And every other phone for 600-700$ has even more than that (except for the antenna).
    I hate to break it to you, but the Z30 is a midrange device.
    Only because BlackBerry wants 700$ for it, doesn't make it a high-end device.
    If you belive that the Z30 is a high-end device, I've got some bridges to sell you.

Posted via CB10
    Really who cares where the phone is pigeon holed?

Do you like the phone?
    Do you like the OS?
    Does it fit your needs the best?

Then buy it.

Don't forget most people buy on a plan, it's mostly geeks buy it outright. So they are only paying, in my case on Telus, $129 for the phone, considering I paid $199 for my zed10 it was an excellent deal

My 2 cents

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    thekidshop and Pdinos3 like this.
    11-02-13 04:26 PM
    Mine is to bright, I have to turn down to 50%.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10.
    Run mine at 30, find full brightness too much for me. At 30 with the dark theme I find the colours vibrant and the text is crisp, Web pages are well rendered and photos look good

anon721037, Pdinos3 and jimpilot like this.
    11-02-13 04:29 PM
    Run mine at 30, find full brightness too much for me

Ya I can't believe people are saying its dim.

jimpilot likes this.
    11-02-13 04:30 PM
    And every other phone for 600-700$ has even more than that (except for the antenna).
    I hate to break it to you, but the Z30 is a midrange device.
    Only because BlackBerry wants 700$ for it, doesn't make it a high-end device.
    If you belive that the Z30 is a high-end device, I've got some bridges to sell you.

Posted via CB10
    You hate to break it to me? this was about z10 and z30. not about other phones i have no interest in. I hate it to break it to you but your post is irrelevant.
    Pdinos3 and jimpilot like this.
    11-02-13 04:37 PM

You'd be surprised how some people I've seen use their iphones with full brightness in the dark. Crazy imo
    anon721037 and jimpilot like this.
    11-02-13 05:05 PM
    I compared my Z30 screen to that of a SGS4 today. The screen on the other phone was sharper. But by no means was it night and day. The owner of that phone even had to look closely at the compared image to realise it. Add in the fact that at the end of the work day my phone still has a ton of juice left, and better speakers (something valued by yours truly), I have to say this phone is still competitive.

If we are comparing directly to the now-entry-level Z10, the spec bumps include a higher power GPU, higher power CPU, larger screen (which I still think must have some sort of anti-glare coating on it as I can read my Z30 screen no problem outside), significantly larger battery, better stereo speakers, 4 microphones as opposed to just 2, and capabilities such as Wi-Fi direct, miracast, and usb on the go. As well, also recall that this phone is now selling for less than the Z10 did at launch (at some carriers, not necessarily all).

Is the screen better than the one on the Z10? From a strictly resolution-based view, no. In other ways such as the better battery life achieved, maybe. Are the other specs of the phone better than the Z10? Yes. Let's not forget that BlackBerry had already told us that screens would be moving to 720p following the launch of the Z10...

We all have our opinion on the screen but saying it is useless or garbage is just wrong on so many levels. It is still a very good screen and can compete in the market as not every person on the planet wants a battery-sucking 1080p screen.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    11-02-13 06:38 PM

It comes from perspective. Personally both my previous phones were substantially brighter. I will get used to the brightness, or lack thereof, on the Z30 but probably will never really like it. Fortunately the rest of the phone is so good, it makes up for it. Still best phone out there for my needs. Big upgrade from the Z10. Out of the ballpark upgrade from my SGS2. Maybe they will release an OS tweak to allow the panel to go up a few lums.

Posted via CB10
    moody and Pdinos3 like this.
    11-02-13 07:30 PM

We all have our opinion on the screen but saying it is useless or garbage is just wrong on so many levels. It is still a very good screen and can compete in the market as not every person on the planet wants a battery-sucking 1080p screen.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    I took you seriously until the last sentence.
    Compare battery benchmarks of the current top flagships, and then have a tasty crow.

Btw, I never said that the screen is garbage.
    It's good for a midrange phone, but subpar for a 600-700$ device.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 07:32 PM
    You'd be surprised how some people I've seen use their iphones with full brightness in the dark. Crazy imo
    That's the great thing about adjustable settings. Some like it dim, some like it bright.

And remember, those that judge will be judged. Crazy as it sounds.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 07:36 PM
    It comes from perspective. Personally both my previous phones were substantially brighter. I will get used to the brightness, or lack thereof, on the Z30 but probably will never really like it. Fortunately the rest of the phone is so good, it makes up for it. Still best phone out there for my needs. Big upgrade from the Z10. Out of the ballpark upgrade from my SGS2. Maybe they will release an OS tweak to allow the panel to go up a few lums.

Posted via CB10
    I believe in the 10.2.1 there is an adjustment you can make to make it whiter or not as white. I tried it when I loaded the leak but didn't seem to work.

Posted on my Z30 from CB10 running 1791.
    11-02-13 11:05 PM
    OK... I made a huge mistake and talked out of my ****.. lol at least I'm admitting it.. I just bought the Z30 and boy it's fricking nice... there is nothing wrong with the display the blacks are actually mesmerizing.. no more greys on blacks. yes the browser icon is slightly jaggedy upon close examination but for normal use its as sharp as you would want to be. The phone though is definitely faster than the z10. I now have both phones and I'm a happy camper... sorry for talking smack earlier.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:27 PM
    The screen goes brighter, for now it's just software locked.

Posted from my Z30
    11-02-13 11:28 PM
    You obviously have not seen one yet.
    Your 100% wrong.
    Rage this.

Actually, not only seen one, used two brand new out of the box for about 20-30 minutes each, side by side with a Z10. Quicker, yes. Sleeker, yes. Better audio, yes. More screen real estate, yes (even at same resolution). All good things. Display however, garbage. Bet that burns

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:35 AM
    Quite the contrary I'm afraid. However, you can keep whatever you're smoking to yourself. I prefer to be in touch with reality and operate with facts vs. your (pseudo) "science". The display on the Z30 sucks. It's terrible. Awful. So bad it is best compared to mid-range phones. Now go rage some more.

PS: When I pop to a computer sometime tomorrow I will try to illustrate to you the issue with the Z30 display. In the meantime, as I said before, you can rage some more at my comments

Posted via CB10
    Disrespectful.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 01:36 AM
    Actually, not only seen one, used two brand new out of the box for about 20-30 minutes each, side by side with a Z10. Quicker, yes. Sleeker, yes. Better audio, yes. More screen real estate, yes (even at same resolution). All good things.

Posted via CB10
    Well I agree and look forward to getting it as soon as Verizon drops it

Glad you saw the light, there are many thing to a phone, display being just one
    11-03-13 01:18 PM
    OK... I made a huge mistake and talked out of my ****.. lol at least I'm admitting it.. I just bought the Z30 and boy it's fricking nice... there is nothing wrong with the display the blacks are actually mesmerizing.. no more greys on blacks. yes the browser icon is slightly jaggedy upon close examination but for normal use its as sharp as you would want to be. The phone though is definitely faster than the z10. I now have both phones and I'm a happy camper... sorry for talking smack earlier.

Posted via CB10
    You are forgiven

Posted from my Z30
    11-03-13 01:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apology accepted sir!

11-03-13 03:50 PM
    Actually, not only seen one, used two brand new out of the box for about 20-30 minutes each, side by side with a Z10. Quicker, yes. Sleeker, yes. Better audio, yes. More screen real estate, yes (even at same resolution). All good things. Display however, garbage. Bet that burns

Posted via CB10
    Well it does burn in the sense you might need your eyes checked. Lol

moody likes this.
    11-03-13 03:52 PM
    Apology accepted sir!

Wow wow.
    Love my 30

11-03-13 03:53 PM
    So, I've been working my way through the whole BB10 lineup, though I've skipped the Q5 (so far ).

After significant time with both the Z10 and the Q10, and now about 10 days with a Z30 I've got some reasonably solid impressions.

The Z10 display resolution was spectacular, no question, and it was a very bright screen. Colors were certainly good, and looked vivid. Q10 screen wasn't quite as bright, colors almost as vivid, and I found the daylight readability to be fine. PPI is a little lower, sure but not enough to be noticeable.

On the Z30? The good news is that the colors are terrific, and the screen is snappy and responsive. Brightness on par with the Q10, so not blinding but I find it hard to imagine many users will have a problem with it.

The PPI is lower. And the bad news is that if you're looking for it, yes it's barely visible (though if you don't know better, you may never see it). I don't see most users having a problem with the display. For me, the improved battery life, build quality, and performance all MORE than offset the slight downgrade in resolution. As always, YMMV...
    jimpilot, bizzyqu and M--Canuck like this.
    11-03-13 04:11 PM
    So, I've been working my way through the whole BB10 lineup, though I've skipped the Q5 (so far ).

After significant time with both the Z10 and the Q10, and now about 10 days with a Z30 I've got some reasonably solid impressions.

The Z10 display resolution was spectacular, no question, and it was a very bright screen. Colors were certainly good, and looked vivid. Q10 screen wasn't quite as bright, colors almost as vivid, and I found the daylight readability to be fine. PPI is a little lower, sure but not enough to be noticeable.

On the Z30? The good news is that the colors are terrific, and the screen is snappy and responsive. Brightness on par with the Q10, so not blinding but I find it hard to imagine many users will have a problem with it.

The PPI is lower. And the bad news is that if you're looking for it, yes it's barely visible (though if you don't know better, you may never see it). I don't see most users having a problem with the display. For me, the improved battery life, build quality, and performance all MORE than offset the slight downgrade in resolution. As always, YMMV...
    Well said

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-03-13 04:32 PM
    Well it does burn in the sense you might need your eyes checked. Lol

WTF? This makes no sense. This is about as good of an attempt at a response as saying "I'm rubber, you're glue, everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you".

Just admit it. The display is terrible. Like i said before, if you really can't tell it's bad probably your vision is not very good. Either that or you are in denial. I won't blame you though, spending $600-$700 on a device worth at best $400. After all that's what devices of similar build quality sell for, no?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:57 AM
    WTF? This makes no sense. This is about as good of an attempt at a response as saying "I'm rubber, you're glue, everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you".

Just admit it. The display is terrible. Like i said before, if you really can't tell it's bad probably your vision is not very good. Either that or you are in denial. I won't blame you though, spending $600-$700 on a device worth at best $400. After all that's what devices of similar build quality sell for, no?

Posted via CB10
    If you think the display on the z30 is terrible then you are as ignorant, uninformed and clueless as a tech person can ever be. Seriously...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:48 AM
    I hope that we can put an end to this thread because there are definitely some wacky people here that are just bashing the display with a stunning amount of ignorance and bias. The Z30 display with its vibrancy and richness in colour ****s on the Z10. Also the performance is incredibly a lot faster. The text is sharp you will never ever notice any pixels.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 09:52 AM
    I hope that we can put an end to this thread because there are definitely some wacky people here that are just bashing the display with a stunning amount of ignorance and bias. The Z30 display with its vibrancy and richness in colour ****s on the Z10. Also the performance is incredibly a lot faster. The text is sharp you will never ever notice any pixels.

Posted via CB10
    With statements like this, probably not.
    I can tell the difference in PPI between a Z30 and an LG G2.
    I notice the pixels.

Talking about bias and obviously having a big one yourself is pretty funny, because the Z30 objectively has a worse display compared to every other flagship avalaible right now.
    Being unable to admit that, is what I would call ignorant.

And you also have a clear preference for Amoled displays, which kind of nullifies your statement that other people are biased, yet again.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 10:08 AM
269 ... 56789 ...