Hi all,
    Well, Before I get my Z30 I want to have a few things clear.
    Maybe this is the wrong forum, but hopefully someone can answer me.
    I have been with Android and from what I understand it, BB will also give me freedom. I am free to customize and share things that I want, is that correct?
    And BB is also more secure than maybe Android is.
    Am I correct on these Points?
    Many thanks!
    01-04-14 09:38 AM
    Customization is generally limited to your choice of quick settings (in 10.2.1), default apps, hub customization, share card options (including android apps in 10.2.1), storage options (media card, remote computer, USB host, or cloud services)... probably others that I can't think of.

Security is kind of a non-issue for most consumers IMHO, but if your employer manages your phone's work profile with BES10, BlackBerry is definitely the most secure option.

Hope this helps! I love the Z30!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:03 AM
    Sharing things is super easy, BB10 is definitely more secure , more customization is coming in the next update. Android is the most customizable OS out there in my opinion. I do have a Z30 and it is a really good device.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:07 AM
    Many thanks for all your comments!
    Well, I Think I will love the Z30 from all the posts I have been Reading on here.
    One more question. If a calendar event has passed when I had the phone switched off, will I get notified when I switch the phone back on later?
    01-04-14 10:12 AM
    What do you wish to customize? That would give us a better idea. The Android platform is by far more customizable.
    01-04-14 10:12 AM
    BlackBerry Z30 is the best smartphone! It is secure + snappy + responsive + long battery life + good reception (due to paratek antenna) + really good natural sound (it really perform as what has being advertised) ! Trust me... it is better than iPhone 5s in some other way!!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 10:25 AM
    Sorry but have to disagree. Love my Z30 but if you are asking about customization then NOTHING beats Android. In addition, the paucity of apps on Blackberry World make the platform much less customizable. The upside is the incredible utility of the HUB and the beauty of the operating system which is far more unified and less disjointed. The use of gestures is especially helpful in productivity. But there is no way this platform is any where near as customizable or open as Android. Caveat Emptor.
    Q10orDeath likes this.
    01-04-14 11:14 AM
    Hi all,
    Many thanks for all replys!
    , but you can customize it more than IOS?
    And you can send/receive files through Bluetooth?
    01-04-14 12:50 PM
    You can customise by choosing dark theme for calendar, BBM, browsing, etc. I prefer the dark theme and it probably saves battery life.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:51 PM
    Probably not as much as IOS and I am not able to transfer files over blue tooth. I have had an iPhone 5, an HTC One developers edition, a Note 2, and many Droids. The least customizable is the Blackberry. It is the best for communication and that is about it. But it blows the others away as a communication tool.
    01-04-14 03:25 PM
    Hi all,
    Many thanks for all replys!
    , but you can customize it more than IOS?
    And you can send/receive files through Bluetooth?
    Yes, more than iOS for sure.

Yes, unlike iOS, BlackBerry 10 allows you to send files (of any type) over Bluetooth to any device. You can pair the devices manually or you can use the NFC sensor.

Posted via CB10
    chris800 likes this.
    01-04-14 03:57 PM
    Probably not as much as IOS and I am not able to transfer files over blue tooth. I have had an iPhone 5, an HTC One developers edition, a Note 2, and many Droids. The least customizable is the Blackberry. It is the best for communication and that is about it. But it blows the others away as a communication tool.
    What are you talking about? BlackBerry 10 has a lot more settings than iOS. You can choose what you want to see in the quick settings menu, you can change themes for certain apps, you can select default apps, you can colour code email/calendar accounts, you can customise the notifications per account/contact/app, you can adjust the display white balance, the volume buttons can be set to act like previous/next (track) buttons, you can have up to 3 different input languages enabled, you can enable prev/next buttons in the Hub, etc. Give me one example of something that can be customised on iOS and can't be done on a BlackBerry 10 device.

Regarding Bluetooth transfer, it works very well for me. I've used it with many Android phones and recently a few WP8 ones. iOS, as you know, allows you to send files only to other iOS devices through their proprietary standard called Airplay.

Posted via CB10
    chris800 and Bobert_123 like this.
    01-04-14 04:12 PM
    What are you talking about? BlackBerry 10 has a lot more settings than iOS. You can choose what you want to see in the quick settings menu, you can change themes for certain apps, you can select default apps, you can colour code email/calendar accounts, you can customise the notifications per account/contact/app, you can adjust the display white balance, the volume buttons can be set to act like previous/next (track) buttons, you can have up to 3 different input languages enabled, you can enable prev/next buttons in the Hub, etc. Give me one example of something that can be customised on iOS and can't be done on a BlackBerry 10 device.

Regarding Bluetooth transfer, it works very well for me. I've used it with many Android phones and recently a few WP8 ones. iOS, as you know, allows you to send files only to other iOS devices through their proprietary standard called Airplay.

Posted via CB10
    And you can customize the led colors with additional apps like hub++ and bebuzz, you can choose different ringtones for different mailboxes, etc.
    Yes, it IS more customizable than ios

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925 powered cb10
    anon(3993749) and chris800 like this.
    01-04-14 04:19 PM
    Many thanks all for your help!
    I want this phone more and more now, smile.
    One thing I also like with this is that it seems like you dont have to interact with the phone when installing a new version of the OS, Everything can be done from your computer directly.
    So then I suppose that you can do a factory reset from your computer also?
    01-04-14 04:33 PM
    If you want "pretty" go to a flower shop...haha...if you want a great phone and functionality, get a Z30...
    playbookster likes this.
    01-04-14 04:35 PM
    One thing I also like with this is that it seems like you dont have to interact with the phone when installing a new version of the OS, Everything can be done from your computer directly.
    Yes, that's correct. You can do that from BlackBerry Link on your PC.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 04:36 PM
    Well, not everything. The initial setup has to be done one the phone.
    But a reload can also be done without interaction.

01-04-14 04:40 PM
    Well, not everything. The initial setup has to be done one the phone.
    But a reload can also be done without interaction.

True, but the initial setup appears only after a reset or the first time you power your device on.

Posted via CB10
    chris800 likes this.
    01-04-14 04:43 PM
    True, but the initial setup appears only after a reset or the first time you power your device on.

Posted via CB10
    I forgot to point that out. I meet that damn setup after every leak. Can be a bit annoying, because you have to do the gesture learning program every time, luckily they stripped it down from the first version

01-04-14 04:46 PM
    OK that sounds good Everything.
    There is, however, one more thing I am wondering and maybe I should crate a new thread for that if someone is not able to assist me in this thread.
    Is anyone willing to do a factory reset and get that first screen when powering on their phone for the first time and once you get to that emediate first screen, try enabling the Blackberry screen reader, (a program that lets Visually impaired people accessing the phone with speech) by tripple pressing the Power key.
    I have been trying to find an answer to that question and I want to know that I can get speech from the first time I Power on the phone.
    Once again, thanks for all the info!
    01-04-14 05:05 PM
    OK that sounds good Everything.
    There is, however, one more thing I am wondering and maybe I should crate a new thread for that if someone is not able to assist me in this thread.
    Is anyone willing to do a factory reset and get that first screen when powering on their phone for the first time and once you get to that emediate first screen, try enabling the Blackberry screen reader, (a program that lets Visually impaired people accessing the phone with speech) by tripple pressing the Power key.
    I have been trying to find an answer to that question and I want to know that I can get speech from the first time I Power on the phone.
    Once again, thanks for all the info!
    I am not able to do it now, but now that you brought that up, I am wondering, too. I will check that on my z10 on Monday.

01-04-14 05:14 PM
    Seemed to have hit a nerve. I cannot change themes on the BlackBerry. Changing led colors to me is a minimal customization but is available on IOS. Android allows home screen customization that is spectacular. But that does not change how wonderful BlackBerry 10 is. Much more integrated and fluid and intuitive.
    By the way, let's remember this is MY opinion and that I respect yours and also am allowed to disagree and still remain civil.
    01-04-14 06:01 PM
    Seemed to have hit a nerve. I cannot change themes on the BlackBerry. Changing led colors to me is a minimal customization but is available on IOS. Android allows home screen customization that is spectacular. But that does not change how wonderful BlackBerry 10 is. Much more integrated and fluid and intuitive.
    By the way, let's remember this is MY opinion and that I respect yours and also am allowed to disagree and still remain civil.
    If you can't change themes you must be still on 10.1. I suggest you update to 10.2, it has many improvements.
    iPhones don't have a notification LED, so I'm not sure how you can change the colour.
    With regards to Android, you are correct. It does offer a lot of customisation compared to both iOS and BlackBerry 10.

If you still think iOS offers more customisation options than BlackBerry 10, can you please give us some examples? I honestly can't think of anything that iOS has over BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:19 PM
    I don't give a rat's arse about themes.
    I use the BB10 dark theme with pure black wallpaper. Its really clean and all the icons make sense. I have a Sony android tablet that I ended up doing the same thing with. Maybe some think boring but I really just want to see the icons/frames it is that im looking for instead of admiring the pretty picture behind the useful stuff. If you want your LEDs to change you can get like hub++. In terms of OS customization, there is no freakin way iOS holds a candle to BB10.

Z30 FTW - Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 06:40 PM
    I'm doing the same thing too... black wallpaper saves much battery life for Z30! love it so much! Bought an otterbox defender case for it! The swipe gesture in BlackBerry 10 OS is really really smooth and it is really suitable for multitasking!

Posted via CB10
    xhead75 likes this.
    01-08-14 07:58 AM
27 12