**update: Seller contacted me back and told me the phone is locked to Bell and he said he didn't know it was locked and he thought all STA-100-5 are factory unlocked. He offered to give me $20 back to cover for the unlocking.

The lonely Z30 =(
    Attachment 227720

Hello I'm wondering if anyone could help me. I have purchased a Z30 STA-100-5 from an seller on Kijiji; I checked to make sure it's the right model and everything because I'm on Wind Mobile. The seller said that the phone is unlocked and it was in Security Wipe mode when I met him and I believed him when he said it's fully unlocked to work on any network. I have never used any unlocking sites before and just wondering if we need to know which carrier the phone was originally from in order to unlock it? I went to mobileunlocked.com and they require that we provide which network service provider the phone is from.

I was very happy to actually have the Z30 but now I am sad because I believed what the seller said and didn't check for myself to make sure the phone was unlocked =/
    Last edited by nhanken; 12-07-13 at 01:53 AM.
    12-07-13 12:34 AM
    Just look up the IMEI - Check IMEI - IMEI.info... it'll likely say the actual carrier. If that service doesn't work, try a different one.
    12-07-13 12:40 AM
    you mean you handed over the money without putting in your sim card to check it was unlocked?? [ you met him you said?]
    12-07-13 12:42 AM
    Yeah stupid me I checked very carefully to make sure it was the right STA model and believed the guy.

Thanks Bla1ze I will check it out. So sad that I have to use my Z10 when the Z30 is just sitting on the table staring back at me. **update: I checked with IMEI.info but it doesn't say anything about carrier. I might just take it to some unlocking site and have them unlock the phone for me since I have no experience with buying unlocking codes from online sites.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by nhanken; 12-07-13 at 01:10 AM.
    12-07-13 12:54 AM
    I have just done this for one of my phone. the carrier is not showing. or the previous one .
    12-07-13 01:13 AM
    Yeah stupid me I checked very carefully to make sure it was the right STA model and believed the guy.

Thanks Bla1ze I will check it out. So sad that I have to use my Z10 when the Z30 is just sitting on the table staring back at me. **update: I checked with IMEI.info but it doesn't say anything about carrier. I might just take it to some unlocking site and have them unlock the phone for me since I have no experience with buying unlocking codes from online sites.

Posted via CB10
    Be careful . I have heard of numerous instances where a phone was forcibly unlocked [ no previous carrier known] and the phone was hardware damaged, and never worked quite correctly. Can't you check the guy online again and just ask him? [ dont mention anything about " you told me this or that''.?? good luck.
    12-07-13 01:19 AM
    The seller has contacted me and said the Z30 is from Bell and he said he had no idea it was locked since he thought all STA-100-5 models are factory unlocked. He offered to give me back $20 to cover the cost for unlocking the phone. If I get back $20 it would cost me around $200 to get the Z30 plus the cash from selling the Z10. **keeps fingers crossed**

Be careful . I have heard of numerous instances where a phone was forcibly unlocked [ no previous carrier known] and the phone was hardware damaged, and never worked quite correctly. Can't you check the guy online again and just ask him? [ dont mention anything about " you told me this or that''.?? good luck.
    12-07-13 01:39 AM
    Hope someone could help u
    12-07-13 06:32 AM