I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a unlocked Z30 that is compatible with AT&T's 4G LTE coverage? I know some sites sell unlocked Z30's but they are only compatible with AT&T's 4G coverage. I personally enjoy the speed of LTE and really don't want to buy a new phone that only gets 4G. Also has anyone heard if and when BlackBerry will sell unlocked Z30's on their website? I'm very upset that AT&T still hasn't made a announcement whether they will carry it and I doubt they will. I have made a few calls to AT&T and didn't get any positive news. But I feel the more people that call will let them know its in demand and maybe they will they will consider it.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-22-13 10:58 AM
    There are a few areas that LTE has been reported working, but for most users checking in here who unlocked their phones to use on AT&T they are not getting LTE.

I am also on AT&T and am weighing unlocking and staying with them or switching to Verizon. I would prefer to stay with AT&T but really don't want to give up LTE. Of course AT&T could make all this simple by carrying the phone, but it doesn't appear that's going to happen anytime soon if at all.
    11-22-13 11:11 AM
    I'm very happy with AT&T and refuse to switch to over priced Verizon over the phone. I'm sure BlackBerry will sell it unlocked like they did with the Z & Q. I rather buy it from AT&T so that I can keep my insurance with it. But it just a matter of when BlackBerry will sell it and with all the praise I am hearing about the phone makes me want to buy it even more. I also don't want hope I get LTE coverage in some areas. With my Z10 I get LTE everywhere and am spoiled by it at this point. I hope other AT&T users are calling them as well because they need to know many people want it and not just current BlackBerry users. I wish they would market it a little because still many don't know it exists
    11-22-13 11:21 AM
    AT&T has at least three LTE bands in deployment. The main one with nationwide coverage is band 17, for which there is no compatible Z30 model. The other ones--with not as much coverage--are bands 4 and 5, for which the STA100-5 model will work (but you should definitely try to find out if you're in a band 4/5 coverage zone.) There are a couple of online unlocked device sellers selling the -5, plus it's what Canadian carriers sell as well.

As far as a band 17 compatible Z30 being sold on BlackBerry's website, I doubt that will happen. I don't think this particular model has been manufactured, as BlackBerry's probably waiting for a PO from AT&T.
    11-22-13 11:27 AM
    Ok thank you very much for that explanation. If I called AT&T will they be able to tell me whether I am in band 4/5 coverage zone? But I may wait a little longer because if I happened to travel out of my area I would still like to have LTE coverage. I hate to spend that much money on a new device to only have LTE in some areas.
    11-22-13 11:37 AM
    But I may wait a little longer because if I happened to travel out of my area I would still like to have LTE coverage. I hate to spend that much money on a new device to only have LTE in some areas.
    I absolutely agree. If I'm going to spend that much money on a phone, I'd want to make sure I'm getting full compatibility as well.

If I called AT&T will they be able to tell me whether I am in band 4/5 coverage zone?
    I really doubt they'd even know what you're talking about. The best resource I know of for finding out what LTE band coverage you have around is this map/website. I would search by carrier. Unfortunately, this website doesn't tell you what type of coverage that band provides. For example, band 5 ("Cellular") in most of the country is used by AT&T for 3G/HSPA+, however in some areas they've refarmed it for LTE. Both these types of areas would look the same on the map. But AFAIK, AT&T uses band 4 ("AWS-1") only for LTE, so you should have better luck narrowing your results for this band.
    11-22-13 11:59 AM
    Yeah it's sad how little the reps know about the company they work for SMH. But thanks for all the great information you provided me and I will do some research

Posted Via CB10 From My AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    11-22-13 12:05 PM
    Yeah it's sad how little the reps know about the company they work for SMH. But thanks for all the great information you provided me and I will do some research

Please post your findings as I'm sure there are many besides myself who would be very interested.
    11-22-13 02:14 PM
    Well I called BlackBerry direct and they did tell me that the Z30 will be coming to their website soon but couldn't confirm a date. Which is fine for me as long as I know its coming. I am going to start buying devices directly to them because I much rather give my money to them then to a carrier that shows no love for BlackBerry.
    kthhrrsn, raw_dog and howards like this.
    11-22-13 05:31 PM
    I've got an unlocked Z30 STA100-5 But don't get any LTE on this even though I'm right in a LTE market. Kind of suck but still am using it as its plenty fast on 4G and can't put it down to go back to my Q10 or G2.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 07:37 PM
    Yeah I'm just going to wait for BlackBerry to offered it unlocked on their website as confirmed when I called them today. The unlocked one they offer will have the correct bands to be compatible with AT&T's 4G LTE. I know 4G is still fast but their is a noticeable difference with LTE when on the Internet. AT&T's LTE is extremely fast and don't want to give that up.

11-22-13 08:22 PM
    Yeah I'm just going to wait for BlackBerry to offered it unlocked on their website as confirmed when I called them today. The unlocked one they offer will have the correct bands to be compatible with AT&T's 4G LTE. I know 4G is still fast but their is a noticeable difference with LTE when on the Internet. AT&T's LTE is extremely fast and don't want to give that up.

Thanks for the update. Did they confirm that the unlocked Z30 they would be offering is completely compatible with the AT&T LTE bands?
    11-23-13 01:45 AM
    Thanks for the update. Did they confirm that the unlocked Z30 they would be offering is completely compatible with the AT&T LTE bands?
    No I actually did not ask them specially but can't imagine that it wouldn't be because the Z & Q10 are. But before I purchase it I will definitely confirm that before spending that type of money.

11-23-13 02:49 PM
    I have no Lte for tmobile... on my
    z30

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    11-23-13 03:52 PM
    I have no Lte for tmobile... on my
    z30

Yeah many people don't that bought a unlocked Z30 and it's the reason I will wait for BlackBerry to sell it unlocked.

11-23-13 05:58 PM
    Mine is unlocked...

11-23-13 10:20 PM
    I'm on att with unlimited data,and lte everywhere.. I would hate to give that up and go to verizon... They better carry it..
    11-25-13 09:23 AM