To those of you who (luckily) have a Z30, I have a couple of questions about the device.
    Do you find it difficult to swipe up because of the size of the screen? (I kind of had a hard time at the store, but it was a demo so...)
    Is the device itself solid (does it have Gorilla Glass to protect the screen?) or does it feel flimsy?
    How is the battery?

And finally, what are your general impressions?
    Thanks.
    11-08-13 05:55 PM
    Great battery. Solid feel. Not too big for average hands. I one thumb type w/o difficulty.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:18 PM
    No gorilla glass. I use ishield.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:19 PM
    Get one. You will not be sorry!

Posted from my gorgeous Z30
    11-08-13 06:22 PM
    Since it is bigger screen also means keyboard is wider, so keys are bigger, so typing one or two thumb s I find easier

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:29 PM
    To those of you who (luckily) have a Z30, I have a couple of questions about the device.
    Do you find it difficult to swipe up because of the size of the screen? (I kind of had a hard time at the store, but it was a demo so...)
    Is the device itself solid (does it have Gorilla Glass to protect the screen?) or does it feel flimsy?
    How is the battery?

Thanks.
    It's actually surprising how sleek this 5 incher phone is. Most other Android phones look fat and ugly compared side by side.
    The screen isn't Gorilla Glass but it isn't completely scratch attractive. I'd recommend a self healing screen protector all the same.
    It feels solid in the hands. Like you can really feel that it's built to last. Its a tad bit heavier than the Z10 for sure but the size and curvature of the device + glass weave back make it a joy to hold.
    The battery is monstrous. I get 12 hours easy when I would struggle for 4 hours on my Z10 (carriers here have crappy reception compared to the US/Europe)
    You may want to invest in a premium fast charger because the default one charges slowly (this is a relative thing because of the bigger battery)

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 06:38 PM
    I have Z10 and once tried z30 and I found it too heavy for my liking. I also feel that due to larger size swipes are not as effective as on z10. The advantages that I noticed were smoother ui and easier to type on bigger keyboard. I decided to keep my z10 instead. A friend of mine preferred z30 to z10 as by his words it feels more like a real phone, not a toy.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-13 07:17 PM
    I received my Z30 two days ago from Rogers in Canada and as a previous Z10 user can say the device is a winner. Gestures are not a problem, the O/S seems smoother, battery life is magical lasting more than a day and half with heavy use. New antenna system seems to pull in cell sites much better, larger screen allows ease of read, audio system is the best BlackBerry has ever used.

So impressed with the Z30 and is clearly equal to or better than the current competitor top units out there.

Get one!

Stephen Green on Z30 to CB10
    11-08-13 07:58 PM
    I am coming from iphone 4s, my bf has z10 and played with his some to compare bb10 before making my choice. With my z30 I have little to no issues with swipes. I can type pretty well with one hand. It's just when it comes to gestures that require the top of the screen that I really need to use two hands. The typing experience does feel very nice on the z30 and I love how it rarely ever gets words wrong. (now when I play with my iPhone it just feels crammed, even compares to the z10 you can feel the difference in the keyboard. Battery is amazing, I work 12 hour shifts and it can get me through the whole day easy. (as it stands this charge I have 27% left after 28 hours with mixed use, but it doesn't always last that long if I am watching more TV on my phone).
    Hardware feels very high quality, I love the texture on the back of the phone and it just feels tough and worth the 600$ unlike some androids out there *cough gs4..

All in all I do not regret my switch at all. Excellent phone all around. Now to just pressure some of these big app guys to get on board lol

From my z30
    11-08-13 08:44 PM
    It's great to hear such good things about the Z30. So no one has difficulty swiping up (to minimize an app) with one hand?
    11-08-13 09:13 PM
    Battery life is not something you even have to worry about with this phone to be honest. Unless you are deep in the backwoods and always have problems getting signal, or you are major power user and live in your phone all the time (as in no phone you have ever had could keep up with your demands in battery life no matter how many spare batteries you got yourself), you will be happy with the battery life of this phone.

I personally like the build quality. I don't love it, it's no Expedia Z1 for being waterproof or a Galaxy S4 active for being... everything proof.... but it does feel very well put together and feels like it could handle an active lifestyle. The soft-touch backing definitely helps keep a grip on the phone while using it for typing or anything really, and I really like the look of the whole thing.

I printed some test shots from it in 8x10 size, the camera definitely does the job better than any previous BlackBerry device, but even the iPhone 5s has better camera quality (or should I say even the nexus 5). That said, the camera is pretty decent and has gotten me a few very good shots in recent use.

Typing is... well how can I put this lightly... this phone is amazing for not only typing accurately and quickly, but for correcting when you make typical typos from trying to go so quickly with your fingers on the touch screen. It isn't perfect, but it is far and above better than any other device for correction capabilities in all forms of messaging, and the fact that it learns what you tend to wish to say is a major bonus.

There are still features I am working on getting a chance to use, but for the most part everything about this phone is amazing for anyone who is a BlackBerry fan.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    11-08-13 09:19 PM
    It's great to hear such good things about the Z30. So no one has difficulty swiping up (to minimize an app) with one hand?
    I imagined I'd be having a hard time but no the only time I have difficulty is one handed typing of words that I don't usually use. Otherwise the flick saves me every single time.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 03:52 AM
    How is the battery?

Thanks.
    I find it a burden as I have a screen protector on it. The bottom of the screen protector makes my thumb stop in a sense.

The device is premium. It feels great not the cheap plastic feel in Samsung. I personally like the carbon back cover material haha.

Battery can easily last u one day. No doubt. Biggest battery BlackBerry has installed today.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 04:15 AM
    Love my Z30. Battery life is phenomenal. Over 12 hours on a charge before I even see the 20% battery warning, and Im a heavy user. The Z10 would crap out after 6 hours.

Best phone Ive ever owned, and absolutely love the bigger screen. 10.2 is great too.
    11-09-13 05:34 AM
    I can get 2 days out of the battery. I find the Z30 to be the best built 5"device on the market. I have no problem with a one hand use. I love this phone. Purely the best in class device.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:41 AM
    I'm quite happy with my Z30, and I did have the Z10...I did put a basic screen protector (ghost armor hasn't released one yet)...I have only one small issue...I purchased the leather flip case and put it on, but now I can't get it off at all, not that its a bad thing, but I do like to change covers on occasion....
    11-09-13 07:41 PM
    Just got it today. No issues with swiping
    Up with one hand. Though typing with one hand is a little challenging cuz of screen size. Two hand typing is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 07:49 PM