View Poll Results: Should BlackBerry sell the Z30 directly to US consumers?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want to buy a Z30 direct from BB!

43 87.76%
  • No. I'm a Verizon customer and will buy it there

2 4.08%
  • No. I'm not interested in buying a Z30

2 4.08%
  • I'm undecided

0 0%
  • I don't care either way

2 4.08%
    Is it possible that BlackBerry actually agreed to give Verizon exclusive rights to this phone in the US for some period of time?

If so, wouldn't they have to wait until that exclusivity period ends?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    This article explains the "exclusivity" with Verizon quite nicely. In short, nothing contractual. Verizon is the only carrier to make a commitment to date in the US.

http://m.cnet.com/news/verizon-to-sell-blackberry-z30-exclusively-in-nov-for-$200/57609653

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    12-15-13 01:08 AM
    I would like to know if the exclusive agreement was truly exclusive or the other carriers not joining in. The first would be the worst decision for BlackBerry to make. Verizon has done nothing with the agreement. The latter would be bad news for BlackBerry as it means they can't even convince the carriers to sell their phones.

Posted via CB10
    This article explains the "exclusivity" with Verizon quite nicely. In short, nothing contractual. Verizon is the only carrier to make a commitment to date in the US.

http://m.cnet.com/news/verizon-to-sell-blackberry-z30-exclusively-in-nov-for-$200/57609653

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    12-15-13 01:08 AM
    That's already the case with LTE, and it was the case with 3G. No US carrier has 100% 2G, 3G, 4G, or LTE coverage. There are always pockets of either no service or a reduction to an older network.
    Agreed, but that's different from having a network present and the user not being able to access it because of their phone's limitation. For example, I've set up my dad who's also on T-Mobile with a Telus 9700. He gets 2G at home because his phone doesn't have the UMTS 1700 band--T-Mobile's most deployed HSPA frequency--in it. Whereas when I visit him, I can pull down HSPA+ just fine. Luckily all he needs his phone for is making calls, but it would not do BlackBerry any good if a Z30 user sees people around him pulling down LTE, etc. on the same network as them, while he/she can't. But if they knowingly bought such a phone, that's their right and choice.
    12-15-13 10:58 AM
28 12