Don't know about all the outlook stuff. I have mine in a pocket pouch which leaves the top exposed. Well stupid me keeps putting my phone in my top jacket pocket then I bend over to pick something up and out goes my phone in the pouch on the concrete. I have done this 4 times now and I do have a chip out of a corner that I even filed a little to smooth out lol. I'd say it's very well built. Now if someone could slap me so I quit putting my phone there!
    That's exactly what happened to me; I had my Z30 in the BlackBerry holster (much like the BlackBerry pouch) which leaves top corners exposed. I dropped it, and of course it landed on an exposed corner, scratching it. So now I put it back into my Otterbox Commuter case.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    skm67 likes this.
    05-03-14 11:19 AM
    That's exactly what happened to me; I had my Z30 in the BlackBerry holster (much like the BlackBerry pouch) which leaves top corners exposed. I dropped it, and of course it landed on an exposed corner, scratching it. So now I put it back into my Otterbox Commuter case.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    Does that case make the Z30 absolutely un-pocketable? Or is it not that bad?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 03:51 PM
    Hi folks! Where can I get replacement of my Z30 broken glass?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 04:09 PM
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the feedback!!

I have decided to order the Z30!

And I think I should get a case as I am also a clutzberry! . Thinking a bumper style case would be good...

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    moody likes this.
    05-07-14 01:14 PM
    One thing I found handy with the cases is the fact the volume buttons are sensitive. I used a bumper case and took care of that problem as I like to put my phone in my pocket. When I had mine naked and the phone would ring, I would accidentally hit the volume button. Also about the weight, you do get used to the weight. I like to feel a phone and its grip.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Cornhuskur

Do you have a link for the bumper case you mentioned? What is it made of? How well do you like the bumper case?

I have a bumper case on my iphone5 and it has done a great job of protecting the phone and keeps bulk to a minimum.

My torch 9850 is naked and has bumps and bruises. I was never able to find a case I liked for it, perhaps because of its unique shape???

Thanks again!
    05-08-14 12:57 PM
    Congrats on your purchase! Can't wait to hear from you once you get it.

Posted via CB10 - the app that doesn't exist
    skm67 likes this.
    05-08-14 01:31 PM
    Hi Moodyk13

It should be delivered today! I can't wait to play with it!!

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    05-08-14 01:45 PM
    Just remember that it may take a few days to get use to it. There may be some things you really really hate at first but just keep using.

Also post here what version OS it came with then I can tell you which one is the very best. Right now I'm on the latest leaked OS and it's great.

If you need help w/ how to get any OS let me know and I'll walk you through it.

skm67 likes this.
    05-08-14 01:54 PM
    Wow! Thanks!
    05-08-14 02:40 PM
    If you're still looking for a seidio-like case/holster, check this one out:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/351027219476

I've had this one mine since day 3 (shipped fast), and it's quite good. Only downside is the lack of magnet for the sleeper function, but I've seen someone take the magnet out of an old BlackBerry holster and just wedge it behind the belt clip assembly.

Posted via CB10
    skm67 likes this.
    05-08-14 02:54 PM
    When you get it, take the time to learn the gestures. Once you learn them, you'll be passed every time that you touch an android or iOS phone or tablet. They really are garbage in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    skm67 likes this.
    05-08-14 03:12 PM
    Hi Animalpak200

Thanks for the link to the holster, but I tried a holster like that once before and liked the seidio holsters better. The clip at the top of the seidio keeps the phone from getting pushed up and out like when I sit in my car and it also protects the lower corners.

I'm disappointed seidio doesn't have a holster for the z30 but I'll probably find a more popular phone that is the same size as the z30 at the verizon store and order a seidio holster for that one. Update: I was at the Verizon store yesterday and compared the z30 to other phones and found it to be very close to the Samsung galaxy s5, though it is about a millimeter thicker. I ordered a bumper case and am waiting for it to arrive. Once that is here I can start the search for a holster.

Thanks though!
    Last edited by skm67; 05-15-14 at 01:36 PM.
    05-08-14 03:24 PM
    Hi kfh227

Thanks for the tip! I've already spent some quality time with the z30 at the verizon store on a few different occasions and was able to familiarize myself with it a little but I'm looking forward to spending lots of time with it when I get it later today!!

What are your favorite gestures?

Thanks
    05-08-14 03:25 PM
    The Z30 sucks, it's probably the most horrid device I've seen by far. Unless you were born with an extra chromosome, the only thing going for the Z30 is the fact that it's death will be slow but unnoticed, the same way the stocks of BBRY will go belly up and eventually die soon.
    Questions about Z30-does-not-like.png

skm67 likes this.
    05-08-14 04:37 PM
    The Z30 sucks, it's probably the most horrid device I've seen by far. Unless you were born with an extra chromosome, the only thing going for the Z30 is the fact that it's death will be slow but unnoticed, the same way the stocks of BBRY will go belly up and eventually die soon.
    Spoil sport
    Party pooper

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    05-08-14 05:38 PM
    Take it easy everyone! Djlatino was just joking around and trying to get my thread some attention.
    05-08-14 05:53 PM
    Hi Animalpak200

Thanks for the link to the holster, but I tried a holster like that once before and liked the seidio holsters better. The clip at the top of the seidio keeps the phone from getting pushed up and out like when I sit in my car and it also protects the lower corners.

I'm disappointed seidio doesn't have a holster for the z30 but I'll probably find a more popular phone that is the same size as the z30 at the verizon store and order a seidio holster for that one.

Thanks though!
    That's actually a pretty good idea, let us know if any actually fit/work!

Posted via CB10
    skm67 likes this.
    05-08-14 10:02 PM
    Take it easy everyone! Djlatino was just joking around and trying to get my thread some attention.
    Oh I know that.

He's still a party pooper & spoil sport.

skm67 likes this.
    05-08-14 10:12 PM
    Hi everyone

I got my z30 last night and played with it almost non stop until I went to bed!

Some initial impressions:

The swipe to unlock thing is pretty cool!

I wish the delete button in emails was on the bottom row instead of under the overflow menu. And also I like the way BB os7 handled deleting emails better- one button to delete from device and another to delete from both device and server, BB os10 requires two button presses to do what only took one before. I hope they remember the efficiency that was in os7 in future updates.

The hub is great!! And so is the swipy interface!!

I can finally view HTML emails on my BB!!! And they look great!

For some reason, some emails are zoomed in when I open them and I can't see the entire width of the email until I pinch to zoom out. The problem with this is sometimes, when trying to zoom out, a link is triggered and the browser is opened inadvertently. Not a big deal, more of an annoyance but still not efficient.

I charged the z30 for a little while as soon as I got it. When the led turned green I took it off charge and started playing with it until midnight and the battery was just about dead. I charged it all last night, so I am curious how long the battery will last today. Update: the battery is doing great! Plenty left at the end of the day!

The initial steps of getting it setup to call with the new SIM card could have been a little smoother. When I got my iphone5 all I had to do was power it up and it started working. Why can't verizon and BB make it that easy for the z30? There was a screen that said it was activating the sim but that never happened and even after a couple reboots it still wasn't working so I dialed *228 but that didn't help. Then I dialed *611 and finally got the sim activated.

I put my old sd card from my torch 9850 into the z30 and it worked! And the z30 found all my pics and music!! That was pretty cool and a nice surprise that I didn't need to do anything!

It has a big beautiful display!! I was a little concerned when I was at the verizon store and it didn't look as good and bright as the android phones that were all around it, but it compares very well to my iphone5 here at home.

I've noticed that the z30 doesn't notify me as quickly as the iphone5 that I have new email but when it does notify me, the email is there waiting for me!! It doesn't need to download after I open the hub like the iPhone! I still have push email! Update: well I don't think I really have push email, it seems to be polling per my settings. I've had delays of about 4 minutes between my iPhone 5 and the z30... very disappointing. What free email providers work with blackberry 10 to provide push email? Update2: I found an app called Color LED Message that will drop the email polling interval down to one minute!!! It's not push, but it's close enough.

The speakers are fantastic!!!!!!

In general, it has been a pretty positive experience, I'll put up more as I get to it. I want to keep playing with it but have to get some work done. I've just barely scratched the surface.
    Last edited by skm67; 05-14-14 at 01:40 AM.
    05-09-14 12:04 PM
    Just remember that it may take a few days to get use to it. There may be some things you really really hate at first but just keep using.

Also post here what version OS it came with then I can tell you which one is the very best. Right now I'm on the latest leaked OS and it's great.

If you need help w/ how to get any OS let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Hi Moodyk13

I'm not sure what os version was on the z30, It made me update right away and didn't tell me what version I was on.

The os is currently 10.2.1.2126

Is there another os you would recommend?

Thanks
    05-09-14 12:08 PM
    To activate mine, all I did was pop in the SIM and turn it on. It did everything on its own. Glad you got your's up and running. It's a great messaging device and with the bigger screen I actually play some games on it.

Posted via CB10
    skm67 likes this.
    05-09-14 12:21 PM
    To activate mine, all I did was pop in the SIM and turn it on. It did everything on its own. Glad you got your's up and running. It's a great messaging device and with the bigger screen I actually play some games on it.

Posted via CB10
    Weird! I wonder why my z30 didn't...
    05-09-14 12:26 PM
    Weird! I wonder why my z30 didn't...
    Is weird as mine was pop in SIM, connected to vzw.
    skm67 likes this.
    05-09-14 12:32 PM
    Hi Moodyk13

I'm not sure what os version was on the z30, It made me update right away and didn't tell me what version I was on.

The os is currently 10.2.1.2126

Is there another os you would recommend?

Thanks
    First I will address your concern in your earlier post regarding speed of which you receive email notifications. Be sure to check sync settings as I believe the default is one hour. I have mine set to 5 minutes.

I am running the latest leak which is Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3175. Before that I was on 10.2.1.2228 and it was awesome for me. This new one is also good so far but I just loaded it a few days ago so I reserve final judgment on it as I see how it goes. So I would recommend 10.2.1.2228 as I got better battery life w/ it than I did with 2126.

And...... CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW PHONE!!!!

05-09-14 07:15 PM
    Hi moodyk13

Thanks!!!!

I have set the notifications to the minimum. The weird thing is sometimes the delay between the iphone5 and z30 is just a few seconds and other times it can be 30 seconds to a minute.

I'll check out that os.

Thanks again!
    moody likes this.
    05-09-14 07:29 PM
71 123