Sorry, the only crock here is you.

That is such a drama queen statement and totally false.
    Whatever you say buddy. Any way your fanboy mind wants to spin things is fine. Considering that I have been an exclusive BlackBerry user for 10 years and adopted and love BlackBerry 10 entitles me to say how I feel that they perform. Even more so when the facts prove exactly what I am saying. Go see the device in person beside a Z10 or shut your mouth. The Z30 would have been great had BlackBerry not completely botched the display. As it stands the device is mediocre at best. If it wasn't for the battery life and sound, it would have to be tiered below the Z10.

Tell me this though, who exactly benefits from spin at this point? Isn't it better that we give proper feedback to BlackBerry about things that they are doing wrong? I know I did. Did you?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 01:05 PM
    This thread makes me want to go to imore and make fun of their sub hd 4" screens... actually that would be pointless, they are iPhone fans and I'd be speaking to the wrong crowd.

Posted from my Z30
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    11-01-13 01:15 PM
    Whatever you say buddy. Any way your fanboy mind wants to spin things is fine. Considering that I have been an exclusive BlackBerry user for 10 years and adopted and love BlackBerry 10 entitles me to say how I feel that they perform. Even more so when the facts prove exactly what I am saying. Go see the device in person beside a Z10 or shut your mouth. The Z30 would have been great had BlackBerry not completely botched the display. As it stands the device is mediocre at best. If it wasn't for the battery life and sound, it would have to be tiered below the Z10.

Tell me this though, who exactly benefits from spin at this point? Isn't it better that we give proper feedback to BlackBerry about things that they are doing wrong? I know I did. Did you?

Posted via CB10
    Preach!
    11-01-13 01:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    The best thing is, that BlackBerry has prototypes with a 1080p display. And there were plans for the so called O-Series.
    A Z30 with a Quad-CPU and 1080p screen.

I wonder what people will say, (for the case of Prem Watsa not killing the hardware division) when this device hits the market.
    Will it be rejected, because "we don't need these specs"?
    Or will it be seen as the ultimate BlackBerry that should have been the Z30?

This thread makes me want to go to imore and make fun of their sub hd 4" screens... actually that would be pointless, they are iPhone fans and I'd be speaking to the wrong crowd.

Posted from my Z30
    The screen is excellent for a 4 inch phone.
    But in a world where 5 inches is becoming the mainstream, Apple will have to adopt bigger displays like everyone else.
    Apple doesn't have the innovate edge anymore, that they savoured for the last 5 years.

What you completely fail to realise though, is that I like BB10.
    I would totally buy a Z30 for a fair price, because I am a tech enthusiast.
    Hardware from last year, with the price of hardware from tomorrow, isn't really worth getting excited though...

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 01:19 PM
    The best thing is, that BlackBerry has prototypes with a 1080p display. And there were plans for the so called O-Series.
    A Z30 with a Quad-CPU and 1080p screen.

I wonder what people will say, (for the case of Prem Watsa not killing the hardware division) when this device hits the market.
    Will it be rejected, because "we don't need these specs"?
    Or will it be seen as the ultimate BlackBerry that should have been the Z30?

The screen is excellent for a 4 inch phone.
    But in a world where 5 inches is becoming the mainstream, Apple will have to adopt bigger displays like everyone else.
    Apple doesn't have the innovate edge anymore, that they savoured for the last 5 years.

What you completely fail to realise though, is that I like BB10.
    I would totally buy a Z30 for a fair price, because I am a tech enthusiast.
    Hardware from last year, with the price of hardware from tomorrow, isn't really worth getting excited though...

Posted via CB10
    Funny that you say that, showed my z30 to a buddy with a ip5 last night. His words were this "wtf, i wish my phone had a screen like that"

Posted from my Z30
    11-01-13 01:35 PM
    Funny that you say that, showed my z30 to a buddy with a ip5 last night. His words were this "wtf, i wish my phone had a screen like that"

Posted from my Z30
    Wow...
    I show my Z10 to people and they are like:
    Wtf?!?! BlackBerry still makes phones?!?!?! With a touchscreen?!?!?!

@iPhone display:
    It's the best calibrated display in the smartphone market.
    The only thing your story proves, is that your friend apparently doesn't like a well calibrated screen

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 01:47 PM
    Wow...
    I show my Z10 to people and they are like:
    Wtf?!?! BlackBerry still makes phones?!?!?! With a touchscreen?!?!?!

@iPhone display:
    It's the best calibrated display in the smartphone market.
    The only thing your story proves, is that your friend apparently doesn't like a well calibrated screen

Posted via CB10
    Or that he liked the electric looking colors and the size of it.

Posted from my Z30
    11-01-13 01:48 PM
    My Z30 arrived an hour ago. I have it next to my Z10. The Z30 is noticeably dimmer, and it does not have white, it has gray. I'll bite my tongue now to not comment further, as I'll give it some time. But my first reaction is disappointment (understated).
    11-01-13 02:32 PM
    Display is fine, I use it dimmed to the lowest setting and it's brightness is fine. Pixel density is fine for what it is and considering it's amoled at 720p it's less pixels for the gpu to push meaning more power savings. I use this phone to stay in touch efficiently, read news articles and video clips and it does everything I ask of it for up to 2+ days at a time. If you want a huge high ppi display go sit at your desktop or get a tablet if they are offered with 1080p+ screens.

There's nothing wrong with the screen. If your whining it's not as good as the z10 then why don't you just keep quiet for another 8 months when you upgrade your phone again or go buy the freshly released N5? Everyone is still in the 30 day grace period with your purchase (where I live atleast), if you don't like it then return it.

Sheesh. People complaining about this screen don't need to own a z30. It's a business phone not a gamers delight tech stuffed super phone. We've know this for ages.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 02:49 PM
    Display is fine, I use it dimmed to the lowest setting and it's brightness is fine. Pixel density is fine for what it is and considering it's amoled at 720p it's less pixels for the gpu to push meaning more power savings. I use this phone to stay in touch efficiently, read news articles and video clips and it does everything I ask of it for up to 2+ days at a time. If you want a huge high ppi display go sit at your desktop or get a tablet if they are offered with 1080p+ screens.

There's nothing wrong with the screen. If your whining it's not as good as the z10 then why don't you just keep quiet for another 8 months when you upgrade your phone again or go buy the freshly released N5? Everyone is still in the 30 day grace period with your purchase (where I live atleast), if you don't like it then return it.

Sheesh. People complaining about this screen don't need to own a z30. It's a business phone not a gamers delight tech stuffed super phone. We've know this for ages.

Posted via CB10
    You should listen to yourself rant.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-01-13 02:52 PM
    Anybody want to share some popcorn? You guys should listen to yourselves.

BlackBerry Z...my weapon of choice.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    11-01-13 03:08 PM

Posted from my Z30
    ...and complain about their phones not having a HDMI port.

MarsupilamiX and Pdinos3 like this.
    11-01-13 03:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well said! I don't want nor need a kids mega everything, I want what the Z30 offers. I do not need to get into a mine is bigger than your debate with a bunch of folks who think they should be running BlackBerry.

If you don't like the Z30 or think it should have been whatever, you get to keep that opinion as long as you want. Thank you for your thoughts,

I will give them all the attention they are due.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3, 3hb78ftg and Mugenski like this.
    11-01-13 03:20 PM
    Well said! I don't want nor need a kids mega everything, I want what the Z30 offers. I do not need to get into a mine is bigger than your debate with a bunch of folks who think they should be running BlackBerry.

If you don't like the Z30 or think it should have been whatever, you get to keep that opinion as long as you want. Thank you for your thoughts,

I will give them all the attention they are due.

Posted via CB10
    Well put Jim. This thread is getting ridiculous and if I still had my brick phone I'd poke the everyone in the eye with the antenna.

Pdinos3, moody and Mugenski like this.
    11-01-13 03:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have used Blackberrys for more than you. Does that mean that my opinion is worth more than yours? No. And your's is just an opinion, one that is only has marketers to support it, mine has science. I showed the Z30 to everyone in the office and asked them how the screen looked. I played 720p movies and showed pictures. They all said the screen was great. So much for your botched opinion.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    11-01-13 03:53 PM
    Wow, did I wade into the swap by posting in this thread. People get b*tt-hurt here too easy.
    11-01-13 03:56 PM
    The screen isn't horrible it's just not as sharp as the Z10. When I don't have them side by side being analytical then I don't mind it. If you zoom all the way out of a website in desktop mode and expect the smallest words to be eligible in portrait mode then you're going to be disappointed. ; not that I would read anything that small on the Z10 anyways .
    11-01-13 04:22 PM
    I don't like green peppers but I love spinach.
    I'm not allergic to peanuts but I am allergic to dairy products.
    I don't like to smell cigarette smoke but I love the way a pipe smells.
    I consider dirty dished in the sink to = a messy house
    I use to be near sighted but I had lasik surgery and gained 20/10 vision - until I got older. Now I need reading glasses or I have to hold things further away to see them.
    My normal blood pressure is 90/60 - text book normal is 120/80
    My favorite color is yellow
    I'm offended by bad words and I consider he!! and damn to be bad words too
    I love how bright my 9810 screen is, I find my Q10, even on 100%, to be too dark for my liking.
    I find my 9810 to be too small. I even find my Q10 to be too small - I would LOVE a bigger, brighter version.
    I don't consider myself to be a "heavy" phone user but I do consider myself to be a "moderately" heavy user - my co-workers say I am a "heavy" user.
    Most I've ever paid for a cell phone was $279 (Blackberry Curve 8310) and I got it for Christmas because I would not just spend that much $$ on a cell phone. Friends of mine paid $750 for phones just to buy off contract - and they consider this to be a wise purchase.
    If I'm down to may last $200 I think I am broke. My client thinks he's broke when he is down to his last $20m and my son thinks he's great if he still has $20.00
    My point is - everyone is different - everyone sees things differently - smell things differently - taste things differently - hears things differently.

My eyes will see 720ppi differently than your eyes. Specs are just that. They give the consumer the characteristics that make up an item: 1080ppi, 50", etc. But how each consumer views these characteristics is personal.

Amoled is different from LCD - there is no "white" with amoled. It's different so holding a Z10 to a Z30 is only useful if you want to see the difference between the two.

To fuss and argue and call people names over how they perceive the display of a Z10, Z30 or Q10 is futile.
    To fuss and argue and call people names over how much an item should cost is futile.

Everyone needs to understand what is relative or important or preferred is subject to change for each person.

What would be the most beneficial here, IMHO, is for people to share their thoughts, opinions, and experiences as those things may help someone else in their own decision making.

When you get a new phone, you want to talk about it. When your considering a new purchase you want to read about it.

So take a deep breath release it and take a moment
    Last edited by moodyk13; 11-01-13 at 04:35 PM.
    11-01-13 04:23 PM
    Wow, did I wade into the swap by posting in this thread. People get b*tt-hurt here too easy.
    Maybe the swamp. But i can't believe you're understatedly dissapointed by the display.
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    11-01-13 04:25 PM
    I use to be near sighted but I had lasik surgery and gained 20/10 vision - until I got older. Now I need reading glasses or I have to hold things further away to see them.
    I love how bright my 9810 screen is, I find my Q10, even on 100%, to be too dark for my liking.
    I find my 9810 to be too small. I even find my Q10 to be too small - I would LOVE a bigger, brighter version.
    I don't consider myself to be a "heavy" phone user but I do consider myself to be a "moderately" heavy user - my co-workers say I am a "heavy" user.
    Most I've ever paid for a cell phone was $279 (Blackberry Curve 8310) and I got it for Christmas because I would not just spend that much $$ on a cell phone. Friends of mine paid $750 for phones just to buy off contract - and they consider this to be a wise purchase.
    If I'm down to may last $200 I think I am broke. My client thinks he's broke when he is down to his last $20m and my son thinks he's great if he still has $20.00
    My point is - everyone is different - everyone sees things differently - smell things differently - taste things differently - hears things differently.

My eyes will see 720ppi differently than your eyes. Specs are just that. They give the consumer the characteristics that make up an item: 1080ppi, 50", etc. But how each consumer views these characteristics is personal.

Amoled is different from LCD - there is no "white" with amoled. It's different so holding a Z10 to a Z30 is only useful if you want to see the difference between the two.

To fuss and argue and call people names over how they perceive the display of a Z10, Z30 or Q10 is futile.
    To fuss and argue and call people names over how much an item should cost is futile.

Everyone needs to understand what is relative or important or preferred is subject to change for each person.

What would be the most beneficial here, IMHO, is for people to share their thoughts, opinions, and experiences as those things may help someone else in their own decision making.

When you get a new phone, you want to talk about it. When your considering a new purchase you want to read about it.

Now that's one he!! of a post K.

*Trolls be warned*

Do not try and start any sh*t with this lady or her opinions. They are all done in good taste and if you can't accept that then A LOT of people will come down on you.

So many users have lost focus on what forums are all about. Keep it clean, simple and show some respect; how hard can that be? Why must you always end up treating each other the way you do? When will you get it through your thick heads that "NO PRODUCT IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT DEVICE". This may have that and that may have this but after reading all the bickering that is going on back and forth makes my 2 year old daughter look like a grown up with a PhD.

Moody makes an excellent point that has me asking myself "what is wrong with everyone?" I for one know that if my mother knew I was treating others the way half of you do, she'd literally beat my a..

Forums are for seeking and providing assistance, expressing ones views while learning others, engaging in open minded discussions and meeting other who share the same interests. I know there are other things that I missed but this is what I mainly use them for.

There is no need to get into a pissing contest over a display. Some of you should go back and read this thread to see how idiotic you sound.

Last edited by 3hb78ftg; 11-01-13 at 08:17 PM.
    moody and Kessaz like this.
    11-01-13 05:09 PM

Wait I have a question....

Your favorite color is yellow?
    moody and 3hb78ftg like this.
    11-01-13 05:23 PM
    Now that's one he!! of a post K.

*Trolls be warned*

Do not try and start any sh*t with this lady or her opinions. They are all done in good taste and if you can't accept that then A LOT of people will come down on you.

So many users have lost focus on what forums are all about. Keep it clean, simple and show some respect; how hard can that be? Why must you always end up treating each other the way you do? When will you get it through your thick heads that "NO PRODUCT IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT DEVICE". This may have that and that may have this but after reading all the bickering that is going on back and forth makes my 2 year old daughter look like a grown up with a PhD.

Moody makes an excellent point that has me asking myself "what is wrong with everyone?" I for one know that if my mother knew I was treating others the way half of you do, she'd literally beat my a..

Forums are for seeking and providing assistance, expressing ones views while learning others, engaging in open minded discussions and meeting other who share the same interests. I know there are other things that I missed but this is what I mainly use them for.

There is no need to get into a pissing contest or a display. Some of you should go back and read this thread to see how idiotic you sound.

Best.....post....ever....

Posted via CB10
    3hb78ftg and moody like this.
    11-01-13 06:53 PM

Posted from my Z30
    I'm gonna guess that you will not get much support trashing iPhones on an iPhone fan site. Unlike here where it seems there is constant trashing of all things BlackBerry by people who call themselves fans. Rather than putting several minds together to help all make their BlackBerry's better. It seems to me that used to be the norm here when I first started on this site....

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and moody like this.
    11-01-13 07:00 PM
    I'm gonna guess that you will not get much support trashing iPhones on an iPhone fan site. Unlike here where it seems there is constant trashing of all things BlackBerry by people who call themselves fans. Rather than putting several minds together to help all make their BlackBerry's better. It seems to me that used to be the norm here when I first started on this site....

Posted via CB10
    So it's not enough to buy a BlackBerry, you also need to be supportive and distort reality?
    Sorry, but you lost me there.
    We can talk all day about how great it is that BB10 doesn't have a home button, but that will not make the Z30 display any better.
    It also won't make BB10 any better.
    And it won't change the fact of BlackBerry being in real trouble when it boils down to sale numbers and public image right now.

Do I earn the official fanboy badge, if I made suggestions in the BlackBerry Beta Zone and if I fill out some surveys send to me via email?
    If yes, I would actually qualify for it

@iPhone forums:
    You should see how they react when somebody mentions that the screen of the iPhone is too small.
    It's hilarious.

Or go in a Samsung forum and tell them how cheap the build quality is, comparable to a HTC One.

Fanboys are always the same:
    Reality distorting individuals who can't take criticism.
    They are by definition irrational.
    BlackBerry fanboys and girls are no different.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 07:09 PM
    Maybe the swamp. But i can't believe you're understatedly dissapointed by the display.
    You don't have to believe it but with time you may come to accept it.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-01-13 07:26 PM
269 ... 34567 ...