I have been reading various threads on the comparisons between the Priv Hub and the BB10 Hub. Some positive, some negative.

Can anyone say specifically what the differences are? For example, does the Priv Hub just list new messages (email, text, calls), or can you tap on an entry and go to the app
    03-01-16 08:20 AM
    Hi
    The biggest difference I can see is that Hub is now an app rather than imbedded in the OS. No peek like with BB10. However there are other features on the app version I really like - such as the ability to delete a message just by swiping it to the side (you can choose left or right in the settings). You can also set another quick function to the opposite swipe. I've got mine set to delete if I swipe right and set to unread if I swipe left. Very handy.
    I find within the messages it seems to function as before. Another nice feature of the Hub app rather than the BB10 Hub is that if you do go to a particular message type, when you return to the hub you're not in that message category. You still see everything.
    As with any change, you have to get used to it. But I think the Hub app is more customizable than the embedded Hub, and with use you'll find it's an improvement.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-01-16 08:38 AM
    Does sound good. Thanks !!
    03-01-16 03:23 PM
    Hi
    The biggest difference I can see is that Hub is now an app rather than imbedded in the OS. No peek like with BB10. However there are other features on the app version I really like - such as the ability to delete a message just by swiping it to the side (you can choose left or right in the settings). You can also set another quick function to the opposite swipe. I've got mine set to delete if I swipe right and set to unread if I swipe left. Very handy.
    I find within the messages it seems to function as before. Another nice feature of the Hub app rather than the BB10 Hub is that if you do go to a particular message type, when you return to the hub you're not in that message category. You still see everything.
    As with any change, you have to get used to it. But I think the Hub app is more customizable than the embedded Hub, and with use you'll find it's an improvement.
    Did the Priv having the Hub make you select the Priv as opposed to a Galaxy S6 or S7?
    03-01-16 03:25 PM
    Did the Priv having the Hub make you select the Priv as opposed to a Galaxy S6 or S7?
    For me.. Absolutely. I've actually disabled the hub about 3 times and went with the standalone email and messaging apps. After a max of say two days.. I just couldn't deal with the app to app palaver, enabled the Hub and just totally reminded about how useful and efficient it is to have all messages in one place.

If I had any other android phone there's no doubt I'd have tried to install the cobalt tweaked BlackBerry Priv apps.

The hub is an app.. Not as integrated like how it is in BlackBerry 10 but a very good aggregator for notifications and messages.

The Priv is without doubt a winner.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    z3user likes this.
    03-01-16 04:02 PM
    I think cobalt has made arrangements to use Priv apps on other androids without rooting. The  keyboaed on my nexus 7 is a godsend.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 05:57 PM
    I got the Priv put my z30 in the draw. 5 days later sold the Priv back on z30. The hub on Os10 is just amazing
    For me at least. I need to share files and do things quick on my phone OS 10 and the hub let's me do this.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 02:58 PM
    Does anyone think that BlackBerry will be able to make a version of Android that replicates the Hub the same way as BlackBerry 10?

I love the way my Z30 works with email. The whole flow of the OS is so easy to use, if I didn't have SNAP installed on it, I would have to look at other devices.

Saying this, I think if BlackBerry can make an Android version of bb10 that is secured like the PRIV but reacts like the Z30, keep some Android features, have Google play, I think that would be a winner..

Just my opinion... like I said. Love bb10 but obviously Android is the long term future for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 08:13 PM
    Hi
    I respectfully disagree, rather than remembering whether you set the swipe to delete left or right, in the real hub you just have to tap on the little trash on the left to delete or on the mail icon on the right to mark as unread. Can't get any straight forward than that. On top of that you can swipe up and left anywhere in the os to reach the hub, again, it can't get any better than that.
    03-03-16 09:45 PM
    Maybe yes but did not make me select it over a bb10 device.
    03-03-16 09:48 PM
    Mispost, wouldn't let me delete.
    03-04-16 12:31 AM
    I got the Priv put my z30 in the draw. 5 days later sold the Priv back on z30. The hub on Os10 is just amazing
    For me at least. I need to share files and do things quick on my phone OS 10 and the hub let's me do this.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I didn't get 5 days, but an evening at home spent on a gracious houseguest's Priv demonstrated just how much more fluid and smooth BB10 is, especially Hub. I gave the Priv Hub an honest try, but my Z30's Hub is so more efficient and the synergy of communication forms works so well, I see the Priv Hub needing a lot of work before I would call it remotely comparable to the BB10 Hub. IMO

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 12:35 AM
    Swipe to delete on priv hub is much more user friendly than bb10 hub

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-04-16 01:30 AM
    Actually I have to agree the swipe feature on Priv was nice to delete stuff. But still not enough for me to give up BlackBerry 10 just yet. It is a nice device but yeah doesn't compare to Z30 apart from apps running perfect.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 01:46 AM
    I can see your point on the deletes, but you can customize what a left and right swipe does which is handy. It takes time to get used to the Android-ness. Both "Hubs" are good - better than not having it!
    03-21-16 11:33 AM
    Priv having the hub was part of what made me choose to go for a new phone rather than backing up my Z10 then restoring it to factory settings and crossing my fingers. And the apps - Amazon does not have the full universe of Android apps like Google play. The Samsung products never came to mind...
    03-21-16 11:36 AM
    Have a Priv, next best to BlackBerry 10. Having said that after 24 hours back on Z30. I feel disappointed I can't abandon Z30, but like they say you only realise how good something is when it's gone.

BlackBerry 10 Hub and software is king, the sad thing is most Android users never had the chance to try it.
    03-22-16 12:34 AM
    Its not as good as on the Z30 but it's fine and better than using the Gmail or Google mails apps.

I'm happy enough. As long as my mail and messages are organized life is good.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    03-22-16 11:49 AM
    Question, if BlackBerry made their next phone with Android but customized it to feel like BB10, would that make a good compromise for both app lovers and people that love the way BB10 works..

Basically, the main integration of the Hub to be like BB10 with the peek and flow but the rest android..

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 01:59 PM