. When I told you to take a screenshot at a default zoom level it is pretty obvious that the expectation is for you to open up the page and take a snap, not to try to adjust the zoom level to some arbitrary figure that you want. Do we still need to continue to argue fundamentals or will you do what you need to do? I'm going to take a stab that my own question here and say that you will come back with some other senseless point just to avoid doing what you have been asked to do.
    Yup, since you haven't answered my question. What is the default zoom level for google maps? If you answer that, then I will do what you want.
    11-07-13 08:00 PM
    Yup, since you haven't answered my question. What is the default zoom level for google maps? If you answer that, then I will do what you want.
    "Beating around the bush, beating around the bush, I'm keeping busy, beating around the bush" ...let me quote myself here...

snip...
    Do we still need to continue to argue fundamentals or will you do what you need to do? I'm going to take a stab that my own question here and say that you will come back with some other senseless point just to avoid doing what you have been asked to do.
    Also... https://support.google.com/maps/answer/1610636?hl=en

And let me quote myself here again...

Default zoom level for virtually any application is 100%. How much content that 100% represents is up to the designer of the application and is therefore the "variable" portion.
    I suppose I should have added operating environment into that as well, but it was implied that the designer takes that into account. Cheers!

Edit: Here's the price of tea in China too http://supertart.com/priceofteainchina/ (for those that cannot comprehend it, I'm not being serious)

Oh and by the way...have a listen to the HowardForums video review, particularly the display section that starts around 3:40 into the video....

Enjoy! No wait, you won't, you will just call this a bunch of crap too.
    Last edited by dejanh; 11-07-13 at 10:06 PM.
    11-07-13 09:38 PM
269 ... 91011