I don't think you really understand what aliasing is in this context.

Posted via CB10
    My native languages are German and French.
    In both cases, the word used in these languages to describe what I experience, equals alliasing in English.

If you prefer another expression, please feel free to pick one:
    http://www.dict.cc/?s=treppeneffekt

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 02:21 PM
    Don't worry about these guys here...they don't know much about anything it seems. The blind faith and the level of astounding ignorance demonstrated in this thread at least proves partly why BlackBerry is in the boat that it is in today. Instead of providing the company with legitimate feedback in areas to improve it seems fanboys are more interested in deluding themselves into claims of grandeur. For all intents and purposes the Z30 is a wash. It will likely sell in numbers even smaller than the Z10. I'm just hoping that BlackBerry itself realizes that they need to produce physically better devices if they want to claim the price point and segment they are targeting. The Z10 is a good device, albeit overpriced and with weak battery. The Z30 is at best "meh". The display just kills it.

Again, I'm not knocking BlackBerry 10. I use it and love it. I have both a Z10 and a Q10, and *wanted* to buy a Z30. Z30 suffers from the same display issues as the Q10, except more so because of the substantially lower PPI. If you open up the same website on a Z10 and a Z30, at the default zoom level, the text on the Z10 is crisp and readable and on the Z30 it is full of jagged edges, sometimes not even legible as it is simply "broken up".

Weak is weak, but keep up the spin.

Posted via CB10
    Just shut up about the display it's tiring the display is excellent in my eyes, and that's what matters to me and everyone else I know who owns one and everyone I've shown it to really likes the display you claim is utter garbage, talk about over exaggerated statements. Am I a fan boy? No some stuff BlackBerry does is downright painful to watch, but there isn't a product out there that is perfect for everyone but if your a reasonable and logical person there is a phone that fits your needs this Z30 fits mine perfectly because I don't give a SH1T about specs, but you obviously have an issue which I and many others don't get at all.

From the Z30 of Rockivy @10.2.0.1791
    11-07-13 02:34 PM
    Just shut up about the display it's tiring the display is excellent in my eyes, and that's what matters to me and everyone else I know who owns one and everyone I've shown it to really likes the display you claim is utter garbage, talk about over exaggerated statements. Am I a fan boy? No some stuff BlackBerry does is downright painful to watch, but there isn't a product out there that is perfect for everyone but if your a reasonable and logical person there is a phone that fits your needs this Z30 fits mine perfectly because I don't give a SH1T about specs, but you obviously have an issue which I and many others don't get at all.

So I guess we are in agreement then. For some users the Z30 display will be good enough. For others it will fall significantly short. Depending on who you are and how you perceive detail, the Z30 may not be the best choice. Yes?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-07-13 02:41 PM
    Your being too extreme still, I find the display very good. You however must have superpower magnifying eyes because you are able to see massive flaws that the regular human can't. Was it not already proven the human eye at a maximum stops perceiving any difference above 300 ppi, although you must be in the 99th percentile of super vision humans which would put you in a very very small group of people who actually can see the difference and who actually care..

Me I'll hang out with the other 99% of humans who by all counts are the target market of this phone by BlackBerry, I am not the exception here sir you are

So I will say a large percentage of people will find the display very good, and a very small percentage will be so anal, as to see the difference and actually give a sh1t. Most people don't care bud they just don't. They have better things to waste their time on than this garbage

11-07-13 02:54 PM
    Your being too extreme still, I find the display very good. You however must have superpower magnifying eyes because you are able to see massive flaws that the regular human can't. Was it not already proven the human eye at a maximum stops perceiving any difference above 300 ppi, although you must be in the 99th percentile of super vision humans which would put you in a very very small group of people who actually can see the difference and who actually care..

Me I'll hang out with the other 99% of humans who by all counts are the target market of this phone by BlackBerry, I am not the exception here sir you are

So I will say a large percentage of people will find the display very good, and a very small percentage will be so anal, as to see the difference and actually give a sh1t. Most people don't care bud they just don't. They have better things to waste their time on than this garbage

Extreme, maybe, maybe not...regardless, we are in agreement and that's all that matters. Depending on who you are and how you perceive detail, the Z30 may not be the best choice.
    11-07-13 02:57 PM
    So in the next update when they adjust the browser icon for the z30 display and it's all smooth and nice what will people complain about?

Posted from my Z30
    11-07-13 03:02 PM
    So in the next update when they adjust the browser icon for the z30 display and it's all smooth and nice what will people complain about?

Posted from my Z30
    Everything else that suffers from the low PPI that isn't the browser icon.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-07-13 03:04 PM
    The price of tea in China and whether you have to stand on your right or left foot while holding your tongue out......

11-07-13 03:05 PM
    The price of tea in China and whether you have to stand on your right or left foot while holding your tongue out......

What is the price of tea in China?
    11-07-13 03:09 PM
    Since I don't have a Z30 to photograph beside my Z10 and somebody here has asked me to produce some proof showing the issues with the Pentile Matrix display used on the Z30, I did the next best thing and grabbed a closeup shot from the Q10 that The Verge did a while back. It is done at a very good zoom level that clearly shows the "burn" effect around lettering that exists on these displays. On the Z30 this is very prominent due to the larger display and a substantially lower PPI. Even on the Q10 it is noticeable, and I know 'cause I have a Q10 as well. Note, you have to click on the image to see it in full size.
    http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo...super_wide.jpg
    When using thin font like some fonts on websites, etc. this significantly affect legibility of text as well, especially at default zoom levels. Again, higher PPI on the Q10 does a lot to alleviate this, but on the Z30 things are not good at all.
    That photo is taken as if you eye were less than ONE INCH from the screen. Try it, your eye can't even focus on it. So what you posted is useless. What I asked was to prove with a screen shot, that on the default zoom of a Z30. Do you even have a Z30? I will wait for proof. This wasn't it.
    11-07-13 03:10 PM
    You guys are seriously going to make me buy a Z30 just so I can put it side by side with my Z10 and take a picture to show you the difference in text legibility. Pentile, S-Stripe, whatever, bottom line is that the screenshot above very much resembles (happier with this?) how the text looks like on the Z30 but is much worse on the Z30. You also don't have to zoom that far or really at all. You just have to look at the two side by side with the same content opened on both phones. Also, have you been listening to anything that I said? Did you miss the fact that I used two Z30s, both brand new out of the box, side by side with the Z10. The Z10 display is way better.

I swear I am going to find time to take my professional DSLR with a macro lens to a shop just to ruin your entire parade. You cannot possibly claim that the display is better when it is not.

No, because the phone as-is is completely overpriced. It wants you to pay the big-boy prices but it can only play with the kids. Maybe having a good 1080p display would have justified its price point somewhat.

Also, @lawguyman, I sent you a PM about the Nexus 5.
    Nah.. You just don't want to be proven wrong by someone who actually has both side by side.
    11-07-13 03:12 PM
    Everything else that suffers from the low PPI that isn't the browser icon.
    Such as? Seriously I've been using my z30 for 9 days and it's so much better than the z10. I never want to use my z10 anymore.

Posted from my Z30
    11-07-13 03:18 PM
    Questions about the Z30 display-incisivemediaz10.pngQuestions about the Z30 display-incisivemediaz30.png
    OK, since you say that's the case then it must be true. After all, you know all of our eyes better than we do. /end argument

Seriously...I'm sure he can see it. I can see it too. The jaggies around round objects are apparent even at viewing distance...maybe I need to correct that...the objects are not crisp. Sometimes you see jaggies, other times the content looks weirdly distorted, as though it is not in focus. I have seen it, on two devices, with my own eyes. Text, same thing. Got to a website called Incisive Media - Global B2B Publishers – In print, In person, Online (good example since it has a lot of varied content and lots of text) on the Z30 and Z10 and look at the readability at default zoom level. The Z10 is much more crisp and readable exactly because of the higher pixel density.

Maybe you want to argue with me as well how in the CRT days any refresh rate below 100Hz I could see flickering...that must be false too, no? I must be crazy...no?
    You probably didn't think anyone would do it. Can you please point out the "jaggies" between the two screenshots?
    vrud likes this.
    11-07-13 03:24 PM
    Now I am stuck. I want the Z30 for many other benefits, but I cannot look at the horrible display all day, and I use my phone a lot (avg. 15GB of data per month). Do you see why I don't want to cut BlackBerry any slack?
    What a drama queen. "horrible display".
    11-07-13 03:26 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incisivemediaZ10.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	214.9 KB 
ID:	218230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incisivemediaZ30.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	224.1 KB 
ID:	218231

You probably didn't think anyone would do it. Can you please point out the "jaggies" between the two screenshots?
    Oh...my...EPIC FAIL.

Did you just use the screen grab feature to get the two shots? You realize that does not capture how you perceive the display and instead is just an image of what the device is supposed to render on screen?

Besides, you are late to the party anyway. We already moved on from the display to Chinese tea prices

Edit: I can't stop laughing I'm sorry... *tear*
    Edit 2: I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a jerk...it's just so funny!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-07-13 03:30 PM
    Maybe my eye sight is failing but I'm perfectly happy with the Z30 screen. Possibly if I was analysis enough to go around comparing it with every other device then I might notice a difference but for me it does what it needs to and does it well enough that I'm happy with it. I've watched video on it and found it perfectly satisfactory if I want 1080p that's what my hd TV is there for why watch something on a mobile screen that needs that resolution anyway I've never got that. But as I say that just me personally and everyone's entitled to there own opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 03:58 PM
    Oh...my...EPIC FAIL.

Did you just use the screen grab feature to get the two shots? You realize that does not capture how you perceive the display and instead is just an image of what the device is supposed to render on screen?

Besides, you are late to the party anyway. We already moved on from the display to Chinese tea prices

Edit: I can't stop laughing I'm sorry... *tear*
    Edit 2: I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a jerk...it's just so funny!
    I was waiting for your comment. Now you have to look really bad as I show you what they look like in a picture. I know you will probably find some excuse to dismiss it too as you just don't want to admit you are so wrong. Are you going to still tell us that the Z30 has a horrible display compared to the Z10? You are just so out of touch and so easily proven wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Questions about the Z30 display-incisivemedia.jpg  
    11-07-13 04:01 PM
    I was waiting for your comment. Now you have to look really bad as I show you what they look like in a picture. I know you will probably find some excuse to dismiss it too as you just don't want to admit you are so wrong. Are you going to still tell us that the Z30 has a horrible display compared to the Z10? You are just so out of touch and so easily proven wrong.
    Good start and it's already starting to show differences, the URL, the lowercase "e", all the text in general. Notice the "fuzzy" effect on the Z30 (rhetorical, it's there)? Notice the red hue to the display?

Now do the test like I said. Open the site at default zoom level please, take that picture side by side and post it (you may need a better camera and/or better lighting). At about 8"-12" I can read the "Incisive Media Investments Limited 2013, Published by Incisive Financial Publishing Limited" etc. on the Z10. I want to see how legible it is on the Z30.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-07-13 04:11 PM
    What is that piece of sh1t on the right hand side of the Z10, the screen is disgusting it's horrible what an awful quality display I can barely make out what those letters are. OMFG that is such junk, who makes that piece of crap?

Oioooh it's a BlackBerry Z30, yeah I can clearly see the MASSIVE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO

I better sell my stock immediately this phone is awful and a piece of garbage it'll never sell with such an unreadable display will BlackBerry never learn.....

11-07-13 04:13 PM
    Good start and it's already starting to show differences, the URL, the lowercase "e", all the text in general. Notice the "fuzzy" effect on the Z30 (rhetorical, it's there)? Notice the red hue to the display?

Now do the test like I said. Open the site at default zoom level please, take that picture side by side and post it (you may need a better camera and/or better lighting).
    You have anal retentive issues man, that screen is fine.

11-07-13 04:15 PM
    The z30 display is 1.7% below retina and some people here make it look like it's 170% below. So much over exaggeration.

Posted from my Z30
    11-07-13 04:16 PM
    You have anal retentive issues man, that screen is fine.

No, actually I'm doing just fine. Plenty of fiber and lots of liquids helps I actually like the fact that somebody decided to start posting actual pictures who owns both devices, I just want him to do it properly. Also, it would be nice if he took a picture from roughly the same distance of the home screen.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-07-13 04:18 PM
    I also own both and the only differences I see are the size simply because the 30 is bigger and the rendering of colour attributable to differing technologies used in the two displays.

Fiber is good...

11-07-13 04:20 PM
    The z30 display is 1.7% below retina and some people here make it look like it's 170% below. So much over exaggeration.

Posted from my Z30
    Exactly

11-07-13 04:21 PM

Now do the test like I said. Open the site at default zoom level please, take that picture side by side and post it (you may need a better camera and/or better lighting). At about 8"-12" I can read the "Incisive Media Investments Limited 2013, Published by Incisive Financial Publishing Limited" etc. on the Z10. I want to see how legible it is on the Z30.
    WOW. Just WOW. Better yet, why don't you take your Z30 and Z10 and do that for us. You are blowing just too much smoke. Or maybe you are inhaling it. The zoom levels are different and it would be like comparing apples to oranges. You have to use the same zoom level for proper comparison. But you probably don't want to do that do you.
    11-07-13 04:23 PM
269 ... 891011