Do u want a upgrade to your BlackBerry z30 or did u or will u get the slider/passport/classic/leap
    Personally I didn't get the leap or passport or classic and I will not get the slider I want a z30 upgrade but I want to hear everyone's opinion on here
    In my particular case, I expect a Z30 upgrade (full touch) running BlackBerry 10. Otherwise I will switch to iOS with the future BlackBerry Experience Suite.
    07-29-15 03:15 AM
    An UP grade is always good, BUT non of existing BB10 devices are better than Z30.
    If BB comes with better specification all touch device then most of us would love to upgrade.
    But with new all high end touch phone BB10 OS itself needs upgrade.
    lady of the lake likes this.
    07-29-15 05:03 AM
    If Chen weren't such an 1d10t he would realize that if 214 out of 216 people who know about it find it a great device that needs a replacement... just think how brilliant he would be if he simply told a few hundred million people about it?!

Posted via CB10
    The consumer market is long, long gone for BlackBerry. The last thing BlackBerry needs is another CEO chasing unicorns!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    diegonei and Flatman like this.
    07-29-15 06:50 AM
    The consumer market is long, long gone for BlackBerry. The last thing BlackBerry needs is another CEO chasing unicorns!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Also, let's not forget he did acknowledge that the people in the enterprise are also consumers.

The rumors of two devices per year may finally get us a flagship qwerty and a flagship touchscreen (or two very cheap devices for fleet upgrades... let's wait and see).

But Chen is no headstrong *****, unlike some around here that just refuse to see what's the company is doing.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 08:16 AM
    The consumer market is long, long gone for BlackBerry.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    That is true. Primarily because of the 1d10ts in charge.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 09:24 AM
    I thought I wanted a slider, but then thought "For who, for what"? I Like the Z30 I have. I would like to try out a Passport, but never see one so for now it's Z30 for me. I like some of the upgrades some have suggested.
    07-29-15 09:37 AM
    That is true. Primarily because of the 1d10ts in charge.

Posted via CB10
    A lifetime before Chen. They were 2 years late with BB10. It was all over then.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-29-15 09:59 AM
    I have had my Z30 since January 2015 and it has met my requirements for a phone. My needs are as follows : 1) Good reception as my office is in a dead spot for most phones, 2) integrates well with work, 3) allows me to carry one phone, 4) great battery life to get through a complete work day, and 5) runs the required android apps.

It meets my requirements, but if I had to suggest improvements, they would be faster CPU, at least 32GB of internal storage and a brighter display in sunlight. A faster, better camera would round out the list of improvements.

Posted via CB10
    tanzarian likes this.
    07-29-15 10:22 AM
    A lifetime before Chen. They were 2 years late with BB10. It was all over then.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Nope.

Chen presided over a time when:

BB10 was finally stable
    XBBM was finally reliable
    BB Blend was released
    BBM Meetings was released
    Passport was released

And he willfully told no one, while at the same time destroying carrier relations, throwing developers under the bus, firing the people responsible for the awesome stuff listed above... and concentrating solely in areas where BlackBerry has NOT demonstrated core competence.

He is the worst CEO of all of them... though he might have made a great CFO.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 10:48 AM
    If whatever comes next for all-touch, slider or not - is bigger physically than the Z30, nah. Don't get me wrong; I love the idea of the slider and I got lots of use out of my old 9800 Torch. The Z30 is just right at the edge of too big, so larger would be bad, IMO. I know the trend is to go to bigger and bigger screens but it impacts the ease of use adversely.

We're very happy with our Z30's, would have been happy still if it were a tiny bit smaller - like a Z10 but with better specs. So to sum up, if whatever's next goes too large, we'll stick with the Z30. Still performing just fine. If either of ours catastrophically croak, we have 2 brand new spares in their boxes, sitting in the file cabinet.

Richard
    07-29-15 10:51 AM
    Nope.

BB10 was finally stable
    BB Blend was released
    Passport was released

And he willfully told no one, while at the same time destroying carrier relations, throwing developers under the bus, firing the people responsible for the awesome stuff listed above... and concentrating solely in areas where BlackBerry has NOT demonstrated core competence.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 was lost before it came out of the gate. No doubt whatsoever.

It was too late. Numbers don't lie.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    07-29-15 10:55 AM
    BB10 was lost before it came out of the gate. No doubt whatsoever.

It was too late. Numbers don't lie.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    That conclusion cannot be made when no one even knew about the things I listed above.

No one outside these forums even today knows of such things because Chen willfully and purposefully chose not to tell them.

When no one knows you even exist... there is zero chance to succeed.

I agree it is (or soon will be) all over for BlackBerry hardware.

That failure lies, in very large part, squarely at the feet of Chen.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 11:14 AM
    That conclusion cannot be made when no one even knew about the things I listed above.

No one outside these forums even today knows of such things because Chen willfully and purposefully chose not to tell them.

When no one knows you even exist... there is zero chance to succeed.

I agree it is (or soon will be) all over for BlackBerry hardware.

That failure lies, in very large part, squarely at the feet of Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Agree to disagree.

The situation was done long before any of the things you list. Those items bolster the corporate offering, and no illusions existed that they would represent a turnaround in the consumer segment.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Last edited by conite; 07-29-15 at 11:42 AM.
    07-29-15 11:22 AM
    Happy with my jump back to BlackBerry  from an iPhone 5s to a z30, and many years ago I was a BlackBerry  Bold 9000 user.

If BlackBerry  can improve the efficiency of the camera software (the camera hardware is pretty damn good), and add Google play to work 99%, I see no reason the z30 wouldn't last another couple of years.

The screen brightness is a tradeoff but it doesn't bother me. The only thing that bugs me is the lack of case designs and inventory, but it's been two years lol.

If the slider is a major jump I might be tempted to upgrade in a year or two

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 11:24 AM
    Nope.

BB10 was finally stable
    BB Blend was released
    Passport was released

Posted via CB10
    It boils down to consumer demand. Chen is working to keep the company going with a review of what is necessary to remain relevant in today's market place. BlackBerry  was slowly dying over the last few years through all of the top brass not adapting to market changes or demand.

Carriers are about as loyal as a snake oil salesman. They jump on whatever the demand is for! Heck if the Motorola "Zack Morris - saved by the bell" phone were trendy, they'd bring that back and flog that horse.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 11:30 AM
    If whatever comes next for all-touch, slider or not - is bigger physically than the Z30, nah. Don't get me wrong; I love the idea of the slider and I got lots of use out of my old 9800 Torch. The Z30 is just right at the edge of too big, so larger would be bad, IMO. I know the trend is to go to bigger and bigger screens but it impacts the ease of use adversely.

We're very happy with our Z30's, would have been happy still if it were a tiny bit smaller - like a Z10 but with better specs. So to sum up, if whatever's next goes too large, we'll stick with the Z30. Still performing just fine. If either of ours catastrophically croak, we have 2 brand new spares in their boxes, sitting in the file cabinet.

Richard
    Same here but if it was a little bigger then the z30 like a 5"1 screen u would buy with better specs correct
    07-29-15 12:02 PM
    I upgraded from a Z10 to the Z30 only because it was on sale, and I wanted the bigger screen. From what I've heard about the new slider, I'll probably get it, but only if I still have the Hub, File Manager and Story Maker. (I use those things for my job.)
    07-29-15 12:53 PM
    My main phone is Z30. About one year passed. Personally I think its more stable and usable than Android and Windows Phone I had used before. Will change if Blackberry produces upgrade for Z30, with better cameras and screen

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 01:07 PM
    I'm willing to check out the slider when it comes out, but I'm very happy with my Z30. It handles everything I need so that I am in no rush to upgrade or look for another phone. I guess my real issue is if Verizon doesn't carry the slider and it wows me: will my Z30 be enough to keep me with Verizon? =)
    07-29-15 01:50 PM
    I'm willing to check out the slider when it comes out, but I'm very happy with my Z30. It handles everything I need so that I am in no rush to upgrade or look for another phone. I guess my real issue is if Verizon doesn't carry the slider and it wows me: will my Z30 be enough to keep me with Verizon? =)
    Well I will not try out the slider because I don't want that
    07-29-15 04:18 PM
    My main phone is Z30. About one year passed. Personally I think its more stable and usable than Android and Windows Phone I had used before. Will change if Blackberry produces upgrade for Z30, with better cameras and screen

Posted via CB10
    I'm with u on that
    07-29-15 04:19 PM
    I upgraded from a Z10 to the Z30 only because it was on sale, and I wanted the bigger screen. From what I've heard about the new slider, I'll probably get it, but only if I still have the Hub, File Manager and Story Maker. (I use those things for my job.)
    I had a bold 9900 then I upgraded to a z10 to try BB10 then I got the awesome z30 for the screen and specs and battery life
    07-29-15 04:20 PM
    personally was going to go right after that Zlider as i am a former 9800/9810 Torch owner, however, that was right up until the android malarkey. If rumors are true, will see what the Dallas is about and/or just start a collection of BB10 phones. I'm definitely copping a blue Classic when i get the chance.
    07-29-15 10:18 PM
    For now I am very happy with my two Z30s. I prefer the screen brightness and size of my Z10, but everything else on the Z30 is awesome! I am interested in seeing how the slider turns out. I would prefer more internal memory, a brighter screen, good (replaceable) battery, and a convenient, pocketable size. Otherwise, an upgraded Z30 would be nice.
    07-29-15 10:47 PM
    Do u want a upgrade to your BlackBerry z30 or did u or will u get the slider/passport/classic/leap
    Personally I didn't get the leap or passport or classic and I will not get the slider I want a z30 upgrade but I want to hear everyone's opinion on here
    No interest in a slider phone and would hope for something more inline with a Z10/Z30 for an upgrade path. I sometimes thing BB doesnt listen to their customers when I see their roadmap plans. So far, there's been the Passport and Classic and I've avoid both. Love the Z30/Z10. I toggle between them due to their size variances. The Z10 is stealth, easy to use with one hand and lite. Battery drains too fast and that's where the bulkier Z30 comes into play.
    07-30-15 10:56 AM
105 12345