For now I am very happy with my two Z30s. I prefer the screen brightness and size of my Z10, but everything else on the Z30 is awesome! I am interested in seeing how the slider turns out. I would prefer more internal memory, a brighter screen, good (replaceable) battery, and a convenient, pocketable size. Otherwise, an upgraded Z30 would be nice.
    X2...Yep, the Z10 brightness and ability to see the screen/email is nicer.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    07-30-15 10:56 AM
    No interest in a slider phone and would hope for something more inline with a Z10/Z30 for an upgrade path. I sometimes thing BB doesnt listen to their customers when I see their roadmap plans.
    It almost appears that BlackBerry does listen to their customers and then does something completely different... almost as if they wish to grab defeat from the jaws of victory... so that Chairman Chen can declare hardware a failure... while seeking the appearance of success in areas where he fancies himself an expert.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 12:50 PM
    It almost appears that BlackBerry does listen to their customers and then does something completely different... almost as if they wish to grab defeat from the jaws of victory... so that Chairman Chen can declare hardware a failure... while seeking the appearance of success in areas where he fancies himself an expert.

Posted via CB10
    Well I won't be upgrading till I see a z40
    07-30-15 01:38 PM
    I have a Z30, since November 2013, and I am nearing the end of my two year contract. I'm considering a physical keyboard device as my next one as I used to use a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I was all about the physical keyboard. Now, I feel like I've gotten really used to the Z30's keyboard, however, I think something like the Classic would be a nice change. It probably wouldn't actually be much of an upgrade, in fact, I'd like to try out the Q10 of I could. I am very leery though about double typing issues, and because of that, I am almost remote to just stick with using my Z30. I wouldn't consider a Leap as I feel like it wouldn't be a significant enough change from my very good Z30.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    07-30-15 02:06 PM
    I have a Z30, since November 2013, and I am nearing the end of my two year contract. I'm considering a physical keyboard device as my next one as I used to use a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I was all about the physical keyboard. Now, I feel like I've gotten really used to the Z30's keyboard, however, I think something like the Classic would be a nice change. It probably wouldn't actually be much of an upgrade, in fact, I'd like to try out the Q10 of I could. I am very leery though about double typing issues, and because of that, I am almost remote to just stick with using my Z30. I wouldn't consider a Leap as I feel like it wouldn't be a significant enough change from my very good Z30.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    Stock up on an extra couple of keyboards if you're worried (they are super cheap and very easy to replace).

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-30-15 02:12 PM
    Just got my self a z30 again for an awesome price of �100 pounds in the UK phone was mint condition the z30 still has a lot to offer I feel in till a next full touch BlackBerry comes out.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 02:55 PM
    Just got my self a z30 again for an awesome price of �100 pounds in the UK phone was mint condition the z30 still has a lot to offer I feel in till a next full touch BlackBerry comes out.

Posted via CB10
    I feel ripped off, mine cost me 260 quid
    07-30-15 05:19 PM
    I'm willing to check out the slider when it comes out, but I'm very happy with my Z30. It handles everything I need so that I am in no rush to upgrade or look for another phone. I guess my real issue is if Verizon doesn't carry the slider and it wows me: will my Z30 be enough to keep me with Verizon? =)
    Then you can try your hand into the world of unlocked phones. Lots of great savings even after you drop the cost of the device.

Btw, a Jersey kid is supposed to support the Giants and not the Eagles. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 08:26 AM
    Id like to see a faster z30, same phone, same form, same screen, just faster (:
    08-02-15 11:59 PM
    Id like to see a faster z30, same phone, same form, same screen, just faster (:
    But a different style also
    08-03-15 11:50 AM
    Once I went to touch screen, first on a 10 and now a 30, there is no going back to KB for me. Had gotten a Classic after my Z10 got bricked, but returned it before the week's end for this Z30. Tis the best BlackBerry, IMHO. So no point in even considering a slider. I'm looking for the Z30 upgrade.

Sporting a Black Zed 30, STA 100-5, SR 10.3.1.1865, OS 10.3.1.2708
    tanzarian likes this.
    08-03-15 12:05 PM
    Once I went to touch screen, first on a 10 and now a 30, there is no going back to KB for me. Had gotten a Classic after my Z10 got bricked, but returned it before the week's end for this Z30. Tis the best BlackBerry, IMHO. So no point in even considering a slider. I'm looking for the Z30 upgrade.

Sporting a Black Zed 30, STA 100-5, SR 10.3.1.1865, OS 10.3.1.2708
    I'm with u on that but I think we are out of luck and there won't be any z30 upgrade
    08-03-15 02:36 PM
    I guess i'm among the rare breed that can't wait for the slider to come out. I realllllly wanted to love the BlackBerry vkb, but truth be told the only reason why i'm not using my q10 right now is purely screen real estate. I type out a lot of emails on my phone and for me, nothing beats the feel and accuracy of the pkb. So really, the slider will best of both worlds for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 12:40 AM
    I've heard the Slider is very light. If that's the case, it will be an excellent Z30 replacement.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    As long as it has the same VKB as all other BlackBerry 10 touch screen devices I'm good to go. I would hate to be forced to slide up the screen every time to type because the VKB was poorly implemented.

Not that I believe that will happen, as it makes absolutely no sense for BlackBerry to change the current VKB look or behavior in any way.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    08-04-15 07:04 AM
    I'm still very happy with my Z30 and hope to get another two years out of it. I have been using it for six months now. Right now BlackBerry doesn't offer a phone I would replace this with early. If it broke in a year I would probably either get it repaired or get a Leap. If BlackBerry went android or only made physical keyboard devices I would probably end up using a feature phone and stop using smartphones entirely.

I won't compromise my communications by using an android / iOS phone and installing apps on it.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:16 AM
    I'm still very happy with my Z30 and hope to get another two years out of it. I have been using it for six months now. Right now BlackBerry doesn't offer a phone I would replace this with early. If it broke in a year I would probably either get it repaired or get a Leap. If BlackBerry went android or only made physical keyboard devices I would probably end up using a feature phone and stop using smartphones entirely.

I won't compromise my communications by using an android / iOS phone and installing apps on it.

Posted via CB10
    I've had my Z30 for almost 2 years (20 months) and am a heavy user and my battery health is still a respectable 92%. You should have no problem with your Z30 lasting another couple of years. As you know it is one solid phone. I've dropped it several times. The first drop was on the edge of a cement driveway with no case on and all that happened was a very small (1/16") scratch on the corner edge of the Silver chin. After buying a multitude of cases I'm happiest with a $6 clear TPU case from eBay. I've had several more drops, mostly inside on carpet or wood floors. During a recent hospital stay I dropped it on very hard cement type floor and it was just fine.

The Z30 really is a well made, amazing machine that also works as a phone.

My bitchin' BlackBerry Z30
    08-04-15 12:40 PM
    But a different style also
    Slightly bigger, LCD screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 01:23 PM
    Z30 is my first BlackBerry experience, and really like it. Either the Os, and device is perfect. No lagging, no performance lost during all dAy usage, and a good battery performance. Thanks for BlackBerry for developing such kind of device with good performance.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Kowalczyk1 likes this.
    08-04-15 01:36 PM
    I've had both the Z10 and Z30. I am currently using the Z30 and have been since Nov 2014 and am very pleased with the build,performance and reliability of the phone.
    From all the things written about BlackBerry, it seems they are in their own little world and don't realize that the Z30 is a very good platform to upgrade instead of all the different types of new phones they are coming out with.
    They have a problem with advertising in the mainstream of the population.
    I hope they stay in business and provide us the consumer with what we would like to see happen. Making a buck is the answer I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Kowalczyk1 likes this.
    08-05-15 09:06 AM
    I've had my Z30 for almost 2 years (20 months) and am a heavy user and my battery health is still a respectable 92%.
    Not to sidetrack too much, but from where are you quoting this battery health figure? If you mean in BBVE in the power category, the battery health indicator is simply a colored dot. The % to the right is the current charge state of the battery, not an indicator of the battery's overall health.

Richard
    extisis likes this.
    08-05-15 10:18 AM
    I'm getting the battery health percentage from the PowerTools app.

08-05-15 12:23 PM
    I'm getting the battery health percentage from the PowerTools app.

I'm pretty sure that's the exact same thing. "V7.0 now includes Wallpaper Toolbar. Display Battery %, Weather info and custom text"

I can't imagine any app that could accurately determine the battery's health, unless it had a fairly good algorithm that considered the total number of full charges, total amount of usage vs. % remaining after each full charge, etc., tracked over the life of the battery from day one.

Having an app display battery % information was useful before the OS updates brought it clearly to the forefront on the lock screen.

Richard
    extisis likes this.
    08-05-15 12:40 PM
    Battery and System Analyzer (BaSA) also provides Battery Health. I am not sure but it may be a "factor" that is stored or kept with the battery.
    08-05-15 04:14 PM
    Battery and System Analyzer (BaSA) also provides Battery Health. I am not sure but it may be a "factor" that is stored or kept with the battery.
    I think the best way to gauge your battery health is by using it for a day (or several) and observing how quickly it discharges, preferably on idle.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 08:06 PM
    The Z30 is fine for me, but in a couple of years when the battery stops holding a charge I'm sure I'll want a similarly sized phone with passport (or better) specs.
    08-07-15 11:22 AM
105 ... 2345