I am using both the Z30 and the Z10 because I need two mobile phone numbers. I have excellent eyesight and I work in the electronics industry. In looking very carefully at the Z30 screen and comparing it to the Z10, to see any sharpness difference I have to look extremely carefully at the edges of the icons. The visual difference is almost negligible. As for the text letters I cannot see any difference. In all practicality, when using the Z30 and looking at from a normal reading distance I cannot see any difference in the sharpness compared to the Z10.

I did notice the Z10 screen to appear a bit bright when adjusted to full bright. This is normal because of its back-light for the display panel. The Z30 is basically an LED display. For the equivalent visual brightness the Z30 screen uses less power than the Z10 screen. I found the Z30 screen has better visibility in brightly lit areas such as when outdoors. In a simple explanation, when indoors if you turn both the Z10 and the Z30 brightness to maximum the Z10 would look a bit brighter. I run the Z30 brightness at about 4/5 the way towards full up because I want the visibility when outdoors.

As for operation, as far as I can see and perceive both the phones are identical. If you are a Playbook user like I am, the way these phones work is somewhat the same in their way of feel. I am finding the battery on the Z30 lasts somewhat longer between charging. I am a very heavy user of the phone.

I found with the Z30 typing is easier because of its slightly larger size. This phone is harder to hold in one hand, but I manage if I want to work it that way. The larger size makes for slightly better browsing. This phone is sort of approaching to be like a tablet. Being a bigger phone, it may be more difficult for some people to carry it around. I use a photo camera pouch on my belt to hold it. Another thing I like about the Z30 is the larger speaker size. The sound quality for both the speaker phone function, and for the regular phone function is a lightly better but not by much (less tinny).

In the end result, I don't notice any actual performance difference other than for the screen size. Since I have the Z30, I have been using my Playbook less. I have a 4G Playbook. I put the phone's network connection down to the equivalent of 3G for the speed instead of using it on 4G. This added more battery life. For general browsing, doing emails, following stock charts, and watching news videos, I don't see any performance difference at all.

Between the Z10 and the Z30 my preference is for the Z30 because I really like the larger screen, and the slightly larger vertual keyboard. For ease of carrying the phone around the Z10 is slightly easier.

So, if you go with the Z30 you my find it a more enjoyable phone especially if are heavy in to web browsing, and doing a lot of emails. I would call this phone a small "phablet".
    11-01-13 08:20 PM
    I am using both the Z30 and the Z10 because I need two mobile phone numbers. I have excellent eyesight and I work in the electronics industry. In looking very carefully at the Z30 screen and comparing it to the Z10, to see any sharpness difference I have to look extremely carefully at the edges of the icons. The visual difference is almost negligible. As for the text letters I cannot see any difference. In all practicality, when using the Z30 and looking at from a normal reading distance I cannot see any difference in the sharpness compared to the Z10.

I did notice the Z10 screen to appear a bit bright when adjusted to full bright. This is normal because of its back-light for the display panel. The Z30 is basically an LED display. For the equivalent visual brightness the Z30 screen uses less power than the Z10 screen. I found the Z30 screen has better visibility in brightly lit areas such as when outdoors. In a simple explanation, when indoors if you turn both the Z10 and the Z30 brightness to maximum the Z10 would look a bit brighter. I run the Z30 brightness at about 4/5 the way towards full up because I want the visibility when outdoors.

As for operation, as far as I can see and perceive both the phones are identical. If you are a Playbook user like I am, the way these phones work is somewhat the same in their way of feel. I am finding the battery on the Z30 lasts somewhat longer between charging. I am a very heavy user of the phone.

I found with the Z30 typing is easier because of its slightly larger size. This phone is harder to hold in one hand, but I manage if I want to work it that way. The larger size makes for slightly better browsing. This phone is sort of approaching to be like a tablet. Being a bigger phone, it may be more difficult for some people to carry it around. I use a photo camera pouch on my belt to hold it. Another thing I like about the Z30 is the larger speaker size. The sound quality for both the speaker phone function, and for the regular phone function is a lightly better but not by much (less tinny).

In the end result, I don't notice any actual performance difference other than for the screen size. Since I have the Z30, I have been using my Playbook less. I have a 4G Playbook. I put the phone's network connection down to the equivalent of 3G for the speed instead of using it on 4G. This added more battery life. For general browsing, doing emails, following stock charts, and watching news videos, I don't see any performance difference at all.

Between the Z10 and the Z30 my preference is for the Z30 because I really like the larger screen, and the slightly larger vertual keyboard. For ease of carrying the phone around the Z10 is slightly easier.

So, if you go with the Z30 you my find it a more enjoyable phone especially if are heavy in to web browsing, and doing a lot of emails. I would call this phone a small "phablet".
    Ditto to everything you've said, I also did the same today and I couldn't see any difference at all. But I do wear glasses.
    This phone is the best smart phone I've owned in the past 2 years and I have owned a lot.

Posted on my Z30 from CB10 running 1791.
    moody likes this.
    11-01-13 08:52 PM
    Thanks for the post, a decent real world post that'll be helpful to those looking at a Z30

Posted by the Zed 30 of rockivy
    moody and leehardballer12 like this.
    11-01-13 08:53 PM

Top notch post thank you

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 08:59 PM
    I have used Blackberrys for more than you. Does that mean that my opinion is worth more than yours? No. And your's is just an opinion, one that is only has marketers to support it, mine has science. I showed the Z30 to everyone in the office and asked them how the screen looked. I played 720p movies and showed pictures. They all said the screen was great. So much for your botched opinion.
    Quite the contrary I'm afraid. However, you can keep whatever you're smoking to yourself. I prefer to be in touch with reality and operate with facts vs. your (pseudo) "science". The display on the Z30 sucks. It's terrible. Awful. So bad it is best compared to mid-range phones. Now go rage some more.

PS: When I pop to a computer sometime tomorrow I will try to illustrate to you the issue with the Z30 display. In the meantime, as I said before, you can rage some more at my comments

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 11:48 PM
    Quite the contrary I'm afraid. However, you can keep whatever you're smoking to yourself. I prefer to be in touch with reality and operate with facts vs. your (pseudo) "science". The display on the Z30 sucks. It's terrible. Awful. So bad it is best compared to mid-range phones. Now go rage some more.

Posted via CB10
    You obviously have not seen one yet.
    Your 100% wrong.
    Rage this.

Mugenski and Pdinos3 like this.
    11-01-13 11:49 PM
    LOL.

This post is comedic relief for me.

Black is best Z10!
    11-02-13 02:57 AM
    Has anyone determined if the dim display is inherent in the panel itself or if it can be made brighter in the future via an OS update?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 10:41 AM
    This thread makes me want to go to imore and make fun of their sub hd 4" screens... actually that would be pointless, they are iPhone fans and I'd be speaking to the wrong crowd.

Posted from my Z30
    +1. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:13 AM
    Has anyone determined if the dim display is inherent in the panel itself or if it can be made brighter in the future via an OS update?

Posted via CB10
    I have seen this posted somewhere on here and it was grayed out. I am sure in the future. It had a slider and the further over you slid it, it said whiter whites, and there was also something for contrast. It is all software related people
    11-02-13 12:09 PM
    I have seen this posted somewhere on here and it was grayed out. I am sure in the future. It had a slider and the further over you slid it, it said whiter whites, and there was also something for contrast. It is all software related people
    Yes it can go brighter. Its limited by the software, the kindle app actually makes it go brighter.
    11-02-13 12:41 PM
    Okay, thanks guys. That gives me hope.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:51 PM

Thx for this review
    11-02-13 01:13 PM

PS: When I pop to a computer sometime tomorrow I will try to illustrate to you the issue with the Z30 display. In the meantime, as I said before, you can rage some more at my comments

Posted via CB10
    Say what you will I have both a Zed 10 and a Zed 30 and there is little difference in the quality of the screen period, you can print off reams of Internet reviews reports whatever you like I physically have both in front of me and there is little difference between the two phones. On a whole, for me, the z30 is by far the better phone and the best phone I've ever owned and I also have owned, not read reviews and watched bitter slanted YouTube videos, but actually owned and used heavily many different phones. That is my reality, not concocted from a personal hate towards a product and a tendency to over generalization like your post above based on what facts I have no idea.

11-02-13 01:39 PM
    Ditto

11-02-13 02:38 PM
    Update : bought the Z30 and it's fricking gorgeous, and I'm actually being serious so please ignore my below biased nonsense. I now have both the z10 and Z30 and I am happy to keep supporting BlackBerry cause they simply rock.

Z30 display .. below par for a flagship and I prefer my Z10 which to me was a true flagship device from BlackBerry when it was released. Has an awesome display (still better than the IPhone 5s) a good processor and ample ram paired with a kick **** OS..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M--Canuck; 11-02-13 at 11:29 PM.
    11-02-13 03:12 PM
    Another one....ffs (rolls eyes)

What a piece of junk can't believe I wasted my money on such a sucky phone boy am I ever stupid I must be blind to not see how utterly awful this phone is, how it's such a waste of money, how it's doesn't do ANYTHING, BECAUSE IT JUST SUCKS

I sure hope you don't go through your regular day to day life making such black and white judgements because if you do I feel sorry for you your life must be hell that a display on a phone brings out such strong feelings of hate and disgust. Perhaps you need to see someone to help you with your anger issues?

I stick by my earlier comment because I have both and I see no difference, I suppose I would of I was an electron microscope, but happily not I'm just a regular businessman/professional who is extremely happy with my purchase and willing to tell anyone who will listen how good a phone this is, especially when every person who has seen it says" wow that's a really nice phone, who makes that one? ". And they aren't commenting on the silver frame, they are commenting on the high quality display.

Hmm maybe they're all blind too? Never thought of that, I should recommended an eye doctor to them the next time someone says that because some random internet trolls said the display sucks on this phone.....

Last edited by rockivy; 11-02-13 at 03:59 PM.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    11-02-13 03:49 PM
    Lol

M-Canuck.

Hate to burst your bubble but the new top of the line phone is the Z30.

Hate to correct you but seeing that you are pointing 'facts' out I may as well tell you.

Black is best Z10!
    Pdinos3 and M--Canuck like this.
    11-02-13 03:52 PM
    Z30 display sucks... below par for a flagship and I prefer my Z10 which to me was a true flagship device from BlackBerry when it was released. Has an awesome display (still better than the IPhone 5s) a good processor and ample ram paired with a kick **** OS..

Posted via CB10
    And the Z30 has a bigger screen, stereo speakers, better antenna, faster processor, twice the gpu, much better build quality, miracast, usb to go, 4 microphones and improved camera for low light
    thekidshop, Kessaz and Pdinos3 like this.
    11-02-13 03:58 PM
    Honestly this thread could go on forever, unless you just realize that the Z30 is the king of phones.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10.
    jupiter8, Kessaz and Pdinos3 like this.
    11-02-13 04:00 PM
    There ya go clouding emotions and over generalization with facts...how dare you

anon721037 likes this.
    11-02-13 04:01 PM
    Am a Z10 owner and just played with a Z30 at a store, the screen was generally dim which made me go to settings to raise brightness but it was on max.

Honestly speaking, I was disappointed with it brightness wise. The resolution was fine though
    11-02-13 04:13 PM
    Am a Z10 owner and just played with a Z30 at a store, the screen was generally dim which made me go to settings to raise brightness but it was on max.

Honestly speaking, I was disappointed with it brightness wise. The resolution was fine though
    Mine is to bright, I have to turn down to 50%.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10.
    11-02-13 04:15 PM
    And the Z30 has a bigger screen, stereo speakers, better antenna, faster processor, twice the gpu, much better build quality, miracast, usb to go, 4 microphones and improved camera for low light
    And every other phone for 600-700$ has even more than that (except for the antenna).
    I hate to break it to you, but the Z30 is a midrange device.
    Only because BlackBerry wants 700$ for it, doesn't make it a high-end device.
    If you belive that the Z30 is a high-end device, I've got some bridges to sell you.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 04:20 PM
    As was posted earlier, the brightness is controllable by the OS, perhaps we should be looking at OS versions as well, I have heard that a future releases will have a contrast and brightness setting.

My OS when I compared was 10.2.0.1443 I believe delivered from the carrier and I updated my phone to 10.2.0.1791 I honestly haven't seen a difference and I keep my Zed 30 brightness at 30% and use the dark theme.

Just for reference because the Zed 30 didn't have the dark theme software when I purchased it I compared the light themes between the two phones.

For all those folks looking through this thread I found the display just fine but take a look for yourself or even do what I did and buy the phone to give a good 2 week run through,which I've done and am even happier with the phone and even the display, that according to a few sucks, let me be the one to say the display DOESNT SUCK

Pdinos3, anon721037 and jimpilot like this.
    11-02-13 04:23 PM
269 ... 45678 ...